Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 8th, 2018 #1
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

This is a film about Tonya Harding, and it's personal for me. I remember her claim to fame, and my mother became addicted to watching figure skating at that time, becoming a Nancy Kerrigan groupie.
I avoided the movie because I thought it would be sleaze, but I, Tonya is actually a good film and will give WN some food for thought.
Tonya Harding is portrayed as a working class kid driven to skating by her mother, the most monstrous, God awful bitch I've seen in movies for a long time. Her mother slaps Tonya, insults her, makes her skate until she pisses, all the time saying she's doing this to make Tonya tough. At a skating event, she even hires a lout to heckle Tonya.
It works, and Tonya has a lot of talent as a skater. She also has drive, and even drops out of school to keep skating. Her mother is as crazy as ever, constantly smoking as well. The actress who plays her keeps the madness in narrow eyes and a constant drone...sort of like crazy people we've all known, and in fact both women remind me of the family my brother married into.
Tonya learns to shoot from her father, a decent but cold guy who finally takes off. When Tonya's mother stabs her with a knife...well, Tonya stays, and meets the second nut in her life, Jeff Gillooly, a meek, nice guy...until he slaps her around. Tonya slaps back, and a lot of critics claim this is funny. No, it's not.
Tonya continues skating and breaks records, but her blue collar/redneck life is looked down on by judges, who want skaters to be nice and represent middle class values. They prefer Nancy, who plays the game of Miss Pretty. Tonya keeps on skating and showing them, and somehow, 'the incident' comes to pass...where Nancy Kerrigan is attacked. The movie shows it masterminded by Shawn Eckhardt, Tonya's body guard, played by a guy who looks like John Candy's brother, and a loonie who claims to be a counter terrorist expert, among other dubious titles. He has some goons attack Nancy (the plan was originally to write death threats), and the plot crashes and burns like a dozen or so conspiracy theories we see on the net.
I liked the way Tonya is depicted, as surviving between terrible and ridiculous, and showing how her flaw was not running away from people like her mother and Gillooly, but how you get emotionally attached to people like this. it's messy, but it's life.
The film was directed by an Australian. It captures the blue collar world pretty well, and I like how it's an all white cast (except three cops are played by blacks). The director does the usual hate conservatives...in Eckhardt's room (he lives with his parents), there is a large poster of Reagan to remind us how stupid he is, and the movie has Tonya and Gillooly address the camera as they're older...arty touch, and Tonya says how there is no real truth, only what we experience...a way to get her off the hook in the vicious and brainless attack on Nancy?
But I think the film shows blue collar life with sympathy and understanding. As Alex Linder says, we should be receptive to films that do this.
I do think the Eckhardt scenes are funny, and he reminds me of a lot of people in our movement, who talk about how tough they are and how knowing, but when the FBI comes, he tries his little tricks, then breaks down and rats, and wears a wire to trap Gillooly. Too many jerks like this in our movement.
Interesting the director is Australian, much like the director for another film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, is Irish. American directors seem to have written America off, like Alex said, the people who run America have declared war on the people who are America.
The only thing I wish is the ending hadn't been so downbeat. Tonya actually has become a welder, painter, has a marriage and a child, and hunts with a bow. She also saved a woman's life once by using mouth-to-mouth.
Also, after she was disqualified from skating in America, she was offered a chance to skate for Australia but turned it down, because she said she was American and only wanted to skate for her country.
So, for all the baggage in her life, that's a silver lining.

Old February 8th, 2018 #2
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

I, Tonya was garbage, and tanked at the box office, which it deserved.

The woman who played her mom is a good actress, though, did a good job showing the cuckoo quality of the woman.

Tonya wrote down the times and location of Nancy's practice sessions, confirmed by a handwriting expert to be in her handwriting, and threw it in a dumpster where a woman called police and it was retrieved.

To this day she says she 'had no idea where she practiced', a lie.

Yes, her mom was probably an insane bitch, and Tonya inherited every drop of the insane bitch DNA most likely.

