VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 15th, 2007 #61
psychologicalshock
Banned

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=261157

Here's a post from today by the REAL people who have been to Detroit and lived there only to be forced out. As you can see no one sane could live there and think Whites do as much crime as Niggers in Detroit. DIE IDIOT DIE!

"when yo ugo into Detroit, they are all armed!!!!!!!!!!legal or not. there are alot of guns in Detroit. I remember going to barber college there, amd had never heard of devils night, the night before holloween, listen these people burn down houses, and run the streets, it was horrible. thugs, detroit is loaded with thugs. the smartest thing for people to do, is stay out of detroit."

White people do this every year, honestly.. .... LOL.

Old October 16th, 2007 #62
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

jewsign

Richard Cohen states in this article that the blacks facing charges in this case was "inappropriate"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...x_N.htm?csp=34

Quote:
Richard Cohen president of the Montgomery, Ala.-based Southern Poverty Law Center, told the panel that hate was behind the incidents in Jena, but that local authorities had mishandled the case. He said the filing of criminal charges against the black teenagers was not an appropriate response.

"What happened in Jena is a textbook example of what shouldn't happen when hate comes to your school," Cohen said.
Truly priceless.
Negroes should not be charged for physically attacking a white boy. Whites should be charged for hanging a noose.

FKA, Hitler Goddess, Starr

Old February 4th, 2008 #63
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Re: Splc

The Southern Poverty Law Center, for those who have never had direct dealings with them, is one of the finest collections of dented cans and scoundrels one could imagine. They are, ironically, the ultimate “hate group.” From the perspective of public discourse, we now live in an era of public lies and private truths. Blame the self-serving, treasonous elites if you will, but the ultimate power of these special interest groups rests in the cowardice of the people. There still are true patriots out there, although they have a harder time holding down jobs.
Posted by Duran Dahl on Mar 20, 2007.

The SPLC has apparently decided to immerse itself in theological matters, finding their latest bogeyman in traditional Roman Catholics. Give it up, Morris!
Posted by Degu on Mar 23, 2007.

Interesting text !
Posted by Tanguy Veys on Mar 26, 2007.

Re/ the SPLC, one might as well laugh as cry: http://conservativetimes.org/?p=266
Posted by G.S. on Apr 09, 2007.

Here’s the revealing statement of Jim Tharpe, the Deputy Metro Editor of the Atlanta Constitution, which he made during a Harvard panel discussion of the Nieman Foundation for Journalism about his experience editing a massive Pulitzer-finalist investigative series on the Southern Poverty Law Center during his days at the Montgomery Advertiser:

http://niemanwatchdog.org/index.cfm?...ons%20May%2099

I’d never done any reporting on nonprofits, I thought they were all good guys, they were mom-and-pop, bake-sale, raise-money-for-the-local-fire-department type operations. I had no idea how sophisticated they were, how much money they raised, and how little access you have to them as a reporter, some of which has already been covered here.

Summary of Findings

Our series was published in 1995 after three years of very brutal research under the threat of lawsuit the entire time.

Our findings were essentially these:

The [Southern Poverty Law] center was building up a huge surplus. It was 50-something million at that time; it’s now approaching 100 million, but they’ve never spent more than 31 percent of the money they were bringing in on programs, and sometimes they spent as little as 18 percent. Most nonprofits spend about 75 percent on programs.

A sampling of their donors showed that they had no idea of the center’s wealth. The charity watchdog groups, the few that are in existence, had consistently criticized the center, even though nobody had reported that.

There was a problem with black employees at what was the nation’s richest civil rights organization; there were no blacks in the top management positions. Twelve out of the 13 black current and former employees we contacted cited racism at the center, which was a shocker to me. As of 1995, the center had hired only two black attorneys in its entire history.

Questionable Fundraising

We also found some questionable fundraising tactics. One of the most celebrated cases the center handled was the case of a young black man, Michael Donald, who was killed by Klansmen in Mobile, Alabama, and his body suspended from a tree, a very grotesque killing. The state tried the people responsible for the murder and several of them ended up on death row, a couple ended up getting life in prison.

