VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 5th, 2020 #21
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Albanian President Ilir Meta lauds ‘fantastic’ Israel ties

JAN 24, 2020, 9:20 PM

Bardhyl Canaj, Albania's ambassador to Israel, at far left, holds up one corner of the Albanian flag. Joining him are members of Israel's tiny Albanian Jewish community and Albanian President Ilir Meta, at far right. (Larry Luxner)

JERUSALEM — Leaders of 49 countries converged this week on Jerusalem for ceremonies marking the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. But only one European nation — Albania — can claim it had more Jews at the end of World War II than when the war started.
(...)
I represent Albania, which was unique for not only protecting and saving all its Jews, but also for protecting many others who came to Albania from other countries to avoid being exterminated.”

The president’s bold assertion rests on solid historical facts. Virtually all of Albania’s 300 Jews survived the German occupation thanks to local Muslims and Christians, who also sheltered more than 2,000 Jewish refugees from neighboring Yugoslavia and elsewhere in their homes and basements — often without regard to their own safety.

“It was our obligation to do it,” said Meta, 50. “But we hope this great bond between our nations will result in more productive relations for the future. We can learn a lot from Israel and also be very effective partners, especially in security. We face common threats such as terrorism and violent extremism.”
(...)
“One of my best teachers, Marlena Dojaka, was Jewish, and we are still in touch. Jews were among the best intellectuals of Albania.”
(...)
About 70% of Albania’s 3 million inhabitants profess Islam — a figure that rises to 90% in neighboring Kosovo, a former autonomous province of Serbia that unilaterally declared independence in 2008. While Jews never experienced anti-Semitism in either country, that certainly hasn’t been the case in the rest of Europe — or increasingly in the United States, for that matter.

“This is unacceptable,” Meta warned. “If we tolerate anti-Semitism, it can become the mainstream and would endanger everyone — not only Jews. During the Holocaust, six million Jews were murdered. But everyone who neglected the Jews in the beginning understood in the end that anyone can be a victim of such policies.”
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/alba...c-israel-ties/

Old November 7th, 2020 #22
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Why did Balkan Muslims not react to Trump's Jerusalem provocation?

by Olsi Jazexhi
Op-Ed Dec 26, 2017 12:00 am GMT+3

U.S. President Donald Trump's decision on Jerusalem has caused worldwide condemnation and rejection. Muslim and non-Muslim activists, government institutions and religious organizations have reacted against the latest American provocation against the Muslims and Christians of the Holy Land. The latest U.N. vote against this move shows the international comminuty's disappointment regarding the issue of Jerusalem and the American-Israeli discrimination of the Palestinians.
(...)
Trump's provocation on Jerusalem was met with almost total silence by Muslim Albanian communities in the Balkans. The governments of Kosovo and Albania did the same. If someone visits the official pages of the Muslim Community of Albania, the Islamic Community of Kosovo or the Islamic Religious Community of Macedonia (IRCM), they will have the impression that Jerusalem is not an important issue for Muslim Albanian.
(...)
Unlike the rest of the Muslim world, which has frozen relations with Israel, in post-communist Albania, the Israeli Embassy regularly meets with the leaders of the Sunni Muslim and Bektashi communities and sends them to Israel for cultural and photographic events. The myth of the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies (BESA Center), created by the Israeli state over the past decades, claims that Albanians are good Muslims. They saved all of the Jews during World War II, and as a result, are shown as good Muslims in contrast to the Arabs who do not like them. The Israelis like Albanian dervishes and imams with their turbans and beards paraded around Israel as an example of good Muslims.

Trump's declaration on Jerusalem, which even Pope Francis rejected, did not get the expected reactions from Kosovo or Albania. While the government of Kosovo was totally silent and careful not to worry its American sustainers and Israel, which do not even officially recognize Kosovo as a state, the government of Albania was forced to participate in the Istanbul Summit of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), which declared east Jerusalem the capital of Palestine, participating in the event with a low-level ambassador. Ditmir Bushati, Albania's foreign minister who was grilled in parliament by newborn Catholic politician Tritan Shehu about Albania's presence at the "anti-American event," downplayed the participation in the summit. He said they did not vote for it and even questioned Albania's membership in the OIC.

