Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 20th, 2013 #21
Bev
drinking tea

I love Twitter for when news stories break. You get the news first hand from people in the area and you get it raw and dirty with unstaged photographs, not censored and beribboned by the media. Unfortunately, due to several prosecutions in the UK of people using it to post things that black sports stars don't like, and high profile prosecutions against prominent people for hinting at celebrity paedophile identities, it's not a fully useful tool to those of us with no free speech.

Also

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/07/te...ter/index.html
Quote:
An effort by the Library of Congress to archive Twitter posts has amassed more than 170 billion tweets, which the library is now seeking to make available to researchers and other interested parties.

Created in 1800, the Library of Congress serves as the unofficial library of the United States, as well as being Congress' official research library.

In April 2010, the library signed an agreement with Twitter to gain access to all public tweets since the site's founding in 2006.

"Twitter is a new kind of collection for the Library of Congress but an important one to its mission," Gayle Osterberg, the library's director of communications, wrote in a blog post. "As society turns to social media as a primary method of communication and creative expression, social media is supplementing, and in some cases supplanting, letters, journals, serial publications and other sources routinely collected by research libraries."

Osterberg wrote that the library has completed digitally archiving all of the tweets it currently possesses and is now working on how to best make them available to the public. The library already has received about 400 requests from researchers all over the world looking into topics ranging from the rise of citizen journalism to tracking vaccination rates to predicting stock market activity.
Your tweets live on forever, which is not a problem to sensible people but how many of those are there around?

Old January 20th, 2013 #22
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna Wolf View Post
'retweet' sends the original tweet to your followers.

Also, you can set it up to tweet every thread started on VNN or on a specific forum.
Varg has something set up already for VNN on Twitter, I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Old January 20th, 2013 #23
Brenna Wolf
Banned

If you desire a wide audience you can always tweet with an added #inaug2013.

I checked my other more 'extreme' twitter, and even the Klan and 'Skinhead army' are still posting. I have never experienced banning problems.

https://twitter.com/following

Quote:
Varg has something set up already for VNN on Twitter, I'm not exactly sure how it works.
The 'share it' at the bottom is helpful too. I always liked the convenience of it.

Last edited by Brenna Wolf; January 20th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Old January 20th, 2013 #24
varg

http://twitter.com/vnnforum

Old January 20th, 2013 #25
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

I checked my other more 'extreme' twitter, and even the Klan and 'Skinhead army' are still posting. I have never experienced banning problems.

The 'share it' at the bottom is helpful too. I always liked the convenience of it.
how do you create hashtags and how do they work?

i want to perpetuate certain memes, for example

jewsasvictimslol

fightjewishhate

...that sort of thing.

Old January 20th, 2013 #26
varg

Throwing some stuff in the #opisrael hashtag might be good too.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...srael&src=typd

Old January 20th, 2013 #27
varg

You add the term with a # prefixing it in your message. When someone clicks that tag they'll see common tweets under that tag. Unless your hashtag gets a following of others using the same tag there's no point really in creating new ones.

Sometimes there's trending hashtags that lots of people are reading and writing to.

One good thing about twitter is there's a lot of news on twitter before the AP gets it.

Bev has posted a lot of stuff she followed on twitter and VNN got a high google rank because she reported on it before news sites.

Last edited by varg; January 20th, 2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: .

Old January 20th, 2013 #28
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
how do you create hashtags and how do they work?

i want to perpetuate certain memes, for example

jewsasvictimslol

fightjewishhate

...that sort of thing.
You create one by using it in a tweet. What makes it work in the system ( as a search means) is when others use the same thing. The whole idea was generated by Twitter users themselves.

You might consider scrolling through the VNNforum twitter 'followers' and 'following' and compile some hashtag(s) already popular from their tweets.

Then, compose your tweet with some of those hashtags, and include the ones you want to 'catch on.'

That way, your tweets will appear in searches of hashtags already in use, and your hashtag(s) will gain a following.

I know this is the least technical explanation ever, but that's how I would go about it. You got 900+ accounts to work with from the VNNforum twitter account already.

Your name itself could easily be a quick catch on, like the #whiterabbit and such.

Last edited by Brenna Wolf; January 20th, 2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I typed 'Titter! LOL

Old January 20th, 2013 #29
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
You create one by using it in a tweet. What makes it work in the system ( as a search means) is when others use the same thing. The whole idea was generated by Twitter users themselves.

You might consider scrolling through the VNNforum twitter 'followers' and 'following' and compile some hashtag(s) already popular from their tweets.

Then, compose your tweet with some of those hashtags, and include the ones you want to 'catch on.'

That way, your tweets will appear in searches of hashtags already in use, and your hashtag(s) will gain a following.

I know this is the least technical explanation ever, but that's how I would go about it. You got 900+ accounts to work with from the VNNforum twitter account already.

Your name itself could easily be a quick catch on, like the #whiterabbit and such.
excellent, thanks!

Old January 20th, 2013 #30
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Another idea that may accelerate things is for Varg to retweet all your tweets on the VNN twitter account.

*sorry brainstorming here* LOL

Also, don't forget the hashtags!!!!

#jewsasvictimslol

#fightjewishhate

Old January 20th, 2013 #31
varg

Quote:
Nah we only have 506 followers.

The 423 people I'm following are the same people who are following VNNForum. I just follow them back to be nice.

Alex, one thing that does happen is you get spam bots that follow you and try to get you to follow them back. Usually it's someone using a pretty girls avatar and trying to lower your interest rates. Do not be fooled like the rest of us.

