VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 22nd, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Scientology Thread

[i dont defend Scientology, but notice how a mainstream publication is perfectly comfortable writing against it. how about a similar article on judaism and Big Jew? You'll never see it. Except from 'extremists' on the 'fringe.' One reason jewsmedia like to attack Scientology is that it's anti-pharmaceutical and anti-psychiatry - it threatens their profit centers]

http://www.cracked.com/article_20869...htmare_p2.html

Old June 7th, 2014 #2
Nikolas Waldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[i dont defend Scientology, but notice how a mainstream publication is perfectly comfortable writing against it. how about a similar article on judaism and Big Jew? You'll never see it. Except from 'extremists' on the 'fringe.' One reason jewsmedia like to attack Scientology is that it's anti-pharmaceutical and anti-psychiatry - it threatens their profit centers]

http://www.cracked.com/article_20869...htmare_p2.html
Here's the difference. Scientology isn't just a religion, it's a single church which is extremely corrupt.
Judaism, on the other hand, isn't just one organization, it's a religion. So while one Jewish temple can be just as corrupt as the Church of Scientology, there may also be many Jewish temples that aren't corrupt.

Granted, maybe there should be more scrutiny over how screwed up various parts of the Torah and Talmud are. Same goes for the Bible and Koran, which are just as bad.
However, few religious people actually follow their own insane religions. Most pick and choose the parts they want. So it's still different than criticizing an actual organization like Scientology.

Old June 7th, 2014 #3
notmenomore

Many of Yahweh's own are most comfortable with the Scientology belief system. It seems that the Scientology belief system has no problems with this factoid.

Old April 11th, 2015 #4
Harlan M.

Default Going Clear

I never knew anything about Scientology, til I saw the new HBO documentary "Going Clear". It's basically a UFO cult, founded by a sci-fi author. I noticed all the leadership are Caucasians, and there are only a token number of non-Caucasian members in the congregation.

Old September 7th, 2016 #5
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Hey, with brainy celebs such as Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley, and John Travolta as firm believers in this, whatever the fuck you want to call it, how can you people possibly ridicule scientology?

Old September 7th, 2016 #6
Crowe

Scientology is pretty damn nutty. But when comparing it to other religions, its not exactly setting the nutty bar any higher than religions that have been established for hundreds, or thousands of years.

I view Scientology as more of a fad that the Liberal elite take part in, something akin to a social club. I don't think it'll be something that stands the test of time. It's not appealing to the regular masses.

Old September 8th, 2016 #7
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Scientology is pretty damn nutty. But when comparing it to other religions, its not exactly setting the nutty bar any higher than religions that have been established for hundreds, or thousands of years.

I view Scientology as more of a fad that the Liberal elite take part in, something akin to a social club. I don't think it'll be something that stands the test of time. It's not appealing to the regular masses.
I agree that scientology is no nuttier than religions such as Judeo-Christianity; probably less so. We only think it's crazier in comparison to the Abrahamic religions because we've been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in the latter; this essentially makes it more rational to adhere to its beliefs. Scientology is relatively new, therefore less acceptable. If the reverse were true -- if the Abrahamic religions were conjured up in the 20th century, and Scientology millennia ago -- we'd think the former more insane.

Old September 8th, 2016 #8
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
I agree that scientology is no nuttier than religions such as Judeo-Christianity; probably less so. We only think it's crazier in comparison to the Abrahamic religions because we've been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in the latter; this essentially makes it more rational to adhere to its beliefs. Scientology is relatively new, therefore less acceptable. If the reverse were true -- if the Abrahamic religions were conjured up in the 20th century, and Scientology millennia ago -- we'd think the former more insane.
The christian god is a burning bush, who impregnated a jewish female who was still a virgin by the way. Their baby was a magic jew who died on a stick, and was resurrected. I'm not sure it gets much nuttier than that. Whoever contrived that bullshit must have been under the influence of some sort of mushroom with hallucinogenic properties. A UFO cult seems kinda mild in comparison. I never understood why so many prefer to make their lives revolve around fiction.

Old September 8th, 2016 #9
Robbie Key

Religions are the ultimate proof of the idiocy of liberal/libertarian claims of man's basic rationality. Most people do, think or espouse views that feel good, rather than what's rational.

Last edited by Robbie Key; September 8th, 2016 at 04:49 PM.

Old September 8th, 2016 #10
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
Most people do, think or espouse views that feel good, rather than what's rational.
I'm not sure there is a way around that. The best compromise would be views that bolster our potential rather than retard our potential like christianity does. Even if those views are completely fictional, I'd still be OK with it. If the masses require a fairy tale, let them have one as long as it's not destructive. I think Hitler understood this, as did Goebbels, Himmler and a few others in the NSDAP.

