Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 1st, 2020 #1
steven clark

Default Talk Radio

I'd like to know how many of you listen to talk radio? Being WN, we're mostly on the internet, and sites like VNN and others have helped my understanding and give good perspective and facts. However, I still listen to talk radio, but not as much.

It seems like talk radio's heyday was 20 years ago. Naturally, there is Rush. He's like Bob Hope was with other comedians: you couldn't compete with him, he was a kind of icon and final standard of comedy.

Rush has been that way, and I still listen to him, although I wonder how much longer he'll be around. Alex says he's just a bullshitter, and remember Pierce spoke of Limbaugh and others as conservative con men, although I do listen.

I feel a lot fewer of the good ones are around. I enjoy Michael Savage, but he does podcasts now, which seems to be the way talk radio is going.

In St. Louis, I listen to Fox 97.1 a lot, but still, much less. They had a big line of hosts: Bill O'Reilly, Laura Ingraham, Savage, but they kept getting rid of them and replace them with other (cheaper?) talents.
I note Mark Levin was on until recently, but he was taken off, replaced by a financial investment guy…as if the station didn't already have five or six of them.

I never liked Glenn Beck. He was really a gasbag from the start. Probably the one guy who seems to last is Sean Hannity. I never cared for him…seems too schmalzy and a Rush wannabe, but he stays and stays, and I note the libs seems to quote him when they don't know who else to quote. He's like plastic bottles…indestructible

We had a local guy, Jayme Allman, a kind of wild, yelling type, and a lot of fun, but also kind of unpredictable. Allman hated libs, but he also was kind of sweet on blacks (aren't they all?) A couple of years ago, when the school shootings happened in FLorida and that Hogg kid was almost a kind of minor deity…almost as sacred as Paul Floyd now…Allman said on twitter the kid needed to reamed up his ass, and Allman was fired.

Allman resurfaced last year on Salem radio, a 'super conservative' radio station, also featuring Dennis Prager, a soft voice neocon type, and others, but they all left. Salem sold the station to Catholic radio, and now all you hear are Spanish masses…really. Funny about conservatives…they always sell their goods to the highest bidder, and radio is no different. They jabber about being 'conservative' and for 'values', but the profit margin is their real god.

Another thing about talk radio is you always get the neocon Jew message;
it's for the war hawks and Israel types (like Levin raging against the left…then in the same breath goes on about the fucking Holocaust over and over, saying the NY Times REAL crime was they covered it up.
And, yes, they're all nigger lovers. Brian Kilmeade, a kind of Hannity clone, loves having Alan West, the black colonel, on his show, and of course the talkies are all spouting how liberals 'are the real racists,' and Sen. Byrd being in the KKK…never fucking shut up about that.

I went on too long, but I'd like to know who any of you listen that are local favorites, or if you think talk radio has had its day.
It just seems a bit lacking to me…but I do like to hear them go on against the left.

Thread