One day after the OIC's joint declaration, Albanian President Ilir Meta, Israeli ambassador in Tirana Boaz Rodkin and many other Albanian officials celebrated Hanukkah in the premises of the secular Albanian presidency in the presence of Albania's top Sunni and Bektashi clerics. A picture on Meta's website shows that Albanian Muslim leaders and politicians alike have no problem with Israel, which invades, deports and kills their Muslim brethren in Jerusalem and throughout Palestine. They do not share even the pope's call for wisdom and prudence.
https://www.dailysabah.com/op-ed/201...em-provocation

Old November 8th, 2020 #23
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Memorial to Shimon Peres unveiled in Albanian capital

Late president was the first Israeli official to visit Tirana after establishment of diplomatic relations

By TOI STAFF
29 July 2018, 2:46 pm

A memorial to late president Shimon Peres was unveiled in the Albanian capital, Tirana, on Thursday, a sign of Israel friendship with the majority-Muslim country.

The rough-hewn Star of David engraved with the likeness of the Israeli leader was dedicated nearly two years after Peres’ death, and was the initiative of Deputy Israeli Ambassador Yuval Fischer.

Fischer called the monument “a tribute to the great friendship between these two countries.”
https://www.timesofisrael.com/memori...anian-capital/

That Peres memorial is even uglier than the statue of Bill Cunton in Kosovo:

Quote:
Bill Clinton Boulevard is a boulevard located in Pristina, Kosovo.[a] Following the Kosovo War of 1998 to 1999, Albanians in Kosovo wanted to thank former U.S. President Bill Clinton for his help in their struggle with the government of Yugoslavia. A 10-foot-high (3.0 m) statue of Clinton was unveiled on the boulevard on November 1, 2009, at a ceremony in which the former president spoke.[1]

Elsewhere in Pristina, another street has also been named after U.S. President George W. Bush.[2] In addition, several cities in Kosovo, including Prizren, have streets named after President Woodrow Wilson.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_Boulevard

Old November 8th, 2020 #24
Dominus

And let's also not forget this amazing hit song.

Also some Biden moments

It's also interesting how he mentions Nuremberg trials and compares it to trials against Serbians.

Last edited by Dominus; November 8th, 2020 at 05:48 PM.

Old November 9th, 2020 #25
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
And let's also not forget this amazing hit song.

Thank You USA - Armend Miftari MENDI (Official Video)

Good grief, that cringeworthy garbage looks and sounds like something (((Borat))) would come up with.

Old November 9th, 2020 #26
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post

Good grief, that cringeworthy garbage looks and sounds like something (((Borat))) would come up with.
check out this one

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old November 10th, 2020 #27
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post

Yeah, the song was crap, but the mullet was funny. Reminds me a bit of this guy:

Anyway, regarding the thread's topic: I've had very little personal interaction with Albanians, but I'm aware of their bad reputation since Albanian immigrants in other European countries often pop up in news stories as burglars, drug dealers, rapists and in some cases even murderers (as Dominus has shown in this thread).

Here's a case that got a lot of attention in Italy this summer, although it's difficult to find articles about it in major English-language media outlets:

Quote:
Three migrants charged with rape of 15-year-old Italian girl on Lignano beach

August 18, 2020

Three migrant youths on temporary leave from a refugee center raped a 15-year-old Italian girl Saturday evening on a beach near Udine in northeastern Italy.

The young woman was alone and waiting for some friends when she was approached by a group of three men — two are Albanians and one Egyptian. The three had left a refugee center in Milan to spend the mid-August night by the sea, in Lignano Sabbiadoro, a well-known seaside resort in the province of Udine.

According to Milanese daily Il Giornale, the group of foreigners is suspected of forcing themselves on the girl, with two of them allegedly raping the 15-year-old, while the third migrant, a peer of theirs, allegedly only watched what his friends were doing without trying to stop them or warn anyone. The police are charging him with aiding and abetting the crime and for failing to report it to authorities.
https://rmx.news/article/article/thr...-lignano-beach

Old November 11th, 2020 #28
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Albanian human trafficking gang boss is jailed for nine years after smuggling migrants into UK on dinghies

By DARREN BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 14:53 GMT, 22 May 2020 | UPDATED: 17:08 GMT, 22 May 2020

The leader of a people smuggling gang bringing illegal migrants into the UK on a dinghy has been jailed.

Vladimir Bardoshi was the third member of the group of traffickers to be convicted after he was handed a nine-year prison sentence this week.

