Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 7th, 2014 #1
Cora McGuire

Default Jew Shatter resigns in disgrace :)

Well, he still has the backing of the Taoiseach, slime that he is, but to all the rest of us the nation wrecker has been made to slink away.
We can only hope that his many nigger-importation "citizenship ceremonies" will go with him

Below is the text of the letter of resignation sent by Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence Alan Shatter to Taoiseach Enda Kenny today.

Quote:
An Taoiseach Enda Kenny TD,
Department of An Taoiseach
7th May 2014

r
Dear Enda,

Thank you for furnishing to me this morning a copy of the report received from Sean Guerin SC on a “Review of the actions taken by An Garda Siochana pertaining to certain allegations made by Sergeant Maurice McCabe”. As you know, the Report runs to over 300 pages and I have neither had the time to fully read or fully consider the contents of the Report. I have, however, fully read Chapters 1, 19 and 20 of the Report and a copy of the letter accompanying it of the 6th May 2014 by Sean Guerin SC.

I note that Mr Guerin states that “it is beyond the scope” of the Review “to make any determination of the complaints Sergeant McCabe has made”. However, having regard to all of the controversy surrounding allegations made by Sergeant Maurice McCabe and the seriousness of the various issues raised by him, I agree with Sean Guerin’s conclusion (his having examined the Garda files and accessed information not furnished to me) that it is appropriate that these matters be the subject of a statutory inquiry.

I would, however, be less than honest if I did not also record my concerns and reservations with regard to his Report and, in particular, certain conclusions reached by him. I was surprised to learn that he received no documentation from the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission (GSOC) and, as he states in his letter, that “the process of drafting the final report was well underway” when he learnt of “difficulties” being expressed by GSOC with regard to the furnishing of documentation to him. Complaints made to GSOC and GSOC’s dealings with those complaints and the statutory role of GSOC were all, amongst other matters, of relevance to the consideration given by me to issues raised by Sergeant McCabe. Under the Terms of Reference furnished to Mr Guerin, he was requested to conclude his review within 8 weeks of 27 Feb 2014 “or as soon as may be thereafter”.
In his letter, he notes that GSOC was willing to release what is described as its “voluminous” documentation subject to certain safeguards which he stated to be “not unreasonable”. I would have expected that, prior to finalising his report, he would have agreed reasonable safeguards with GSOC and obtained and considered documentation held by it with regard to the matters under review prior to formulating his conclusions. Moreover, I note that, under the Terms of Reference, Mr Guerin was authorised to “interview Sergeant Maurice McCabe and any other such person as may be considered necessary and capable of providing relevant and material assistance”.

At no time did he ask to interview me and I would have expected, if it was his intention to reach a conclusion or form an opinion with regard to my approach or the extent of my concern with regard to the issues raised by Sergeant McCabe, that he would have done so.

I am anxious that any controversy that may arise on publication of the Report does not distract from the important work of Government or create any difficulties for the Fine Gael or Labour Parties in the period leading into the European and Local Government elections. It is my judgement that the only way in which such controversy can be avoided is by my offering you my resignation from Cabinet.

It has been a particular privilege to serve as both Minister for Justice and Equality and also Minister for Defence. I want to thank you for affording me the opportunity to be of public service in these positions and I hope that the reforms and change implemented over the past three years will endure and prove to be of lasting benefit to all who reside in our State.
And I hope all your anti-White activity will somehow, someway, be undone and the memory and your nation wrecking efforts never fade from younger generations to come

I believe you are an extraordinary Taoiseach doing an extraordinary job during what has been a very difficult time for our country and I want to thank you for all the assistance and support you have given to me. I also want to record my thanks to the Tánaiste and all my Cabinet colleagues in both parties and to the Fine Gael and Labour Parliamentary Parties. In a cynical age, when politicians are given little public credit for anything they do, I want to especially acknowledge the dedicated commitment of members of both parties, Ministers and non-Ministers, to the welfare of our country. I know on occasion there are issues that give rise to disagreement but what has been extraordinary over the past three years has been the constructive engagement which ultimately has facilitated resolution of the most difficult of issues.

