VNN Broadcasts

Old August 25th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Believers Killed by Religious Insanity

Rubel Sheikh (eaten by crocodile)
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24219837-2,00.html
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=833725&postcount=2

Last edited by Alex Linder; August 25th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Old August 25th, 2008 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Crocodile eats man who sought its blessing

From correspondents in Bangladesh

August 21, 2008 08:15pm
Article from: AAP

A CROCODILE killed and ate a 25-year-old man in Bangladesh after he waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed by the animal, police say.

Inspector Humayun Kabir said Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50km from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where the attack happened.

Kabir said hundreds of people visit the shrine every day to offer hens and goats to the five crocodiles living in the pond. Part of the ritual involves bathing in the water.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond,'' Kabir said.

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people.''
Kabir said about 25 people dived into the pond following the attack yesterday, but could not find the man's body.

It washed ashore today and had been largely eaten, he said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24219837-2,00.html

Old August 25th, 2008 #3
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond,'' Kabir said.
So the crocodile baptized him... interesting.

Old August 25th, 2008 #4
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

While the crocodiles were eating, Crocajus took a nigger and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and handed it to the disciples, saying, "Take this nigger and eat it. This is a fucking idiot."

And Darwin looked down and said, "It is good".

Mike

Old January 4th, 2012 #5
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Jesus Let Him Down

This is the hometown of Office Harless who won fame for his recent threat to kill a concealed weapon permit holder in a viral video on You Tube. Where was Harless when Jesus let his fellow citizen down? This story is almost as good as the one about the Dothead and the crocodile.

Quote:
CANTON —

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x43880...tudy-in-Canton

Jackson man fatally shot while clutching his Bible

By Lori Monsewicz
CantonRep.com staff writer
Posted Sep 23, 2011 @ 09:05 AM
Last update Sep 24, 2011 @ 04:13 PM

captionale Settle Sr., left, with his son, Dale Settle Jr. The younger man was killed during an armed robbery Thursday night as he arrived with two other younger people at a Bible study at a northwest Canton couple’s home.

Dale Settle Jr. held out his Bible when armed robbers approached him and two other young people arriving for a late-night home Bible study Thursday. “In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,” Settle repeated several times. But it did. Now the 22-year-old Jackson Township man is dead, and police are looking for his killer.

Police were called at 10:32 p.m. Thursday to the 600 block of Hazlett Avenue NW, arriving to find Settle with a gunshot wound to the abdomen and lying on the ground outside the home, said Capt. Dave Davis, who heads the Detective Bureau. “Dale really died a martyr. The Bible says there’s no greater love than to lay down one’s life for a friend. Dale loved us,” said a man who had been with him. The man has asked not to be named as police continue to search for Settle’s killers.

Word of the shooting spread quickly through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter as paramedics rushed Settle to Aultman Hospital. Other church members showed up at the hospital.

A STRONG FAITH

“The whole Bible study sat at the hospital all night praying,” said Settle’s father, Dale Settle Sr. The young man died in surgery at 5:55 a.m. Friday, said Harry Campbell, chief investigator with the Stark County Coroner’s Office. An autopsy was scheduled for later in the day.

By 11 a.m., more than 70 young people had gathered at Faith Family Church, 8200 Freedom Ave. NW. Word continued to spread through Facebook and Twitter, Pastor Michael Cameneti explained.

Adam Fox, 18, and Cory Kotema, 17, were sitting in McKinley High School when Fox was alerted by a story on cantonrep.com that their friend had died. Fox sent a text message to Kotema, who was in Spanish class. Kotema said he quickly went to the school counselor’s office, saying he needed to be with his church family. “It’s hard for us to believe that he’s dead. I mean, he’s 22 years old!” Fox said, wiping away tears.

They stood with fellow church-goers in small groups, some wiping away tears and others hugging before “Pastor Mike” prayed for God to grant comfort to Settle’s family. The pastor asked the young mourners “come out of this by serving God with more intensity,” and he prayed for the gunmen. “We pray for the two individuals, Father God, that you have mercy on their souls,” he said.

The pastor’s wife, Barbara Cameneti, told the group when police first arrived at the scene, they found Settle praying in tongues. “One of the police officers asked if (Dale) was speaking Spanish,” she said through tears. “He could’ve been praying for the man who shot him, for the man’s salvation.”

The man who was with him recalled prayer. “He was praising God and praying,” he said.

Settle’s father isn’t surprised. “He was a born-again Christian. He loved God; he loved young people,” the elder Settle said, struggling to hold back tears. “His life was all about helping other people.”