The 36-year-old from Albania was part of a network that transported illegal migrants from France in small inflatable boats, police said.

They made the treacherous journey by travelling across the English Channel at night and landing on beaches near to Deal in Kent.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ine-years.html

Old November 12th, 2020 #29
Serbian

Quote:

Anyway, regarding the thread's topic: I've had very little personal interaction with Albanians, but I'm aware of their bad reputation since Albanian immigrants in other European countries often pop up in news stories as burglars, drug dealers, rapists and in some cases even murderers (as Dominus has shown in this thread).
Check out this thread

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=157014&page=4

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old November 12th, 2020 #30
Stewart Meadows

A typical news story from Italy:

Quote:
Man killed burglar in 'self defence

25 November 2015
11:05

(ANSA) - Rodano, November 25 - Investigators believe a shopkeeper who shot dead a burglar at his home in the province of Milan late on Tuesday acted "within the realm of self-defence", ANSA sources said on Wednesday. The dead man, 37-year-old Albanian Valentin Frrokaj, was wanted and considered dangerous. He was part of a gang of three that attacked Rodolfo Corazzo outside his home in Rodano and forced him to open the door, according to initial reconstructions.
https://www.ansa.it/english/news/gen...faa1766e3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
Thanks for the link. I honestly had no idea that that thread existed as I don't visit the "Europe+" subforum very often.

Old November 12th, 2020 #31
Stewart Meadows

Here's an article from Times of Israel that was published recently:

Quote:
Muslim-majority Albania hosts first ever Balkan anti-Semitism forum

At online conference organized by US and Israeli groups, Albanian PM calls anti-Semitism ‘a threat to our own civilization’

By LLAZAR SEMINI
28 October 2020, 11:22 pm

TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Albania held an online forum against anti-Semitism Wednesday, the first time such a meeting has been staged in the Balkans, with Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama calling anti-Semitism “a threat to our own civilization.”

The Balkans Forum Against Anti-Semitism was organized by Albania’s Parliament in partnership with the New York-based Combat Anti-Semitism Movement (CAM) and the Jewish Agency for Israel. It was held online due to the virus pandemic.

“We need to continue and fight any form of anti-Semitism, which is a threat to our own civilization … upon which our common future is being built,” Rama said.

Last week Albania’s parliament unanimously approved the definition of anti-Semitism from the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA), which describes hate speech and other acts that discriminate against the Jewish people or the state, their properties or religious objects.

CAM called the approval, the first by a Muslim-majority country, a “landmark decision” and urged other countries to join it.

The IHRA definition has been adopted by many Western countries, though some have objected to its inclusion of some forms of criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/muslim...emitism-forum/

Old November 14th, 2020 #32
Stewart Meadows

Here's a pretty big news story about Albanian crime that hasn't been posted yet:

Quote:
Italian-led investigation busts ethnic Albanian crime gang

By MIKE CORDER
September 17, 2020

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — A meticulously coordinated police operation in 10 countries has smashed an ethnic Albanian-organized crime syndicate that smuggled cocaine from South America into Europe and led to the arrest of 20 suspects, the EU’s police agency announced Thursday.

The gang, known as Kompania Bello, was one of Europe’s most active cocaine-trafficking networks, according to Europol, which helped coordinate a series of raids by hundreds of police officers on Tuesday that led to the arrests in a five-year Italian-led investigation.

The gang is unusual in the massive international drug trade in that it controlled every aspect of the supply chain — from arranging drug shipments from South America to distributing it throughout Europe, said Jari Liukku, head of Europol’s European Serious and Organised Crime Centre.
https://apnews.com/article/netherlan...bcde5ea77477aa

Old November 14th, 2020 #33
Paul Anthony
Banned

Albanians have a huge gang/drug prensence in Switzerland. I've never understood it because Switzerland is not EU and very hard to migrate to?!

Old November 15th, 2020 #34
T.Garrett
Banned

jewsign money laundering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
Albanians have a huge gang/drug prensence in Switzerland. I've never understood it because Switzerland is not EU and very hard to migrate to?!
They keep some of the proceeds of their worldwide criminal enterprises in Swiss bank accounts, likely in the billions or maybe trillions of Euros ...there is a large Russian population in the larger Swiss cities as well.