The center, after that part of the case took place, sued the Klan organization to which they belonged and won a $7 million verdict. It was a very celebrated verdict in this country. The problem was the people who killed this kid didn’t have any money. What they really got out of it was a $51,000 building that went to the mother of Michael Donald. What the C enter got and what we reported was they raised $9 million in two years using the Donald case, including a mailing with the body of Michael Donald as part of it.

The top center officials, I think the top three, got $350,000 in salaries during that time, and Morris got a movie out of it, a TV movie of the week. I think it was called, “The Morris Dees Story.” [Actually, “Line of Fire: The Morris Dees Story” with, appropriately enough, Corbin Bernsen (who played sleazy lawyer Arnie Becker on “LA Law") as Morris.]

As I said, being the editor on this series really raised my eyebrows. I never knew anything about nonprofits before this. I thought we would have complete access to their financial records; we didn’t. We had access to 990’s, which Doug mentioned earlier, which tell you very little, but they are a good starting point.

Organizations Monitor Nonprofits

I also learned that there are organizations out there that monitor nonprofits. A couple of these that might be worth your time are the National Charities Information Bureau, the American Institute of Philanthropy, and the Charities Division of the Better Business Bureau. They have rather loose guidelines, I think, for the way nonprofits operated, and even with those guidelines, they had blasted the center repeatedly for spending too little on programs, for the number of minorities in management positions, just very basic stuff that they’d been criticized for but nobody had reported.

The relationship with sources on this story was pretty interesting, because like I said, most of these people were our friends, and as somebody mentioned earlier, these were the disillusioned faithful. They were people who didn’t resign. As I said, most of their jobs simply ran out, but they left the center very disillusioned and very willing to talk about it, although most of them wanted to talk off the record.

That presented a number of problems for us. We did not publish anything in the series unless it was attributed to somebody, but we went beyond that. I think if we had stuck with that tack as the only thing we did in the series, we would have ended up with people at the center could have easily dismissed as disgruntled employees.

By looking at 990’s, what few financial records we did have available, we were able to corroborate much of that information, many of the allegations they had made, the fact that the center didn’t spend very much of its money that it took in on programs, the fact that some of the top people at the center were paid very high salaries, the fact that there weren’t minorities in management positions at the center.

If I had advice for anybody looking into a nonprofit it would be this: It’s the most tenacious story. You have to be more tenacious in your pursuit of these things than anything else I’ve ever been a part of. These guys threatened us with a lawsuit from the moment we asked to look at their financial records.

They were very friendly and cooperative, up until the point where we said, “We want to see the checks you write,” and they turned over their 990’s and said, “Come look at these.” We said, “We don’t want to see those, we know what those are and we’ve seen them. We actually want to see the checks you write,” and they said, “Well, there’s 23,000 checks we’ve written over two years, you don’t possibly have time to look through all those,” and we said, “Yes, we do, and we’ll hire an auditor to do it.”

First Threats, Eventually No Response to Questions

At that point, they hired an independent attorney. They’re all lawyers, you’ve got to understand. They hired an attorney who began first by threatening me, then my editor, and then the publisher. “And you better be careful of the questions you ask and the stories you come up with,” and they would cite the libel law to us. So we were under threat of lawsuit for two years, basically, during the research phase of the series.

They initially would answer our questions in person, as long as they could tape-record it. After we asked about finances, they wanted the questions written down and sent to them in advance, and then finally they said, “We’re tired of you guys, we’re not answering anything else,” and they completely cut us off.

We published the series over eight days in 1994, and it had very little effect, actually. I think the center now raises more money than it ever has. [Laughter]

The story really didn’t get out of Montgomery and that’s a real problem. The center’s donors are not in Montgomery; the center’s donors are in the Northeast and on the West Coast. So the story pretty much was contained in Montgomery where it got a shrug-of-the-shoulders reaction. We really didn’t get much reaction at all, I’m sad to say.

One of our editorial writers had an interesting comment on it. I think he stole it from somebody else, but his comment was this: “They came to do good and they’ve done quite well for themselves, and they’ve done even better since the series was published.” I’m not sure what the lesson in that is, but don’t assume because a nonprofit has a sterling reputation it’s not worth looking into, and don’t assume when you start looking into it that it’s going to be easy to get the information, because it’s not.
Posted by Steve Sailer on Jun 01, 2007.