While the Settles attended church twice a week, Settle attended three times a week, teaching younger believers, joining activities and playing volleyball with them, according to the family.

FAITH AND FAMILY

Settle had always been an active young man. A native of Newton Falls, he played baseball from the age of 7 to 18, having played every position. He graduated in Newton Falls. “He was an amazing son,” said his mother, Sharon Lane of Newton Falls.

Although his first years of college meant “party all the time” like a stereotypical college kid, she said, “He completely changed” when he joined the church. He began hanging out with a new set of friends, and his faith in God bloomed. Settle had worked at the Outback Steakhouse in Cuyahoga Falls for four years before moving a few months ago to Jackson Township to live with his father and two younger siblings, his father said.

At the time of his death, Dale Settle Jr. was still employed at the restaurant’s Whipple Avenue NW location and attending the University of Akron, where he majored in business management. When he wasn’t in church or teaching church classes of 30 to 60 youngsters, he played with his younger siblings.

“He just gave his life to Jesus,” Dale Settle Sr. said, tears beginning to stream down his face. “He didn’t have time for goofing off. He was working and going to school and taking care of kids. About the only thing he did for himself was working out, the weightlifting.”

Settle is survived by his parents, step-parents, two siblings in Florida, two younger siblings in Jackson Township and four foster siblings. While family and friends have so much to say about Settle, police say little is known about the men who killed him.

The gunman with the pistol was described as black, about 6 feet tall, thin and wearing a red hoodie, Davis said. A description of the man who was with him wasn’t available. Police and the FBI are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for Settle’s death. Davis asked anyone with information about the shooting to call detectives at 330-489-3144.

Old January 4th, 2012 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,” Settle repeated several times. But it did.

You don't say.

Jebus - the white man's magic pig grease.

Old January 4th, 2012 #7
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,” Settle repeated several times. But it did.

You don't say.

He just didn't have enough faith.

That story is depressing on a lot of levels.

Old January 4th, 2012 #8
Armstrong
Banned

It's also a violation of the 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God' by doing silly stuff.....

Old January 25th, 2012 #9
Tom Scabdates
Banned

Quote:

You don't say.

Unfortunately there is no reasoning with those that have been infected with the jewish virus called Yahweh. It's a disease that very few of those afflicted ever rationally recover from.

Old June 10th, 2012 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

[spreading the good news - if old news - about snake shakers sent to their eternal glory, they think. it is the wrongest thing in the world to pass laws against the stuff described below; far better to let nature take its course with these albino apes]

ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: Oct. 15, 1961 snake-handling story

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

EDITOR’S NOTE: The following story is from the Oct. 15, 1961, edition of the Bluefield Daily Telegraph. Due to an archive glitch, one paragraph in the story was intelligible.

By BURL OSBORNE

Associated Press Staff Writer

Her eyes burned at the crowd in the tiny coalfield church at Jolo in McDowell county.

“I gave up one of my children to this, and I’m not backing up from the stiff-necked, uncircumcised who never knew God.”

Mrs. Robert Elkins, self-appoionted leader of the snake handling Church in Jesus was “testifying.” It had been barely two weeks since her 23-year-old daughter died after a four-foot rattlesnake bit her during worship service at the church.

The death — which came after medical attention twice was refused — brought promises of an anti-snake handling law from aroused members of the state legislature.

Will Defy Law

But Mrs. Elkins served notice that “if they pass a law against handling snakes, we’ll handle them anyhow.

“I’m letting God fight my battle,” she said. “You think I’m going to let some of these little judges and lawyers make me back up on my salvation — No.!”

The practice of handling serpents in religious services already has been outlawed in neighboring states. As one result, Virginians from across the nearby state line were sprinkled among the 200 or more persons who turned out for this Sunday night service.

Many who attended were no more than curious. Others came to worship — but from a distance. And a few — perhaps half a dozen — came to handle the snakes and drink the poison to prove their faith.

The ritual is performed in a small frame building locked in the coal fields of Southern West Virginia by rugged mountains and narrow, twisting roads. The people are as rugged as the mountains.

Should Have own Wife

“We don’t believe in no cigarettes, smoking tobacco or back talk,” Mr. Elkins declared. A chorus of voices answered, “she’s right.” “Every man should have his own wife, she said.

The service had started slowly. The building equipped with unpainted wooden benches, couldn’t contain the crowd. Late comers stood by the highway and peered through open windows.