Old September 9th, 2016 #11
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
Most people do, think or espouse views that feel good, rather than what's rational.
Life's a bitch; we're all aware of that. And to all too many the promise of an eternity in paradise as compensation for the pain and anguish we endure in the here and now helps to ease the passage through our miserable earthly lives. That, coupled with the hope that we'll one day be reunited with our deceased loved ones, is motivation enough for many to reject reason itself and cling to any one of the so-called revealed religions; to antiquated notions of salvation through suffering in the name of their particular god. (Speaking of revelations, Thomas Paine, in The Age of Reason, points out that a revelation can only be a revelation to the person it's revealed to; all else is hearsay, gossip more or less. And how do we know that this enlightened one isn't full of shit, or just plain crazy? Or if neither, that he simply got the message wrong?)

Religion is a crutch; one which enables those who can't deal with reality, with the fact of their own mortality, to cope with the harshness and unfairness of life. Honestly, I really do wish I could subscribe to the tenets and beliefs of a religion that promised a heavenly reward, but for the life of me I can't; reason tells me it's simply not true. And if reason truly is "God-given", then how, if I be wrong in denying the existence of God, can he fault me, or condemn me to an eternity of damnation if I put his divine gift to use?

Old September 9th, 2016 #12
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
The christian god is a burning bush, who impregnated a jewish female who was still a virgin by the way. Their baby was a magic jew who died on a stick, and was resurrected. I'm not sure it gets much nuttier than that. Whoever contrived that bullshit must have been under the influence of some sort of mushroom with hallucinogenic properties. A UFO cult seems kinda mild in comparison. I never understood why so many prefer to make their lives revolve around fiction.
Shrooms or no shrooms, it was easy enough to conjure up this shit and pass it off as self-evident truth in an age of superstition and ignorance; these people had no other resource to explain the forces of nature. Amazing that the Greeks, centuries before the Jesus myth took hold of the simpleminded, promoted the advancement of scientific research and knowledge while Christians opposed it to the utmost of their ability, and the Church stayed the advancement of learning by centuries.

At least the ancients had an excuse for belief in mythology: they were intellectually backward rubes and therefore prone to whatever nonsense was thrown their way. But to have the great majority of "educated" Whites in the 21st century professing belief in this bullshit is totally inexcusable. They're in denial of reality; there's no other explanation for it. And the only possible reason for this affliction of the mind is, as I've said in my previous post, that they want to believe in an afterlife free of strife and filled with neverending bliss. Take that hope away and religion would die a quick and painful death.

Old March 28th, 2020 #13
Chris Harrison

I'm familiar with the religion it is actually far more sensible than the "classic" religions and takes logic into account. Those who attack probably only heard what the heebz wanted them to hear. I've seen both sides.

If there is one thing I'm sure of it is that if the MSM heavily attacks it, there's probably some truth or good in it. Not to mention they are the only organization to ever overcome the IRS.. that is worthy of commend in itself.

Celebrities are actually pretty low on the hierarchy of the entertainment industry, but it still surprises me that so many of them are still relevant despite their support of Scntlgy even though it is a minority of the lot.

Old August 27th, 2022 #14
Mark Lejohn

Newbie here. I agree mostly with Chris Harrison, L Ron Hubbard’s book Dianetics made a lot of sense as to how the mind works. When he decided to make it into a religion with Scientology it got a little weirder. L Ron Hubbard predicted it would be somewhat of a ‘Darwinist’ religion in that the people with money to pay the people helping them with the religion (called ‘processing’) would be at the upper tiers and people without money would get endebted to it.

Old March 3rd, 2023 #15
alex revision

Scientology plants trees in Israel in remembrance of the victims of the Shoah

European Office Church of Scientology Public Affairs & Human Rights

March 02, 2023, 07:46 GMT

If others do not help safeguard and improve the environment, the way to happiness could have no roadbed to travel on at all”— L. Ron Hubbard (The Way to Happiness)

ESHTAOL, ISRAEL, March 2, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ -- The Church of Scientology has joined the efforts of the World Congress on Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue, to plant trees in Israel, in memory of the victims of the Shoah, contributing to the land task carried out by the Jewish organization Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael.

“Growing plants and keeping Israel green is both a science and an art” says the website of the organization Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael. “KKL's three tree and plant nurseries, which are located in the country's southern, northern and central regions, are laboratories where different species of trees and plants are grown for Israel's forests and open spaces” continues the website.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/6198...s-of-the-shoah

Thread