VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 18th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Simple Workout Programs

There are other threads for serious, heavy duty stuff. This is for lighter stuff. (I mean, post what you like, but I'm using this for simple, quick ideas.)

http://www.theminimalists.com/6minute/

There are links to various exercises you can do without weights.

It is most important, in doing exercises, to observe proper form. Otherwise you fail to reap the benefit and you can damage your body. Figure out how to do the thing correctly, then repeat it until it's burned into your muscle memory.

I have recounted before, how when I was in college I copied Herschel Walker, who claimed he didn't lift weights, only did pushups and other exercises. I worked myself up to 1500 a day. I'm not exaggerating. Unlike 90% of the world, I never lie about things like that. Never. I built up to where Walker claimed he was -
(as I recall). (Looking it up, he's still doing it.)*

I proved I could do it. But it was taking nearly two hours to do. And you dont really need triceps that are growing over your elbow joint. I'm not that heavy boned, and could never do 50 or 100 at a time the way some claim they can, I did all mine in sets of 20 or 25. Today, I do 200 in sets of twenty a couple times a week. That's all you need really, at least at my age. More important is just getting out and walking around, which is easy to do if you don't have a car, or you just like walking. Biking is good too.

The link above has a couple other exercises that look pretty good.

One exercise that is one of the best, if you have a car, is car pushing. Why is this great? Because it works your entire body at once - like a squat - but without the great danger involved in doing squats - because the motion is horizontal. Car pushing will exhaust you in very short order, and that's what you're looking for. No wasted time, give your whole body and heart-lung apparatus a good working out. Then just hop in and drive home! School parking lots are great place for car pushing.

* Hell, in video he says he did and does up to 5,000 a day! That is truly amazing. But pushups are easier for some people than others. He can probably rip off at least 50 at a time, whereas others like me cannot.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 18th, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

Tags
#1, exercise, workout

Thread