Bare bulbs lighted the church. A small platform was raised in front. Eight men and six women sat there on hand-made wooden benches. The platform is known to members as “The Holy of Holies.”

The elderly women wore full gingham dresses, ankle length. Their hair was uncut and rolled in tight knots. None wore makeup.

Over a hum of conversation, two electric guitars and a piano were playing spirituals, heads bobbed, keeping time, feet patted the floor. A little girl bounced to the rhythm on her mother’s knee.

Congregation Chants

The old upright piano quickened the pace. It was “Take My Hand Precious Lord.” The congregation chanted with the melody.

A fruit jar containing a colorless liquid rested on the pulpit, in the center of the platform. It was said to be strychnine.

Beneath the benches on the platform were screened-in boxes. More than a dozen rattlesnakes and copperheads coiled inside, ready to be handled. Plain leather toes tapped in rhythm. A slight vibration could be felt running through the floor. Many stood and added clapping to the tapping.

Robert Elkins, playing a guitar, halted the music long enough to caution, “I want to make it clear ... We are not responsible for anybody who goes into the serpent box — we don’t put them on anybody.

Then they prayed. All individually. All aloud.

Fever Pitch

It started as a humming entreaty. The murmur became a chant. From kneeling positions, arms were upraised. Fists were clinched. The chant climaxed to a fever pitch, then subsided. Music resumed.

They sang “I’m getting ready.” Most of those at the front were standing.

The toe-tapping had became foot-stomping. The platform rocked.

The chanting grew to a fevered throbbing. The building rocked. Then on the platform, two men arms — uplifted, eyes closed, expressions blank — started moving, slowly at first, then into a sort of convulsive dance, to the beat of the music.

One sipped from the live jar of clear-liquid. Their dance carried them nearer and nearer the snake boxes. Three women had started to dance. A teenage girl, face flushed but expressionless, joined them ...

*paragraph of story unavailable*

A plump matron, apparently in her 50s or 80s, smiled vacantly and picked up a snake. She held its head near her hand. A forked tongue darted out, but the snake did not strike.

She put down the rattler and brought out a handful of young copperheads. Coddling them in both hands, she lifted the writhing mass to the knot of hair atop her head, and continued to dance. Church members cal it the “Holy Dance,” inspired by God.

A lank gray-haired man took one rattler in each hand. He looked back and dared, “you want one of ‘em Buddy?”

Spectators were stacked to the ceiling at the back of the room. “All right,” Elkins said, “some one testify — sing, pray, whatever the Lord leads you to do.”

His wife strode to the pulpit. Mrs. Elkins, 42, wore high heels and a straight, royal blue, skirt. A light blue scarf was fastened about the collar of the white blouse she wore. Her auburn hair was done tightly about her head.

Paces To And Fro

“I’m glad for something you can feel,” she said, “I’m glad when He saved me He give me the dance, and a new heart and a new life.”

She paced to and fro cross the platform.

“I’m glad we’re not yet living in a state of communism,” I wouldn’t live in a state like that, unless they passed the law all over, and even if they did, we’d worship anyway.

“They won’t even go down in the serpent box; they won’t even pick up a little bottle of strychnine.”

A minister in the Church of Christ in another McDowell community suggested publicly that “the responsible people of that community would be justified in going inside that church and destroying those snakes.”

“I praise God,” Mrs. Elkins said, “because Dewey was bitten last night” Dewey Chains is her 29-year old son. It was the second time he had been bitten.

“Oh, how the devil wanted to kill him, “ she said, “but it’s not swelled much is it?”

Dewey held up his hand, It’s not bothering me one bit.”

The music picked up and the ritual started all over again. “You don’t find many today who’ll confirm The Word,” said the man who first picked up the snakes. “They are afraid to die — glory to God — it don’t make no difference to me — glory to God — if you’re not willing to suffer — glory to God — then you might as well quit — glory to God ...”

“This is the Holy Ghost that does this. When I’m under the anointing of God, you’re not talking about me, you’re talking about God.”

The rattles whirred.

“We know what we’ve go and we don’t have to guess at it. “This (snake handling) is the heart is the heart of our service. If you take them away, we might as well go home.”

A woman from the front row swayed a cross to the edge of the platform. “I’m afraid of the serpents,” she said, but “I believe the Lord gives us the serpents.” At that she began intoning in her “unknown tongue.”

Then there was praying for healing for a sick infant.

“We believe in worshipping God in the beauty of holiness,” said Mrs. Elkins. “sometimes He anoints us and we handle serpents ... and we drink poison ... and we handle fire, heal the sick ...”

