Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 29th, 2013 #21
M.N. Dalvez

Jean - people often won't thumb you up if they think you've made a good point or whatever. They'll quietly read it, think about it, see how it affects them ...

Stop being so worried about people's apparent bad opinion. If something you say or write has merit, it will reach people, even if you don't know about it because they never 'thumbed you up' for it, or whatever.

(I get most of my thumbs-up for my spiteful and somewhat frivolous posts here, not for what I consider to be my good posts. That is what it is; not especially significant in any way.)

Old July 29th, 2013 #22
Rick Ronsavelle

Default gib don't jibe

jib1
n
1. (Transport / Nautical Terms) Nautical any triangular sail set forward of the foremast of a vessel
cut of someone's jib someone's manner, behaviour, style, etc.
3. Obsolete
a. the lower lip, usually when it protrudes forwards in a grimace
b. the face or nose
[of unknown origin]

Old July 29th, 2013 #23
varg

Unless he didn't like the cut of Greg's giblets last Thanksgiving. Probably some inside joke we weren't aware of and it just looks like a spelling mistake to us. Right?

Old July 29th, 2013 #24
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Unless he didn't like the cut of Greg's giblets last Thanksgiving. Probably some inside joke we weren't aware of and it just looks like a spelling mistake to us. Right?
Nope, no joke, just got in wrong in the heat of type. Thanks, Rick. For not posting a dumb video. Oh yeah. And for the correction.

Old July 29th, 2013 #25
Jimmy Marr

Typical sloppiness of a gournalism graduate.

Old July 30th, 2013 #26
Jean West

In response to Alex Linder's #20:

Jean: My own opinion is that the quality of this article far surpasses the quality of anything that's appeared in this week's two very popular "anti-feminist" threads: loads of thumbs up for the crudest contributors; my thumb box has been filled with red for days.

Alex: Apples and oranges.

Jean: Avoids the point, quality vs. crap.

Alex: Jean wrote, "Arguments Against Feminism and Immaturity: 30-year old woman both provided opportunity for hateful, juvenile anti-female scum-talk to be vented with no limits. Tintin especially enjoyed the second of the two; he contributed a dozen foul-mouthed remarks not worth anyone's while to read."

On the other hand, those posts did contain 62% of recommended daily allowance of riboflavin, so, if nothing else...

Jean: Avoids the point, Tintin's concern is with crap threads, not with the Fichte thread.

Alex: Jean wrote "I think that had more to do with his criticizing my posting this article here than concern that it did not contribute to visitors' understanding of Fichte. If that was his concern, then why has he only contributed one post of his own to this Fichte thread? In fact, unless I didn't look hard enough, I see at most only one other post from Tintin in the whole Politics & Philosophy forum."

You need to embrace the spirit here. Just do your thing.

Jean: Avoids the point, Tintin's drippy criticism was disingenuous.

Alex: If people bug you, kick the snot out of them. You're capable. Stop double clutching. Jesus, worrying about whether you posted in the wrong area. Quit doubting yourself and TRUST YOURSELF. You have the brains and ability. Quit quibbling and being paranoid.

Jean: Again avoids the issue, adding presumptuous analysis. I have no interest in kicking anything out of anyone. I don't doubt myself and I trust myself completely; I'm well aware of my brains and ability; I'm surprised you haven't noticed. As for trusting others in a group situation, that's a different story. I haven't quibbled, and though you (despiser of psychobabble) like to think I'm paranoid, I'm not; I'm just conscious of group dynamics (I shudder just to think of it).

Alex: "VNN often resembles a bar fight in an old western. That's part of the fun of it. It's a way that works pretty well, at least for the kind of people we have here."

Jean: I'm not interested in bar fights; I’m interested in informative and entertaining writings, insights and ideas--hopefully exchanging them with like-minded parties. What you euphemistically call vnn "fun" is mostly personal derision followed by back-slapping approval by fellow deriders. A large part of the "fun" is aimed at demeaning women; that's always good for a few hours of worthless puking and defecating among the fun-lovers at vnn.

Alex: Jean wrote, "I'm sorry that this ugly Linder-Johnson exchange happened."