Oh and NEVER click on any link people direct message you. There's a common password phishing scheme where they'll direct message you "Hey I can't believe what they said about you here <link>" and it's a fake twitter login page used to phish passwords. There are link shortening services to save space on your letter limit, so often times it's hard to know where links lead. You'll see like http://j.mp/SDglsdg and it can redirect you to http://someviruswebpage.com/virusypage

Old January 20th, 2013 #32
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Nah we only have 506 followers.

The 423 people I'm following are the same people who are following VNNForum. I just follow them back to be nice.

Alex, one thing that does happen is you get spam bots that follow you and try to get you to follow them back. Usually it's someone using a pretty girls avatar and trying to lower your interest rates. Do not be fooled like the rest of us.

Oh and NEVER click on any link people direct message you. There's a common password phishing scheme where they'll direct message you "Hey I can't believe what they said about you here <link>" and it's a fake twitter login page used to phish passwords. There are link shortening services to save space on your letter limit, so often times it's hard to know where links lead. You'll see like http://j.mp/SDglsdg and it can redirect you to http://someviruswebpage.com/virusypage
You aren't following me. :P

One of the nicer things about Twitter is you can block followers if you want. (hide your tweets)

Some Rabbi guy follows everyone who breaks wind about the Folk. He 'follows' a huge number of WNs. I blocked him from following me just to be a bitch, and not something most would use. Still nice to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Uh oh. This is so perfectly in line with how I do things I am in danger of turning into the rat that tapped the coke bar until it forgot to eat and died.
Linder on Twitter = Linder on steroids.

Last edited by Brenna Wolf; January 20th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.

Old January 20th, 2013 #33
Bev
drinking tea

You can also nefariously hijack tags for your own use. On the left of the Twitter page, you should see a list of top ten hashtags - these indicate the current most popular topics on Twitter. People usually click on a tag and sit and watch the conversation, so for instance, tomorrow, when words such as #Obama and #inauguration are likely to be trending, you can add one of those to a random, unrelated tweet and it will be seen by millions.

Old January 20th, 2013 #34
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
You can also nefariously hijack tags for your own use. On the left of the Twitter page, you should see a list of top ten hashtags - these indicate the current most popular topics on Twitter. People usually click on a tag and sit and watch the conversation, so for instance, tomorrow, when words such as #Obama and #inauguration are likely to be trending, you can add one of those to a random, unrelated tweet and it will be seen by millions.
Why Bev. Nefarious? Am I to take that personally?

Quote:

Old January 20th, 2013 #35
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Why Bev. Nefarious? Am I to take that personally?
Nefariousness is an admirable quality.

Do you know, I read your #inaug2013 tag and I didn't realise what it meant. I translated it as "in August 2013". So yeah - what you said!

Old January 20th, 2013 #36
Solskeniskyn

Great. Twitter seems like a medium practically made for Alex's one sentence wit. I could see some classic Linderisms shaking up the twittersphere gaining exponentially with the "re-tweet"-factor.

Old January 20th, 2013 #37
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Great. Twitter seems like a medium practically made for Alex's one sentence wit. I could see some classic Linderisms shaking up the twittersphere gaining exponentially with the "re-tweet"-factor.
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t...ight=linderism

Old January 20th, 2013 #38
Solskeniskyn

Regarding twitter policies in practice, it would be interesting to know: Is anyone here following any twitter-users who regularly puts out explicitly racial stuff? Just to get a glimpse on where the bar is set.

And any examples of WN/"racist"/ethno-nationalist-tweeters out there with a big following?

Old January 20th, 2013 #39
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Regarding twitter policies in practice, it would be interesting to know: Is anyone here following any twitter-users who regularly puts out explicitly racial stuff? Just to get a glimpse on where the bar is set.

And any examples of WN/"racist"/ethno-nationalist-tweeters out there with a big following?
Is this link viewable to you? Its a list of those I follow on this particular account.

https://twitter.com/brennamarie14 <----- *edited* my Twit.

The Klan and skinheads. That is a decent indicator of what is allowed on Twitter.

In fact, if you care to look through my tweeting history you will see where I confronted the black cunt who videoed the Emma West incident.

That bitch originally uploaded to YT and then 'tweeted' the link which resulted in the entire episode being broadcasted/retweeted/ripple pond effect, the YT link that rocked the WN world for weeks.

That is the power of Twitter my friend. Do not underestimate it. (This warning to all, not you personally)

Last edited by Brenna Wolf; January 20th, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: edited to pot my Twit

Old January 20th, 2013 #40
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Is this link viewable to you? Its a list of those I follow on this particular account.

The Klan and skinheads. That is a decent indicator of what is allowed on Twitter.

In fact, if you care to look through my tweeting history you will see where I confronted the black cunt who videoed the Emma West incident.

That bitch originally uploaded to YT and then 'tweeted' the link which resulted in the entire episode being broadcasted, the link that rocked the WN world for weeks.

That is the power of Twitter my friend. Do not underestimate it. (This warning to all, not you personally)

No, that appears to be tied to each specific account. That just brought me to the list of users I'm currently folowing. (A meager list of one (as of yet) .)

But, yes, that does indeed sound encouraging. I've also noticed that people seems to be following eachother around on pretty loose ground without having to at all agree or endorse the person in any way. (Which is good for the whites that might potentially find Alex's stuff spot on and hunger for more, but are afraid to be publicly associated with them.)

Tags
twitter

Thread