It was getting late when the “minister” at the church, identified only as “brother Carl,” stood for a sermon that lasted no more than three minutes.

“People are looking for too much preaching and not enough demonstrating,” the handsome youth, wily hair combed back, told the crowd.

Then they prayed. All individually. All aloud.

http://bdtonline.com/local/x13610829...handling-story

Old June 10th, 2012 #11
Soldatul Vostru
Banned

Quote:
“I gave up one of my children to this, and I’m not backing up from the stiff-necked, uncircumcised who never knew God.”
I will have you know that I am proudly uncircumjewdacised, bitch!

Quote:
Mrs. Robert Elkins, self-appoionted leader of the snake handling Church in Jesus was “testifying.” It had been barely two weeks since her 23-year-old daughter died after a four-foot rattlesnake bit her during worship service at the church.
That's cuz you made her play with the wrong kind of snake.

Quote:
The death — which came after medical attention twice was refused — brought promises of an anti-snake handling law from aroused members of the state legislature.
Medical attention twice refused by these nutjobs: which is why we call it Christinsanity.

Quote:
Will Defy Law

But Mrs. Elkins served notice that “if they pass a law against handling snakes, we’ll handle them anyhow.

“I’m letting God fight my battle,” she said. “You think I’m going to let some of these little judges and lawyers make me back up on my salvation — No.!”
So her "salvation" comes from shaking snakes?

And Jesus said, for whosoever shakes snakes, will not perish, but have eternal life

-John 3:16

Last edited by Soldatul Vostru; June 10th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Old June 10th, 2012 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

Asp-happy Appies aren't big on irony.

Old June 10th, 2012 #13
Alex Linder
Administrator

[The Mountain Dewps are still durpin' away...]

Snake handlers grasp their faith
Young Christians embrace an old, illegal tradition they say has spiritual rewards

Religion News Service

Published 08:28 p.m., Friday, June 8, 2012

LAFOLLETTE, Tenn. — A new generation of serpent-handling Christians is revitalizing a century-old faith tradition in Tennessee.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...th-3620606.php

[The cost of treating religion with respect is higher than we can afford to pay.]

Old June 10th, 2012 #14
Alex Linder
Administrator

Tennessee outlawed serpent handling in 1947 after five worshipers died of bites in two years.

Old June 10th, 2012 #15
Alex Linder
Administrator

Death report: Preacher died from snake bite

A medical examiner has confirmed that a snake-handling West Virginia preacher died from a venomous snake bite.

http://sundaygazettemail.com/News/201206100035

Old September 22nd, 2012 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

[New Age moron leaps into tiger's cage, unfortunately the august beasts fail to convert him to poo]

New York --

Before his now-infamous tangle with a Bronx Zoo tiger, David Villalobos adorned his Facebook page with New Age odes to Mother Earth and affirmations like "Be love and fearless."

Police said Saturday that Villalobos told detectives that it was without fear that he leaped from an elevated train into the animal's den. His reason, they said, was that "he wanted to be one with the tiger."

Villalobos also recounted how, after he landed on all fours, the 400-pound beast attacked him and dragged him around by his foot, said police spokesman Paul Browne. Despite serious injuries, he claimed he was able to get his wish and pet the tiger - a male Siberian named Bashuta - before his rescue, the spokesman said.

Based on his admissions and a complaint from the zoo, police were planning to arrest the hospitalized Villalobos on trespassing charges, Browne said. It was unclear if the 25-year-old real estate agent had an attorney; attempts to reach relatives on Saturday were unsuccessful.

During an interview Saturday, Villalobos told detectives that "his leap was definitely not a suicide attempt, but a desire to be one with the tiger," Browne said.

Villalobos remained hospitalized with bites and punctures on his arms, legs, shoulders and back, and a broken arm and a leg caused by the jump.

The Wild Asia exhibit that's home to the tiger was operating as usual on Saturday, zoo officials said, declining to comment further.

Villalobos' own bizarre encounter began with a ride on the elevated train that takes unrestrained visitors over the Bronx River and through a forest, where they glide along the top edge of a fence past elephants, deer and a tiger enclosure. He and a date had taken in the same sights from the monorail during a visit to the zoo about two weeks ago, police said Saturday.

This time, Villalobos apparently jumped out of his train car and cleared the 16-foot-high perimeter fence. He was alone with Bashuta for about 10 minutes before he was rescued by zoo officials, who used a fire extinguisher to chase the animal away.

Printable Version Email This

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...#ixzz27Fk9FGZs

Thread