Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 13th, 2013 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default The most RT'd tweet of 2013; shows you the priorities of the average person

Quote:
Lea Michele became the most retweeted star of 2013, with the tweet that broke her silence following the death of her boyfriend and Glee co-star, Cory Monteith.

When Lea posted a beautiful picture of herself with Cory, with the caption: 'Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart', it got retweeted a huge 408,266 times.

The 27-year-old actress appeared on Ellen this week, and spoke to the host about life after Cory.
Quote:
'I'm still trying to figure out all of this. It's been only a few months, but my mom has experienced a lot of loss in her life and she told me at one point she said there is an empowerment that comes with grief, at some point you find it.' she said.

News of Paul Walker's death from the actor's official Twitter account received more than 400,000 retweets, the second-highest this year.

The less sombre tweet from One Direction's Niall Horan on his 20th birthday received the third-highest number of retweets. It read: 'Yesss ! I'm 20 ! Wohooo ! No more teens!' Obviously, that must have resonated with the 350,000-plus people that retweeted it, although we're not entirely sure why.

However, none of these tweets reached the dizzying number of retweets that Barack Obama received last year, after he took to the social media site to simply say: 'Four more years'.

It remains the most retweeted tweet of all time.

Let's see if 2014 can beat it.
h t t p://w w w.instyle.co.uk/celebrity/news/why-lea-micheles-tweet-about-cory-monteith-nearly-broke-twitter?utm_campaign=leamicheletwitter

I was expecting the number one to be something to do with Mandela but to find the top three most retweeted tweets of 2013 are all celebrity related makes you realise where most people's heads are.

Old December 14th, 2013 #2
Martin Simard
Banned

I post from time to time on the forum section of actor pages on imdb and it never ceases to amaze me how people construct a substitute religion out of movie stars.

Old December 14th, 2013 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simard View Post
I post from time to time on the forum section of actor pages on imdb and it never ceases to amaze me how people construct a substitute religion out of movie stars.
It's astounding. I mean, I know there's the whole role model thing and the exchanging of wholesome role models for not-so-good role models but that's meant to happen when people are children. You don't need a role model when you're in your 20's or 30's or older. It's one thing liking a particular actor or actress but it's a whole different thing to wanting to be them "when you're grown up". You ARE grown up, damn it.

Old December 14th, 2013 #4
Crowe

I had to use google just now to find out wtf "glee" was. I don't watch TV very much. I'm glad I'm that disconnected from kwans.

Old December 14th, 2013 #5
Bardamu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
It's astounding. I mean, I know there's the whole role model thing and the exchanging of wholesome role models for not-so-good role models but that's meant to happen when people are children. You don't need a role model when you're in your 20's or 30's or older. It's one thing liking a particular actor or actress but it's a whole different thing to wanting to be them "when you're grown up". You ARE grown up, damn it.
It is not as though msm celebrities can serve as role models anyway considering they are rich and the people idolizing them are not.

As an aside, movie stars generally can be viewed as the ancient judeo wet-dream of golems finally realized. The images projected on the screens are not flesh and blood yet they appear so and are under the complete control of their jewish masters.

Last edited by Bardamu; December 14th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Old December 14th, 2013 #6
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardamu View Post
The images projected on the screens are not flesh and blood yet they appear so
I'd say the actors are pretty much created as well as the images or characters. You only have to look at how Mel Gibson was more or less destroyed. One minute the press was full of photos of him looking like - well - Mel Gibson the God: the family man with 7 or 8 children and all with the same long-term wife and then - post-Passion of the Christ and post "jews are responsible for all of the wars" comment - the papers were full of stories on how he'd cheated on his wife or been horrible to his girlfriend and so on and all accompanied by a photo of him looking like a scruffier version of Saddam Hussein.

Tags
twitter

Thread