VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 20th, 2012 #1
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Default "Separate the man from his work" is an ironic common phrase today

How revolting it is when you hear someone accused of something un-P.C. (political correctness being a variable depending only on who is in power), one of the first things the media machine cranks out is "we should separate the man from his work".

Oh, the irony, that this phrase is uttered in a capitalist mechanized cog world. Is the man not already separated from his work enough?

Quote:
“The worker in a capitalist state—and that is his deepest misfortune—is no longer a living human being, a creator, a maker. He has become a machine. A number, a cog in the machine without sense or understanding. He is alienated from what he produces.”

Joseph Goebbels - 1932 Those Damned Nazis
And I can think of fewer disgusting things than the man who - willingly - attempts to create work that does not resonate or represent him. In that I see the true evil that you would see when you look down on airplane-window view of a southeast Asian city, I see 'Foxconn'. Cogs, and their cubicles. Little rats in the machine. For what.

The lesson of the day is, run quick from any idiot - either unfortunately retarded or willfully malicious - who would spout such a line as this.

Last edited by P.E.; May 20th, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

Thread