In addition, I want to thank the Attorney General for her assistance and wise counsel on a variety of issues. I am sure that, in the context of the legislative programme, I have put her and her officials from time to time under substantial pressure in my enthusiasm to progress badly needed and long awaited legislative change. Without their help, the progress made would have been impossible. I also want to thank all of the outstanding officials in both of my Departments for the work they do.

Finally, I hope I will be forgiven if I especially thank the many members of the Fine Gael Parliamentary Party, the wider Fine Gael membership and the general public who have been supportive over the past three years through some difficult times and who also have enthusiastically supported and embraced the legislative and other changes which you gave me the opportunity to bring about. I wish the Government well for the remainder of its term in office.
Yours sincerely,
Alan Shatter TD
Minister for Justice. Equality and Defence

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...tion-1.1787011

Old May 7th, 2014 #2
Cora McGuire

Old May 7th, 2014 #3
Cora McGuire

Quote:
I said on the day of his appointment as Minister for Justice & Defence that it was the most dangerous appointment to Cabinet in the history of the state. My rationale was based personal experience of Mr. Shatter's antics and his blatant No. 1 priority to serve Israel's interests over Irish ones.
My comments were rejected as disgraceful by many posters. Some even suggested I was expressing anti semitic views.

Many of the very same posters have since sought openly for him to resign. Irish interests have to be the No. 1 priority of any Irish Govt. Minister.
http://www.politics.ie/forum/current...signed-33.html

Quote:
The earliest reference to the Jews in Ireland was in the year 1079. The Annals of Inisfallen record “Five Jews came from over sea with gifts to Tairdelbach [king of Munster], and they were sent back again over sea.” They were probably merchants from Normandy – http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/G100004/.

No further reference is found until nearly a century later, in the reign of Henry II of England. That monarch, fearful lest an independent kingdom should be established in Ireland, prohibited a proposed expedition there. Strongbow, however, went in defiance of the king’s orders; and, as a result, his estates were confiscated. In his venture Strongbow seems to have been assisted financially by a Jew; for under the date of 1170 the following record occurs: “Josce Jew of Gloucester owes 100 shillings for an amerciament for the moneys which he lent to those who against the king’s prohibition went over to Ireland.” (Jacobs, “Jews of Angevin England,” p. 51).

Jewish names appear in the “Calendar of Documents Relating to Ireland,” between 1171, when Joseph the Doctor is referred to, down to 1179. It is unlikely, however, that Jews settled in the island in appreciable numbers at that period; for no further record is found concerning them until several years later. An entry dated 1225 shows that Roger Bacon had borrowed considerable sums from English Jews in connection with his mission on the king’s service in Ireland.

By 1232, however, there was probably a Jewish community in Ireland, as a grant of July 28, 1232 by King Henry III to Peter de Rivall, gives him the office of treasurer and chancellor of the Irish Exchequer, the king’s ports and coast, and also “the custody of the King’s Judaism in Ireland.” This grant contains the additional instruction that “all Jews in Ireland shall be intentive and respondent to Peter as their keeper in all things touching the King.”

The Jews of this period probably resided in or near Dublin. In the Dublin White Book of 1241 there is a grant of land containing various prohibitions against its sale or disposition by the grantee. Part of the prohibition reads “vel in Judaismo ponere”. The last mention of Jews in the “Calendar of Documents Relating to Ireland” appears about 1286. When the expulsion from England took place (1290), the Irish Jews had doubtless to go as well. A permanent settlement of Jews was established, however, in the late 15th century. Following their expulsion from Portugal in 1496, some Jews settled on Ireland’s south coast. One of them, William Annyas, was elected as Mayor of Youghal, County Cork, in 1555.

The Dublin congregation prospered, and seems to have been in existence in the reigns of King William III. and Queen Anne. In a work published in the latter’s reign mention is made of a visit to London by a Rabbi Aaron Sophair of Dublin. No record, however, is found of any Jewish settlement outside of Dublin. As late as 1737 Cork seems to have had no Jewish community, though toward the middle of the century mention is made of Jews residing there.