Old May 3rd, 2009 #64
Alex Linder
Administrator

King of the Hate Business

by Alexander Cockburn
May 1st, 2009

The sun is dipping low in the evening sky over the Republican Party as the Other Leading Brand. A mere 21 percent of the adult population identify themselves as Republicans. Sen. Arlen Specter sees the writing on the wall. He prefers to make his sixth senatorial run under the ample Democratic banner, rather than get mangled in the tiny shark tank of a Republican primary attended only by people who want to see the country run by Limbaugh and Hannity. With Franken certified, Specter crossing the aisle and Biden in reserve, the Democrats can no longer hide behind the excuse of a Republican filibuster. They’ll figure out a way, no doubt, but it could be embarrassing.

It’s also horrible news for people who raise money and make money selling the notion there’s a right resurgence out there in the hinterland with massed legions of haters, ready to march down Main Street draped in Klan robes, a copy of Mein Kampf tucked under one arm and a Bible under the other.

What is the arch-salesman of hate mongering, Mr. Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center, going to do now? Ever since 1971, U.S. Postal Service mailbags have bulged with his fundraising letters, scaring dollars out of the pockets of trembling liberals aghast at his lurid depictions of hate-sodden America, in dire need of legal confrontation by the SPLC. Nine years ago, Ken Silverstein wrote a devastating commentary on Dees and the SPLC in Harper’s, dissecting a typical swatch of Dees’ solicitations. At that time, as Silverstein pointed out, the SPLC was “the wealthiest civil rights group in America,” with $120 million in assets.

As of October 2008, the net assets of the SPLC were $170,240,129. The merchant of hate himself, Mr. Dees, was paid an annual $273,132 as chief trial counsel, and the SPLC’s president and CEO, Richard Cohen, $290,193. Total revenue in 2007 was $44,727,257 and program expenses $20,804,536. In other words, the Southern Poverty Law Center was raising twice as much as it was spending on its proclaimed mission. Fundraising and administrative expenses accounted for $9 million, leaving $14 million to be put in the center’s vast asset portfolio.

But where are the haters? That hardy old standby, the KKK, despite the SPLC’s predictable howls about an uptick in its chapters, is a moth-eaten and depleted troupe, at least 10 percent of them on the government payroll as informants for the FBI. As Noel Ignatiev once remarked in his book Race Traitor, there isn’t a public school in any county in the U.S.A. that doesn’t represent a menace to blacks a thousand times more potent than that offered by the KKK, just as there aren’t many such schools that probably haven’t been propositioned by Dees to buy one of the SPLC’s “tolerance” programs. What school is going to go on record rejecting Dees-sponsored tolerance?

Dees and his hate-seekers scour the landscape for hate like the arms manufacturers inventing new threats and for the same reason: It’s their staple.

The SPLC’s latest Year in Hate report claims that in 2008 the number of hate groups rose to 926, up 4 percent from 2007, and 54 percent since 2000. The SPLC doesn’t measure the number of members in the groups, meaning they probably missed me. Change that total to 927. I’m a hate group, meaning in Dees-speak, “one with beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people,” starting with Dick Cheney. I love to dream of him being waterboarded, subjected to loops of Schonberg played at top volume, locked up naked in a meat locker. But the nation’s haters are mostly like me, enjoying their (increasingly circumscribed) constitutionally guaranteed right to hate, solitary, disorganized, prone to sickening relapses into love, or at least the sort of amiable tolerance for All Mankind experienced when looking at photos of Carla Bruni and Princess Letizia of Spain kissing.

The effective haters are big, powerful easily identifiable entities. Why is Dees fingering militiamen in a potato field in Idaho when we have identifiable, well-organized groups that the SPLC could take on? To cite reports from the Urban League, and United for a Fair Economy, minorities are more than three times as likely to hold high-cost subprime loans, foisted on them by predatory lenders, meaning the big banks; “all black and Latino subprime borrowers could stand to lose between $164 billion and $213 billion for loans taken during the past eight years.” Get those bankers and big mortgage touts into court, chief counsel Dees! How about helping workers fired by people who hate anyone trying to organize a union? What about defending immigrants rounded up in ICE raids? How about attacking the roots of Southern poverty, and the system that sustains that poverty as expressed in the endless prisons and Death Rows across the South, disproportionately crammed with blacks and Hispanics?