No, you're not. You got exactly what you wanted. And I enjoyed the fuck out of it! A chance to blast Brown Johnson! Christ, why do you think I became a writer in the first place? To attack people who need it, whether they're wrong, stupid, or I just don't like the cut of their jib. Own your malevolence! Because you do have some. KEEP posting good stuff you find at CC or even OD. You're one of few doing that now, so it's a good niche. I will respond almost every time, because until Johnson comes clean, he needs to keep getting a boot up his ass.

Jean: You have this completely wrong. I'm not vindictive, like you; I have no malevolence, except for Jews and their enablers. Bloodletting–let’s call it cock-fighting--does not excite me; it repulses me. I am not the slightest bit interested in getting Johnson to "come clean." That's his own business. I have written several times that the specifically homosexual agenda, in direct opposition to White values, that is embedded in C-C by way of James O'Meara, who is adamantly supported and promoted by Greg, makes otherwise eloquently White Nationalist Greg a man who is facing in two directions. Whereas you see Greg as someone to be reviled, I see him as an outstanding thinker and writer who I would have liked to continue supporting, but couldn't.

Alex: Don't be like some little kid throwing a scorpion in with a spider and then saying, Oh gee, it's looks like they're gonna fight. This is terrible!

Jean: I had only one thing in mind when I posted my admittedly silly post asking if my post was in the wrong place; believe me, I felt silly posting it. I knew that Tintin was just taking a jab at me because he knew he had back-up, following the Immaturity: 30-year old thread, even from Bev. (Like the stock weak-spined blowhard characters in those old Westerns.) What I thought would happen is that you or a moderator would simply say "it's fine here" and Tintin's stupid little jab would fizzle - oh, shucks.

But my little bit of subterfuge backfired, because you, Alex, were so blinded by your focus on Greg that you thought the ant that I threw in was a scorpion.

Alex: The best way is to fight hard, say what you have to say, and then move on. Let your opponent have the last word. Cuz he needs it.

Jean: I didn't know that I was going to have to "fight hard" at VNN, and I didn't know that fellow posters would be my "opponents." I came here to oppose and fight Jews and other enemies of the White history, culture, and race.

Using my posting as an excuse to “enjoy the fuck out of” attacking Greg, you also exercised your writing talent by referring to me as a quivering “little kid”. You'll have made some of your regulars happy by undermining me, and I suppose that's a good thing; as you said, this bar fight model “works pretty well, at least for the kind of people we have here."

People have snidely accused me of “thin skin” and “quibbling” about the thumbs system because I "feel I'm not getting more attention.” They’re mistaken.

What’s involved with the very active thumb system utilized here is that it feeds a personality-driven environment, instead of a content- or quality-driven environment. Just as the Johnson situation is, for me, not based on Greg personally, but on process - so, too, the anonymous little red and green checks of the thumb system are of no interest to me. I criticize them for the part they play in what is for me a far too personal environment.

Just as the Immaturity thread emboldened Tintin to take his jab, your comments in this thread emboldened Dalvez to inject his two derogatory comments above. Important? No. Desirable? No. Necessary? Only for people who have nothing more worthwhile to say and know they can get away with dropping crap on someone's head instead.

Old July 30th, 2013 #27
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
Just as the Immaturity thread emboldened Tintin to take his jab, your comments in this thread emboldened Dalvez to inject his two derogatory comments above. Important? No. Desirable? No. Necessary? Only for people who have nothing more worthwhile to say and know they can get away with dropping crap on someone's head instead.
You concentrate on the crap (including, I will concede, many of my posts in the last few days) here and ignore the mass of excellent news and analysis.

I guess when you've already made up your mind, you'll absorb what supports your view and ignore the rest, right? 100% confirmation bias if ever I saw it. Anyone who thinks I'm 'anti-female' because of my justifiable venom aimed at that lying, role-playing, lesbian Vogon pig Brenna Wolf definitely is either not paying attention, or (again) believing what they want to believe, not what is actually so. I notice you make no comment whatever about her disgusting comments: re my son; I suppose that's alright? Women are not to be held accountable for what they say, because hey, they're women?!?

My second comment was not derogatory in the slightest. Did you even read it? I was simply saying that if you write or say something good, it will reach people even if they don't give you the approval that you apparently need yet claim you don't (and I make no apology for saying so). Do you really think people disagree with your views because they want to 'undermine' you? Do you fool yourself that you personally are that important?

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; July 30th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thread