Nancy was not only attacked, then put all over media until people got tired of seeing it and blamed her, when all she did was skate and get attacked by a nut. Then media, in all its niceness, attacked her and made fun of her.

The FBI tapes that the Kerrigans listented to show Tonya is a liar, and knew far more than she admits. The first plan was to shoot Nancy with a high powered rifle, and fatboy actually talked them out of that, said all they needed to do was make sure she couldn't skate.

Realize: Eckardt suggests a car crash, even murder by sniper fire, but they other dudes didn't want to do that, they settled on trying to shatter her knee.

That's disucssed here and has been in a couple of the more honest documentaries:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ine/866861001/

Horrible.

Fast Forward to them actually letting the insane nut go to the Olympics and represent our country, where she embarassed the USA with her 'my shoe-lace is too short I can't tie it!' fiasco.

She caused Jose Chiounard to have to skate early, which disrupts a skater's equilibrium and give's Tonya the better slot of skating last in group 2. Once again, manipulative bitch gets her way and hurts other people in the process.

Then Oksana Baiul, with her two-footed landings, got the gold. Not Oksana's fault she was just a kid, but it was unfair, as many coaches and judges attested to. And we know from what came out in later years how corrupt the judging often is, since they got called out on it in the pairs competition, having to issue two golds due to the pre plotted cheating in favor of Russians Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze against the Canadian Pairs team, Sale and Pelletier.

Nancy was not just 'pretty': anyone who knows figure skating knows -heck, whether they know the sport or not- that Tonya is a hunched over slob. A triple axel is one jump---that she never did consistently, btw---but she was fat and lazy, smoked cigarettes, and always had a prima-donna 'wardrobe malfunction' at competitions, including the Olympics. One time she had a dress malfunction, another time a 'skate blade broke', etc. She was totally maladjusted, no doubt due to a combo of DNA and upbringing.

BTW: Nancy's dad worked several jobs round the clock so she could skate. Tonya's poverty status doesn't excuse her shit character.

Tonya was a grown woman. Plots to assault your competition should have meant one thing for her: jail.

Good that she lost the ability to coach kids or skate. Her own fault, not her mom's, and sure as hell not Nancy's.

This movie is a whitewash of the kind of person Tonya really is, a woe is me for criminal trash. It's something I hate about 'In Cold Blood' after having really liked the movie, in which I do think the acting is absolutely brilliant, but the idea that people are not responsible for their behavior when grown, and should be given a pass for upbringing, is a point I think is totally fallacious in such films.

They don't like to look at the biological aspect: sometimes all the love and kindness in the world wouldn't change a person. This is why kids like Tonya, taken away from horrid parents, are sometimes just biologically similar to the parent, and not good people, and sometimes not. A very individual thing, varies from family to family, person to person.

Last edited by Emily Henderson; February 8th, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

Old February 8th, 2018 #3
Ray Allan

A few months after the 1994 Winter Olympics, I watched a quickie made-for-TV movie called Tonya and Nancy: The Whole Shocking Story or something like that. I thought Tonya Harding was more entertaining as a wrestling manager.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 8th, 2018 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
A few months after the 1994 Winter Olympics, I watched a quickie made-for-TV movie called Tonya and Nancy: The Whole Shocking Story or something like that. I thought Tonya Harding was more entertaining as a wrestling manager.
She had a brief boxing 'career' also, and tried her hand at rapping.

Had she not been greedy and dishonest, she actually was the first woman to land a triple axel in American National's, and could've potentially medaled. But the Ladies from all over the world were better skaters. Had Chen Lu done a perfect performance, for example, she could've beaten everyone easily, she had a triple lutz triple toe combo back when that was uncommon, and she was a beautiful skater. Nancy would've had a hard time beating Lu, but Tonya was far beneath Chen Lu, Chiounard, Sato, and many others, even on her best day, because of the overall sloppy quality of the skating, and her being someone who rarely skated clean consistently.

