Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 14th, 2020 #42
Ray Allan

Making great movies in Hollywood is difficult. Anti-white racism will make it impossible

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/494593-holl...tes-white-men/

No shit RT, Hymiewood has been anti-White and anti-White male for decades.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 10th, 2020 #43
Ray Allan

The shaky cam, the fucking shaky cam. Whoever invented that should be shot.

And not holding a shot for longer than 5 seconds. For the ADHD generation, I guess.

Old October 10th, 2020 #44
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bobster View Post
The actors and actress now look like ugly kikes.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
The shaky cam, the fucking shaky cam. Whoever invented that should be shot.
Yeah, that's annoying as hell.

Old April 24th, 2023 #45
James Radov

No Country For Old Men Tried To Warn You

Old April 24th, 2023 #46
James Radov

Fight club and American Psycho have been warning us, the idea of what it means to be a man is destabilizing in modern society. Recently a lot of characters have gained renewed interest among young men calling them "literally me": Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver, Ryan Gosling from Drive, Tyler Durden from Fight Club, Lou Bloom from Nightcrawler and ofcourse Patrick Bateman from American Psycho.

Old April 24th, 2023 #47
James Radov

fyi, the storyline for the novel is different from the film; in teh book its very nonlinear and jumps all over the place, sometimes even within a paragraph.. its both a multiple narrative and internal dialogue, so the write a screenplay form that was not easy;
Author Chuck Palahniuk talks with Joe Rogan about why the themes in his book, "Fight Club" resonated so well with men and propelled the film to become a cultural phenomenon.

Last edited by James Radov; April 28th, 2023 at 05:08 PM.

Old April 24th, 2023 #48
Ole Massa

I remember how nuts people went when the new Star Wars movies came out in the late 90s. Grownups acting like kids.

Old April 24th, 2023 #49
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Massa View Post
I remember how nuts people went when the new Star Wars movies came out in the late 90s. Grownups acting like kids.
Actually, the first one came out in 2000 and sucked stones. Everything after as dreadful.

Old April 26th, 2023 #50
steven clark

Default General Changes in Movies

Gladiatrix:
Nope. First Star Wars came out in 1977, and yes, everyone went crazy over it and the first trilogy. it seemed to offer some kind of need people wanted. I remember I was in college theater and we did a production of Electra...with everyone in Star Wars costumes. An elizabethan play cut out the images to knights and chivalry and put in praise to "Obi-Wan konobe."
There were a dozen or so Star Wars knock-offs from Hollywood.

Odd how America was always searching for an epic, from poems like John Browns Body, the Western, John Wayne films, WWII, and finally got what it wanted in Star Wars.
Funny how that works.

I never watched anything after the first trilogy, which I wasn't that fond of.

Old April 26th, 2023 #51
Ole Massa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
Actually, the first one came out in 2000 and sucked stones. Everything after as dreadful.
1999 was when the Phantom Menace came out. That's what I was talking about.

Old April 27th, 2023 #52
Ray Allan

Fight Club and No Country For Old Men were great movies, one of the very few to come out in the last 25 years that I've actually liked.

Of course I watched the original Star Wars trilogy from 1977-83 which George Lucas later subtitled Episodes IV, V and VI. In 1978 we got the first Star Wars ripoff, the original Battlestar Galactica TV series, which I still watched as a sci-fi-loving teenager. Of the later films, I only saw Episode I The Phantom Menace when it was released in 1999, and didn't like it very much. The following movies in the series were garbage from what little I've seen and read about them.

Last edited by Ray Allan; April 27th, 2023 at 06:30 AM.

Old April 27th, 2023 #53
Ole Massa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Fight Club and No Country For Old Men were great movies, one of the very few to come out in the last 25 years that I've actually liked.

Of course I watched the original Star Wars trilogy from 1977-83 which George Lucas later subtitled Episodes IV, V and VI. In 1978 we got the first Star Wars ripoff, the original Battlestar Galactica TV series, which I still watched as a sci-fi-loving teenager. Of the later films, I only saw Episode I The Phantom Menace when it was released in 1999, and didn't like it very much. The following movies in the series were garbage from what little I've seen and read about them.
No Country for Old Men was excellent.

Old April 28th, 2023 #54
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
Hey, just a minute. Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Episode III – Revenge of the Sith were great. I must state this publicly.

Old August 31st, 2023 #58
bedford

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Radov View Post
fyi, the storyline for the novel is different from the film; in teh book its very nonlinear and jumps all over the place, sometimes even within a paragraph.. its both a multiple narrative and internal dialogue, so the write a screenplay form that was not easy;
Author Chuck Palahniuk talks with Joe Rogan about why the themes in his book, "Fight Club" resonated so well with men and propelled the film to become a cultural phenomenon.

Why Men Like Fight Club | Chuck Palahniuk
I did not see Fight Club. I will have to check it out. I did watch 12 Monkeys recently and that is a very good Sci fi film. Bruce Willis, Madeleine Stowe and Brad Pitt are the stars and I thought Brad Pitt as a mental patient was really effective. It is prescient from 1995 about a virus that kills most people on earth. Terry Gilliam directed it.

Thread