You fight theatrically, the Dees way, or you fight substantively, like, for example, the Institute for Southern Studies run by Chris Kromm; or like Stephen Bright, who makes only $11,000 as president and senior counsel of the Southern Center for Human Rights. The center’s director makes less than $50,000. It has net assets of a bit over $4.5 million and allocates about $1.6 million a year for expenses, 77 percent of its annual revenue. Bright’s outfit is basically dedicated to two things: prison litigation and the death penalty. He fights the system, case by case. Not the phony targets mostly tilted at by Dees but the effective, bipartisan, functional system of oppression, far more deadly and determined than the SPLC’s tin-pot hate groups. Tear up your check to Dees and send it to Bright.

Old May 5th, 2009 #65
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

the truth is that Morris Dees has given the White Nationalist movement millions in free advertising. Sure, its been embarassing, misleading and so forth, but, without the SPLC making white nationalists out to be scary dudes, and flogging it regularly in the mainstream media, well, a lot of white folks wouldnt even know white nationalists still existed. So that is a silver lining on this slanderer.

Same thing is true of his Roman Catholic targets. He helps them sell books and reach a lot of people they could never afford to touch with paid advertising.

Mo Dees knows this. He doesnt care so much though, you see, because he needs bogeymen to keep the operation running. He is like a war hawk. If peace breaks out, he's out of business and put out to pasture like a bull past his prime.

Aother observation. Mo Dees however is so freakin slick, that direct-mass-mailing-millionaire, that he apes the southern style that emerged from a culture he's made money attacking. Makes him a more potent fundraising figurehead, by confusing ignorant white poeple that the SPLC is not really a bad antiwhite thing, which it is. If they had a frothing Negro rabble rouser like Sharpton in charge, contributions would tank.

I'll bet every time that Jew Potok appears for SPLC on tv he throws cold water on contributions too, he's so ugly and offensive.

If I were an IRS flunkie in the non-profit division, wanting to make a name for myself-- I'm not of course, but follow me for a moment,-- I would find a way to audit SPLC. You know Dees has excess executive compensation and lots of undeclared interested party compensation via the contract mailorder services that the organization uses to mass mail their donor list. Finally consider whether or not, when Dees is flying around on the SPLC's donor nickles, if he is pocketing all his speaking fees as self employment income, or giving them back to SPLC. If he isnt giving them to SPLC, then, he should be declaring the benefits of his unpaid travel services as like kind income on his own tax return. You know he isnt! IRS could deflate this gasbag in a second.

Cockburn-- an honest liberal. Pretty freakin rare. He knows the Democrat-DC leadership is anything but. They wont mess with their man Dees. Cockburn, you're a fucking nobody, while Mo Dees is a gajillionaire. Exploitation of the poor, racial minorities-- you got it right Cockburn, Mo's the best. And he's protected by the Jews.

Old July 7th, 2009 #66
Robert Bandanza
Banned

jewsign SPLC Founder Mo Seligman to Speak on "Domestic Terrorism."

WASHINGTON, July 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Morris Dees, founder of the civil rights group Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), will address a luncheon newsmaker this Friday at the National Press Club. Dees will analyze the upsurge in domestic terrorism since the election of President Obama and discuss SPLC's release that day of new evidence confirming the presence of white supremacists in the military.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080917/NPCLOGO)

Dees pioneered the strategy of holding hate groups responsible for violent acts by their members, filing civil suits that bankrupted almost a dozen major white supremacist organizations. A leader in the fields of civil rights and civil liberties litigation for more than 40 years, he most recently was chief trial counsel in an SPLC case that won a $2.5 million from a Kentucky Klan group whose members severely beat a 16-year-old Latino youth. His award-winning work has earned him numerous plaudits, but also resulted in a series of attempts on his life and those of his colleagues.

Since election of the U.S.' first African-American president, the nation has experienced a rash of violence from the racist right, including the neo-Nazi attack on the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum and the murder of six law enforcement officers. Authorities have interrupted several assassination plots and seized components of a "dirty bomb" being built by a man reportedly upset about Obama's election.