They always rehash her sorry butt right around Olympic time, which is combo funny and disgusting since it's now time to 'feel sorry' for this woman who was a thug, who was caught lying repeatedly. Her not coming clean to all makes her still a thug, she should feel grateful she is out and about.

Boxing and pro wrestling are still a bit too classy for her, she should've stuck to rapping....although Lil Wayne might want to wear knee-guards.

Old February 8th, 2018 #5
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

Good replies. I still enjoy the film's depiction of blue collar life, and again, it's a comment on getting away from bad people. Like I said, it reminds me of the family my brother married into…just a bunch losers and underachievers, but my brother goes along. Like a lot of people in such situations, he got trapped and became passive. Now, he's 71 and stuck with taking care of a 7 year old girl the mother, a pothead, doesn't want, and the father isn't too keen taking care of…he's an ex-Marine who got a medical discharge and now married a black woman and has her kid. That's the happy family he wants.
MY brother's wife manipulated him into all of this, and he seems accepting.

It's also interesting that this is a film by an Australian. The film Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri is by an Irishman, and no, I won't see or review it. it's about another wacky woman, and of course deals with 'racism'. When I saw a preview of the leading woman kick a teenage girl in the balls, I decided it wasn't for me.

Three Billboards is garnering prizes and critical acclaim. Seems like the ruling class wants to hear racism and nasty, misanthropic feminism wherever they can. Noted too that in the winter olympics, a black guy was chosen to carry the torch, and some in the teams are complaining of bias.

Well, sure. It's clear the system wants whites destroyed. They make no bones about it, now.

Films always like to take losers and, if not glorify them, tell their story. It's kind of the 'win by losing' philosophy explained in Hear the Cradle Song, where Christianity is shown to favor losers and downtrodden, and by being one of them, you 'win by losing' and so get God's favor.

These two films have been called movies of the Trump era, which shows what the ruling class thinks of us, much like the Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino, with its love of Laotians and Clint dying for them, was called the first movie of the Obama era.

Old February 8th, 2018 #6
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven clark View Post
Films always like to take losers and, if not glorify them, tell their story. It's kind of the 'win by losing' philosophy explained in Hear the Cradle Song, where Christianity is shown to favor losers and downtrodden, and by being one of them, you 'win by losing' and so get God's favor.

These two films have been called movies of the Trump era, which shows what the ruling class thinks of us, much like the Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino, with its love of Laotians and Clint dying for them, was called the first movie of the Obama era.
^^That's a rather brilliant statement, well-said and it's quite true.

Old February 8th, 2018 #7
Robert Ransdell

Looking back (I was in high school when this was going on) I find it pretty amusing that it ended up being a teenage Russian (might have been Ukrainian) skater that ended up winning the gold medal. Amusing because the entire event centered around the American Jerry Springer Show type hoopla and in the end when the actual competition was contested neither one of the soap opera stars won, it was a little known blonde girl from Russia or Ukraine.

Tonya Harding spent some time appearing on some clip show on TruTV I think it was, always struck me that the show took special care to frame her as a redneck idiot due to her low level of education, pretty much your typical Jewish jabs at Whites from a poorer background.

I really have no favorites in any of this and would only mention that paying to see any movie supports the Jewish beast of Hollywood, best not to do it.

- George Lincoln Rockwell concluding his speech at Brown University in 1966

Old February 8th, 2018 #8
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Quote:
This is a film about Tonya Harding, and it's personal for me. I remember her claim to fame, and my mother became addicted to watching figure skating at that time, becoming a Nancy Kerrigan groupie.
I avoided the movie because I thought it would be sleaze, but I, Tonya is actually a good film and will give WN some food for thought.
Thankyou for the heads up. Kind of personal for me too.

The figure skating Olympic trials, where the infamous incident took place was just two blocks from the hotel I worked at as a bellman at nights, finishing my college degree by day.

