Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 28th, 2014 #1
ILM

Default What causes tooth decay?

I think we all here have been indoctrinated with the idea that you need to brush your teeth two times a day, to avoid sugar and sweets and visit the dentist on a regular basis.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I myself had quite a number of problems, my wisdom teeth always started a small war every year which caused my gums to swell and get inflamed, I had caries, enamel that was lost in places, my teeth was certainly not white and I was a good little boy and did what the dentist told to me. I avoided sweets, brushed my teeth like a motherfucker but my problems was never resolved.

Now my teeth are white, my enamel is back, my wisdom teeth have aligned and my gum never trouble me. And I never brush my teeth.

A dentist named Weston A Price traveled the world in the 20's and 30's to find out why some of the native populations of the world didn't experience the same teeth problems as the rest of the world experienced. His book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is well worth a read even though it's a bit outdated. He recommends avoiding sugar for example, which is just bs. Sugar doesn't cause tooth decay.

So what does the teeth needs then to be in a good shape? Weston mentions in his book a vitamin he calls the "x-factor", we call it vitamin k today. I have found that vitamin K, vitamin D and Vitamin A gives the best results. Ideally we could get this from good quality butter but sadly that is not an option today. Take these with some fat for best absortion.

Old August 30th, 2014 #2
Franco

Oregano tea, swished in the mouth 3 times per day for a couple of days, will stop cavities. The hole will remain, but the cavity will stop "growing." The oregano must be somewhat fresh, i.e., not 10 years old like many people have in their cupboards. Just take about 2 teaspoons of crushed oregano, and put it in a tea strainer, and steep it, like making tea, for a few minutes. Then swish it around in your mouth for 1 minute, and then spit it out. I've stopped many toothaches that way. But as I say, the hole will remain.

----------------------

Old September 2nd, 2014 #3
ILM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Oregano tea, swished in the mouth 3 times per day for a couple of days, will stop cavities. The hole will remain, but the cavity will stop "growing." The oregano must be somewhat fresh, i.e., not 10 years old like many people have in their cupboards. Just take about 2 teaspoons of crushed oregano, and put it in a tea strainer, and steep it, like making tea, for a few minutes. Then swish it around in your mouth for 1 minute, and then spit it out. I've stopped many toothaches that way. But as I say, the hole will remain.

----------------------
Yes, i've heard that oregano can be good against bacteria. Baking soda is also good to rinse with for a better dental health.

Old December 2nd, 2016 #4
Thaddeus Martell

Also check out the findings of Dr. Gerard F. Judd and inform yourself about xylitol. Xylitol is one of the very few healthy sugar replacements and stops caries almost completely.
Also get a good waterpick and put a few drops of good "biological" mouthwash into it. Desinfect waterpick ca. once per week with denture cleaner (like "corega tabs" or "kukident", at least thats how it is called in Europe). Check out the new ionic toothbrushes. Get a good biological mouthwash. Just a few tips from me :-)

Thread