The luncheon begins at 12:30 p.m. Reserve at (202) 662-7501 or [email protected] . Cost of luncheon is $17 for National Press Club members, $28 for their guests and $35 for the general public. Full tables, seating 8 to 10 people each, are also available for reservation.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...5056213&EDATE=

Old August 21st, 2012 #67
Alex Linder
Administrator

christian group sues splc for 100m
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=145132

Old October 17th, 2012 #68
Alex Linder
Administrator

Wealthy White Liberal Race-Hustling Scam Artists
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo on October 15, 2012 02:35 PM

Charles B. Writes: "Your blog posting today inspired me to go to GuideStar.org and find the latest (2011-06-30) [IRS] Form 990 tax return for the Southern Poverty Law Center. Interesting reading . . . The entity has almost a quarter billion dollars invested in something not detailed. No list of stocks or bonds or other investments. It has about ten million cash in hand. It spent about one and one-half million for professional fundraisers, who kept about two-thirds of what they raised. They are filing a Form 990-T which is not available on GuideStar, and it appears a bit over half the entity's gross revenue flows through the taxable activity side, yet that side lost $100,000. One has to wonder . . . "

Yes, Charles, one has to wonder why a supposed anti-poverty organization is sitting on a quarter billion dollar hedge fund and not spending it on legal assistance for the poor. Despite its name, the Southern Poverty Law Center does not even practice poverty law. Its modus operandi is essentially to call anyone who opposes their far-left, communistic ideology and policy agenda a "hate group."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/123172.html

Old October 17th, 2012 #69
R. Pearson
The Jew Hunter

Quote:
According to an October of 2008 article in Counterpunch, founder and Chief Counsel Morris Dees' fund raising letters have been "scaring dollars out of the pockets of trembling liberals, aghast at his lurid depictions of hate-sodden America, in dire need of legal confrontation by the SPLC", since 1971. [8]

As of October 2008, the group's net assets were $170,240,129. Chief Counsel Morris Dees was paid $273,132 and the President and CEO, Richard Cohen, was paid $290,193. Total revenue in 2007 was $44,727,257 and program expenses were $20,804,536. In other words, they raised twice as much they spent. Fund-raising and administrative expenses were $9 million, leaving $14 million to be put into the center's vast assets. [18]

According to a March of 2007 article in Harpers Magazine by Ken Silverstein, the SPLC combats mostly impotent groups like the Nazis and the Klu Klux Klan; raising obscene amounts of money by hyping fears about their power and influence. Hence, they have become the nation's richest "civil rights" organization. In 1978, when their treasury held less than $10 million, Mr. Dees vowed they would stop fund-raising and live off interest when they hit $55 million. A decade later, the goal was upped to $100 million. The group's newsletter promised that this amount would allow it "to cease the costly and often unreliable task of fund raising."[19]

According to the SPLC, the numbers of "known hate groups operating across the country" are growing:
"Currently, there are 926 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others. ..And their numbers are growing." [10]

Some have alleged these numbers are growing because the SPLC has expanded their definition of "hate." Carol M. Swain is a Professor of Political Science and Professor of Law at Vanderbilt University, wrote on the Huffington Post in 2009 that "I have been highly critical of the organization in recent months because of its penchant for going after conservative individuals and groups who have exercised their First Amendment Rights to speak out on issues like illegal immigration." The SPLC included her in their weekly HateWatch after she recommended a documentary for classroom use.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...rty_Law_Center

Old October 18th, 2012 #70
Bruce Howard
Banned

Default Fringe-elements discusses the anti-gentile hate group Southern Poverty Law Center

Old January 29th, 2019 #73
Reynolds
Banned

Alex, I'am brand new here, but no stranger to the cause or other White forums.

Quote:
Link
Both the SPLC and the ADL are thought-policing scams that make a very profitable living from defamation.
I've come to the conclusion that the Jew does not fear the "far-right". Why should they? They control most of the world's wealth and thus power. In 1948 Ben Gurion stated that Israel needed money, and the HOLLOWHOAX was born. The Jew is a genius at making money. The SPLC has now something like 350 million bucks stashed away in an offshore fund in the Cayman Islands. They won't even store it in their own country.

Thread