And yes, it was a big deal back then. National news. Everyone talking about it in the hotel lobby.

Quote:
Finally watched that flick last year.

My favorite scene was when the Clint Eastwood character saved a white female cornered on a street corner in Detroit by three nigger thugs.

Lived near that neighborhood for seven years. Probably walked past that street corner a hundred times getting exercise. Can tell you there has not been an unaccompanied white female walking in that neighborhood since the '67 nigger riot.

My uncle Bud was an officer in the Michigan National Guard back in 1967. He hates niggers and was looking forward to shooting a few dozen of them. Uncle Bud never forgave Gov. George Rommey for taking away their ammo. Once the niggers found that out, blocks of Detroit burned down. Today, the main street through that area is named Rosa Parks Blvd

Last edited by Randolph Dilloway; February 8th, 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Old February 9th, 2018 #9
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

I did a review on VNN of Gran Torino when it came out. What struck me the most was that it attacked blacks (the sacred negro!), and pretty much worshipped Laotians.
Also, Eastwood plays a man who doesn't give a crap about his children or grandchildren, but becomes a protector of a bunch of gooks. And, I might add, in the movie, aside from a banquet they throw for him of gook food, the girl he protects always dislikes him, and her brother, who Eastwood tries to train in a trade, is a doofus who does't seem to care.
The impression over and over about these Laotians was they didn't WANT his help…but white guy that he is, he keeps being altruistic…win by losing.
At the banquet, he is the only white man there and is uneasy. But he won't move to the subs and be with his family and kids and people who care about him. I think this is b.s.

The message was, whites must die for mud peoples. when Eastwood made the movie, it convinced he was always part of the other side, and how much this was propaganda for our extinction. It was also a sign that Hollywood wasn't being subtle about it anymore. As Pierce said, they raised the volume a little higher on the knob.

I know there was a lot of sleaze about Tonya Harding, and it just reminds me how dysfunctional so many white families have become. Again, my brother was forced by his wife to adopt a girl from Russia. She eventually was raped by a neighbor, became a doper, had a daughter out of wedlock, and can barely hold a job at a gas station, and is always in and out of jail. Really, it must be something in the genes, and that should be a warning about adoption. Also, this monster neighbor was raping her, and my brother and his wife didn't know. Their 12 year old goes next door every day to be with a 35 year old man and they don't know?
But my brother's wife's brother was also a child molester. Oh yeah, also a cop.
You get involved with screwed-up people, they control you; you don't reform them.
Again, so many reviews about I, Tonya, said how funny it was, and that's a statement of what our culture sees as humorous.
I agree with Emily about In Cold Blood. I think Capote rather liked the murderers over the victims, which is a trait of our 'literary' types. Much like Norman Mailer wrote in The White Negro how blacks should be admired for their criminality, and he praised a black kid murdering a white shopkeeper. This was in 1960, so you could see how long this has been building up, and how Jews like Mailer show their real intentions.
Again, though, I liked I, Tonya show something real and about whites, instead of that new Black Panther movie Marvel is pushing.
And, by the way, Rotten Tomatoes has forbidden any negative reviews about it to be posted.

Old February 9th, 2018 #10
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
I did a review on VNN of Gran Torino when it came out. What struck me the most was that it attacked blacks (the sacred negro!), and pretty much worshipped Laotians.
Also, Eastwood plays a man who doesn't give a crap about his children or grandchildren, but becomes a protector of a bunch of gooks. And, I might add, in the movie, aside from a banquet they throw for him of gook food, the girl he protects always dislikes him, and her brother, who Eastwood tries to train in a trade, is a doofus who does't seem to care.
The impression over and over about these Laotians was they didn't WANT his help…but white guy that he is, he keeps being altruistic…win by losing.
At the banquet, he is the only white man there and is uneasy. But he won't move to the subs and be with his family and kids and people who care about him. I think this is b.s.
Yes, that struck me too. They far downplayed how hostile the Laotians would've been in reality, too.