Hey, serious question for you ...why does your spelling issue with English remind me of the one this Turk bastard short order cook had that worked in one of our NYC clubs before covid closed them ...you said you lived in the US for awhile, right? I've never encountered an English language spelling dysfunction like yours in a White American, the way you misspell words is very interesting to say the least paule ...

du ein kebab?

Old November 15th, 2020 #35
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Albanian author wins Israeli award, unruffled by Nobel

Ismail Kadare wins Jerusalem Prize, talks of country’s efforts to save Jews during Holocaust

By LAURENT LOZANO
11 February 2015, 2:14 am

AFP — He has been tipped many times as a winner of the Nobel literature prize but has never won it — and Albanian novelist Ismail Kadare isn’t bothered if he never does.

So often has his name been mentioned as a potential Nobel laureate that “many people think I’ve already won it”, the 79-year-old told AFP in an interview conducted in French in Jerusalem.
(...)
For Kadare, the concept of freedom is an intrinsic part of a writer’s work.

“That goes without saying. If you are a serious writer or just a normal one, in one way or another you are writing in the service of freedom. All writers know, understand or dream that their work will be in the service of freedom,” he told AFP.

But he refused to be drawn on the question of freedom as it relates to Palestinians living in the annexed eastern part of Jerusalem.

“I did not ask myself that question. I am a writer. I write literature,” he said.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/albani...fled-by-nobel/

Quote:
But he refused to be drawn on the question of freedom as it relates to Palestinians living in the annexed eastern part of Jerusalem.

“I did not ask myself that question. I am a writer. I write literature,” he said.
Spoken like a true jew-lackey. What an opportunistic, unprincipled piece of shit.

Old November 16th, 2020 #36
srbin1389

Last night I had a beautiful dream. We Serbs captured Kosovo and the whole Analbania once again and passed all skiptars through a great meat grinder.

Formerly brave skiptars were crying like little raped girls "aaaa help me", "bill clinton help me!" "save my tiny ass!" but no one helped. We also removed their internal organs and sold out, and those parts which wasn't sold got put into the meat grinder to get tasty cakes for american tourists.

Old November 16th, 2020 #37
Dominus

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbin1389 View Post
Last night I had a beautiful dream...
Listen up Shlomo, gtfo this thread and troll somewhere else!

Old November 16th, 2020 #38
srbin1389

Quote:
Listen up Shlomo, gtfo this thread and troll somewhere else!
Now you tell me how bad is to slice and to chop analbanians Seriously what is wrong with you? Skiptars are animals that must be wiped out from the Earth!

Old November 16th, 2020 #39
Johan
Banned

Quote:
Now you tell me how bad is to slice and to chop analbanians Seriously what is wrong with you? Skiptars are animals that must be wiped out from the Earth!
He made this thread to point out things.

What we can do with the scum does not apply to this, I also have my thoughts about that.

I think it would be better to make a contribution that broadens the understanding, attacking each other promotes nothing.

Old November 16th, 2020 #40
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
gtfo this thread and troll somewhere else!
Dominus is right, folks. I really don't want to hijack this important thread, but I think our lurkers deserve to know that Srbin1389 is a troll who pretends to be a clownish, low-IQ Serbian nationalist in order to make Serbs and their traditional Russian allies look like idiots.

At first his posts were (in my opinion) pretty harmless, and in some cases even entertaining, but eventually it became obvious that he was here to troll, like when he started a thread in which he stated that Russia's defense minister Sergey Shoygu is white and Aryan:

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Indeed Rusija needs such Aryan strongmen as national leaders.
Quote:
"Aryan"? I assume that you're trolling since Shoygu is half-Russian, half-Tuvan (i.e. Asian/Mongoloid).
Quote:
No, sorry. I wasn't acknowledged that a minister of defense of Russia might have some non-white blood, it's a bit of surprise for me. Anyway he looks mainly White and serves for the interests of the Aryan race, everything else can't be so important. I guess it's sort of troublesome to condemn anyone in Russia for having bit fewer than 99.9% of white genetics.
This is what Sergey Shoygu looks like:

No serious European nationalist would claim that such a person is "Aryan". And that's just one of many examples of how Srbin1389 is trying to drag down the forum.

Interestingly, Srbin1389 has the same posting style as Rasen, GoldfingerSRB and ProudMontenegrin who are also anti-Serbian and anti-Russian trolls/propagandists. I was 100 percent certain that one of these four posters would show up to derail this thread, I'm just surprised it took him so long to get here.

Thread