VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 8th, 2011 #1
varg

Woodpecker VNNForum app available on Android/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch

Get this app on your device:

http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=index

iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch:

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click one of the links below from your phone:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forum...362527234?mt=8

Android App:

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click one of the links below from your phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.forumrunner

-------------------------------------------------------
Once the app is installed, launch it and select search from the home screen. From there type in "VNNForum". It should show up and you'll be able to open it. Once you see the VNN forum listing, use your menu button and add VNNForum to your favorites.

The free version is limited and it won't let you post responses among other things (visit their site to see). I'd suggest trying out the free version and seeing if you like it, then paying the $1.99 for the full version if you plan on using it a lot.

Realize though, this app needs to have our forum listed in their directory for it to work. I'm not sure if they will remove us at some point. I don't think they will since it's a client and they shouldn't care about our forums content. In any case, stick with the free version unless you don't care about losing $2.00 if it ever happens in the future.

Old February 8th, 2011 #2
OTPTT
Banned

Is there any benefit in purchasing the full version of this Android app? It's only $1.99.

Old February 8th, 2011 #3
varg

I don't think you can respond to posts with the free version.

You can set it up to give you a notification when you get a PM or someone responds to a subscribed thread. I'm not sure if that's available in the free version.

I'd say paying the $1.99 is worth it. I just put a disclaimer in case people complained to me about waiting their $2 back. I don't think we'll have any problems though.

Old February 8th, 2011 #4
OTPTT
Banned

I went to purchase the app but saw where two people who paid for it weren't able to download after paying and couldn't get a refund. I'll try and buy it and report back.

... ok, I'm back and typing this portion on my Nook Color converted to Android Tablet running the paid for version of this app. So far, so good.

Paying for the app gives you the ability to post as varg said above. Didn't have the pencil and quote bubble icons in the free version next to each post.

Last edited by OTPTT; February 8th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

Old January 12th, 2013 #5
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Two words for those of you as cheap as me.....

Bit torrents

Old January 31st, 2013 #6
Sam Fisher
Banned

Bought and searched but nothing came up for VNN.

Thread