VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 1st, 2013 #1
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Default I'm watching Avatar - Gods help me

A friend lent me a DVD of Avatar. I'm watching it now...about an hour an a half in. It is without doubt the most boring experience I've ever had in my life. I've always had a strange stubborn compulsion to finish what I start, so I will take a break, gird my loins, and go back to the movie.

I would welcome an appendicitis attack. I'd rather watch Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure. Maybe the world will end before I go back to the movie. Maybe I will die. Hope springs eternal.

Mike

Old June 1st, 2013 #2
MikeQuigley
Banned

Aw it's not that bad, the problem is that it's more propaganda, race mixing, wiping out the blue injuns, you know, the bad bad white people. Other than that it's mildly amusing.

Old June 1st, 2013 #3
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
Nothing overrides the self-preservation instinct in white americans like a cartoon about space niggers.
Well said!

Old June 1st, 2013 #4
Dakota Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Wagahuski View Post
Nothing overrides the self-preservation instinct in white americans like a cartoon about space niggers.
Now THAT is fucking funny. Made me laugh my ass off. Needed a good laugh had a shitty day.

Old June 1st, 2013 #5
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQuigley View Post
Aw it's not that bad, the problem is that it's more propaganda, race mixing, wiping out the blue injuns, you know, the bad bad white people. Other than that it's mildly amusing.

Old June 2nd, 2013 #6
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Compared to Avatar, The Smurfs is a sophisticated and adult drama. Avatar, which I did manage to finish watching last evening, was childish, predictable, and boring. It was exactly a Saturday morning cartoon, and well toward the bottom of Saturday morning cartoons.

Avatar uses a technique, that to be fair, has been used in movies at least since The Birds (1963,) not too bad a movie. It is this: to push the action in the needed direction, an actor, usually the lead, has to act like a near-retarded, undisciplined fool. In The Birds, the lead woman character, played by Tippi Hedren, moved about slowly with a blank expression, forgetting to shut doors and windows, as if she were in no danger. This kept her in constant danger, the point of the movie.

Avatar used this in almost every scene. Jake, supposedly a combat hardened, force-recon marine, wandered about, ignoring his orders, goofy, touching everything, paying no attention to his task...in short, acting like a three year old. And this just went on and on, scene after scene.

The movie also took its little message...niggers good, injuns good (whatever,) white folks bad...and hit you over the head with it, over, and over, and fucking over. Most of the scenes were just this repeated. Then some action at the end. No drama, no doubt, just scenes borrowed mostly from cowboy-indian movies, every scene pretty much like the last.

A childish, repetitive, predictable, and painfully boring cartoon. Oh yeah! the visual effects were not too bad, in fact they were damn good. Even that only took about three minutes to become boring.

Mike

Last edited by Mike in Denver; June 2nd, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Old June 2nd, 2013 #7
Cassinelli
Fino all'ultimo

Shitty movie. 'Nuff said.

Old November 8th, 2018 #8
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Default Valerian

I just gave up trying to watch, "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets." I made it about 35 minutes in. It makes Avatar look good. "Plan 9 from Outer Space was a well put together work of art compared to Valerian.

Garbage, Saturday morning cartoon, and the worst of.

It is a free watch for Amazon prime.

Mike

Old November 9th, 2018 #9
Ray Allan

I have not seen Avatar, nor do I plan to. I hope the recently-discovered planet orbiting Proxima Centauri is not inhabited by a bunch of blue niggers (not to be confused with the badge-wearing kind here on Earth).

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 6th, 2019 #10
Adolf Goldbergstein
Banned

Earth soldiers are evil American ones controlled by George W. Bush. The valuable substance is oil. The majestic innocent alien creatures are Muslim middle easterns. Also filled with mother Earth global warming environmental propaganda.

So white guys should hate their selves, kill other white guys, then actually become a sand nigger and marry one.

Thread