In 1728, or thereabout, Michael Phillips presented the Dublin Jews with a piece of freehold ground at Ballybough Bridge for a cemetery; and about the middle of the eighteenth century the Bevis Marks Congregation of London assisted them financially in erecting a wall round the burial-ground. It should be mentioned that the Dublin congregation at one time proposed to affiliate itself with the Spanish and Portuguese congregation of London. Dublin in 1745 contained about forty Jewish families, comprising about 200 persons. Their synagogue was at Marlborough Green, and their cemetery in the center of the village of Ballybough.

In 1746 a bill was introduced in the Irish House of Commons “for naturalizing persons professing the Jewish religion in Ireland.” Another was introduced in the following year, agreed to without amendment, and presented to the Lord Lieutenant to be transmitted to England; but it never received the royal assent. These Irish bills, however, had one very important result; namely, the formation of the Committee of Diligence, which was organized by British Jews at this time to watch the progress of the measure. This ultimately led to the organization of the Board of Deputies, an important body which has continued in existence to the present time. Jews were expressly excepted from the benefit of the Irish Naturalization Act of 1783. The exceptions in the Naturalization Act of 1783 were abolished in 1846. In the same year the obsolete statute “De Judaismo,” which prescribed a special dress for Jews, was also formally repealed. The Irish Marriage Act of 1844 expressly made provision for marriages according to Jewish rites.

Daniel O’Connell is best known for the campaign for Catholic Emancipation; he also supported similar efforts for Jews. At his insistence, in 1846, the British law “De Judaismo,” which prescribed a special dress for Jews, was repealed. O’Connell said: “Ireland has claims on your ancient race, it is the only country that I know of unsullied by any one act of persecution of the Jews”. Many Irish starved during the Great Hunger. Help came from unexpected sources, such as the Sultan of Turkey, the Choctaw Indian tribe and some Jewish philanthropists. A Dublin newspaper, commenting in 1850, pointed out that Baron Lionel de Rothschild and his family had “contributed during the Irish famine of 1847 … a sum far beyond the joint contributions of the Devonshires, and Herefords, Lansdownes, Fitzwilliams and Herberts, who annually drew so many times that amount from their Irish estates.”

There was some Jewish immigration to Ireland during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In 1871 the Jewish population of Ireland was 258; by 1881 it had risen to 453; most of the immigration at this time came from England or Germany. In the wake of the Russian pogroms there was increased immigration, mostly from Eastern Europe (in particular Lithuania). By the year 1901 there were an estimated 3,771 Jews in Ireland, over half of them (2,200) residing in Dublin, and by 1904 the total Jewish population had reached an estimated 4,800. As Ireland was part of the United Kingdom at this time, the Jewish community benefited from the British government’s emancipation laws.

The anti-Semitic boycott in Limerick in the first decade of the 20th century is known as the Limerick Pogrom, and caused many Jews to leave the city. It was instigated by an influential fundamentalist Catholic priest, Fr. John Creagh of the Redemptorist Order. He was moved by his superiors to an island in the Pacific Ocean soon after, and he died in Wellington, New Zealand in 1947. Joe Briscoe, son of the late Robert Briscoe, Irish Jewish politician, describes the Limerick episode as “an aberration in an otherwise almost perfect history of Ireland and its treatment of the Jews”. Robert Briscoe, twice Lord Mayor of Dublin (1956 – 1957 & 1961 – 1962) was a prominent member of the IRA during the Irish War of Independence. The Blueshirts of the 1930s were, at least partially, anti-semitic. Gerald Goldberg (1912-2003), who was born in Cork, related an incident on the RTÉ documentary “A Corkman, an Irishman and a Jew”. When he was a student at UCC he rose to speak at a debate, the auditor silenced him, as he was a “foreigner” and only “Irishmen” were permitted to speak. He left, and although he wished to forget the incident, other students led by the son of the martyred Sinn Féin Lord Mayor, Thomas Mac Curtain, insisted that he return. The hall was filled with Mac Curtain supporters from the student membership of the IRA. The auditor was silenced and Gerald Goldberg made his speech. He suffered no further anti-semitic incidents. The Fianna Fáil government later banned the Blueshirts. In 1977 Goldberg became Lord Mayor of Cork. During his term of office he opened the Trinity Presbyterian Bridge, which in typically Cork fashion was nicknamed “The Passover.”