The message was 'if you're own White grandkids are self-obsessed morons, disown them and martyr yourself for their biological rivals'....absurd, but there are a lot of White kids who don't appreciate or respect their grandparents..Laotians wouldn't respect him either, though.

I did enjoy that nigger scene, as they knew Whites who'd ever fled an inner city would.

Quote:
The message was, whites must die for mud peoples. when Eastwood made the movie, it convinced he was always part of the other side, and how much this was propaganda for our extinction. It was also a sign that Hollywood wasn't being subtle about it anymore. As Pierce said, they raised the volume a little higher on the knob.

I know there was a lot of sleaze about Tonya Harding, and it just reminds me how dysfunctional so many white families have become. Again, my brother was forced by his wife to adopt a girl from Russia. She eventually was raped by a neighbor, became a doper, had a daughter out of wedlock, and can barely hold a job at a gas station, and is always in and out of jail. Really, it must be something in the genes, and that should be a warning about adoption. Also, this monster neighbor was raping her, and my brother and his wife didn't know. Their 12 year old goes next door every day to be with a 35 year old man and they don't know?
But my brother's wife's brother was also a child molester. Oh yeah, also a cop.
You get involved with screwed-up people, they control you; you don't reform them.
Again, so many reviews about I, Tonya, said how funny it was, and that's a statement of what our culture sees as humorous.
I agree with Emily about In Cold Blood. I think Capote rather liked the murderers over the victims, which is a trait of our 'literary' types. Much like Norman Mailer wrote in The White Negro how blacks should be admired for their criminality, and he praised a black kid murdering a white shopkeeper. This was in 1960, so you could see how long this has been building up, and how Jews like Mailer show their real intentions.
Again, though, I liked I, Tonya show something real and about whites, instead of that new Black Panther movie Marvel is pushing.
And, by the way, Rotten Tomatoes has forbidden any negative reviews about it to be posted.
Yes, because they see the societal ills, they start to 'identify' with 'outsiders', not looking realistically at it. All 'outsiders' are not the same. The Injun, Perry, was a murdering bastard. Dick was scum. Both had horrid upbringings, but the focus on them was to the exclusion of the Clutters, people who were almost lost in translation as we focus on whether Dick and Perry were redeemable. Elevating the perpetrator and what might've 'saved' them over the victim, which is not objective at all.

It was cinematographic brilliance, though, no need for special effects to create fear or emotion. The scenes with Blake and the Priest and the rain reflecting as tears when he's speaking, they happened upon that by accident.

Today there'd be virtual reality holographic blood, screaming, and so on, and a tenth of the authentic feeling, which you can achieve in simple black-and-white with the right acting, writing, and music.

It's why it's hard to watch a film if you've read the book, your imagination is better than film often times. And it's why I like documentaries, where truth is stranger than fiction and they capture things that are just uncanny and unique to the moment, more interesting than made-up 'uncanny' things, almost always.

Old February 10th, 2018 #11
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

Sometimes the book is enough. i read Stephen King's Misery and had no interest in seeing the movie. The book did it all.

I think of Wambaugh's The Onion Field, which showed the criminals as two-bit crooks, and the cop who survived the shooting as psychologically damaged by it...also nice they showed the criminals having no remorse whatsoever about killing an unarmed cop, which is realistic. James Woods played the killer, and he caught the balance just right; a charismatic loser. The movie was very faithful to the book, and Wambaugh had to fight to keep it that way.

As for Olympics, note the recent flag crisis. The top woman was a silver medal winner. The top skater had two golds. He's black. The team votes who will
carry the flag. it was even, and they tossed a coin. She wins, and gest to carry the flag.

Now the black guy complains it was racism, so he was probably a jerk to begin with (maybe they put it to a vote for a reason), and now is revealed as a sore loser and asshole dishing up the usual TNB.

The spirit of Tonya Harding lives on.

Old February 17th, 2018 #12
Ray Allan

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Thread