Ireland’s behaviour towards Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust was, in the later words of Justice Minister Michael McDowell “antipathetic, hostile and unfeeling”. Dr Mervyn O’Driscoll of University College Cork reported on the unofficial and official barriers that prevented Jews from finding refuge in Ireland: “Although overt anti-Semitism was untypical, the Irish were indifferent to the Nazi persecution of the Jews and those fleeing the third Reich. A successful applicant in 1938 was typically wealthy, middle-aged or elderly, single from Austria, Roman Catholic and desiring to retire in peace to Ireland and not engage in employment. Only a few Viennese bankers and industrialists met the strict criterion of being Catholic, although possibly of Jewish descent, capable of supporting themselves comfortably without involvement in the economic life of the country.” It is estimated that Ireland accepted as few as 30 Jewish refugees before and during World War II.

There was some domestic anti-Jewish sentiment during World War II as well, most notably expressed in a notorious speech to the Dáil in 1943, when independent T.D. Oliver J. Flanagan advocated “routing the Jews out of the country”. Two Irish Jews, Esther Steinberg and her infant son, are known to have been killed during the Holocaust, which otherwise did not substantially directly affect the Jews actually living in Ireland. Many of Ireland’s Jews joined the part-time army reserve during the war. A newspaper report in the Evening Mail said of a visit to a police station that “I thought that I was in a synagogue!”. The Jewish population of Ireland reached around 5,500 in the late 1940s, but has since declined to around 1,800, mainly through emigration to larger Jewish communities such as those in England and Israel. During the years of economic growth new employment oportunities were created with the associated inward immigration that this has brought, the Jewish Communities have also benefited, with new families arriving and settling down. The Jewish School has welcomed the new youngsters, and the newly arrived families find a warm welcome. As the inward immigration continues to rise rapidly, there is a chance once again of Dublin becoming a thriving Jewish city.
With Shatter out hopefully those plans are now not looking as rosy

http://www.jewishireland.org/irish-j...story/history/

Old May 8th, 2014 #4
Cora McGuire

The Irish Savant's take:

Quote:
Wednesday, 7 May 2014\

Rejoice! The rat departs

In this post I revealed the glad tidings that "Ireland's" Minister for Justice and Defence was getting it from all sides. Not for the main reason, in that he traitorously used is brief time in office to single-handedly alter the ethnic makeup of "his" country. No, he finally was forced to resign as a result of an unending series of scandals all of his own making having clung to office like, let me think of a suitable analogy, like shit to a blanket.

If you read his valedictory address you'll find it hard to believe his brief was (cough) justice and defence. Because most of the address is given over to his 'achievement' in granting Irish (and hence EU) citizenship to a motley collection of 68,000 Third Worlders (=1.5% of the Irish population) in the 28 months he's been in office. Prior to that the annual average was just a couple of hundred.

So even his attenuated period in office will enable him to look back with satisfaction at the scale of his nation-wrecking. But this is somewhat offset by the glorious own-goal he scored in relation to the public's perception of Jews generally. Because it's fair to say he came to be universally loathed for, among other things, his over-weeing arrogance and willingness to throw everybody and anybody under the bus to save his own skin. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, even his own friends hated him.

Anyway, let us savour our moment of joy......God knows we don't have many.

PS: I tried to comment on the article cited above to the effect that if all those immigrants are so wonderful for Ireland why is Shatter so opposed to such people immigrating to Israel. Got the 'waiting moderation' message and shortly afterwards it disappeared into the ether. Must keep the peasants in the dark.
http://irishsavant.blogspot.ie/?zx=eed22a7eb4225a36

Old May 8th, 2014 #5
Squarehead Chris

Bravo!
He'll probably run off to israel where he will be untouchable before he can be held accountable for any of his myriad crimes.

Last edited by Squarehead Chris; May 8th, 2014 at 02:31 AM.

Old May 8th, 2014 #6
john-connor
Banned

Tags
alan shatter, anti-white, jews in ireland, resigns

Thread