Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 24th, 2011 #1
8Man
"moderate" radical

Default HF's Gary Schipper in the news (and hospital)

.. news item by jew reporter who meets up with Gary Shipper at the hospital.

Quote:
He then began telling dirty jokes in a loud voice and I fled the room, along with a short, middle-aged friendly-seeming fellow named Gary who’d broken a bone in his hand.
The two of us sat down in a pair of chairs near the nurse’s station. By now, it was 4am, and I felt like dozing off. But Gary was chatty. He was concerned that his busted hand might compromise his career as an R&B guitarist.
I inquired about his experiences in the music industry, and he ticked off a list of Toronto bars where he’d played. The places whose names I recognized were all dives — the sort of bars that pay you with free drinks — and so I asked him if he had a day job.
“Well, I do house painting,” he added. “Also, I’m into the white supremacist stuff.”
He added this latter detail absent-mindedly, as if he were describing a part-time pet-grooming service, or an eBay store where he sold houses made of Popsicle sticks.
It emerged that the “Gary” I was talking to was Gary Schipper, a prominent member of the Canadian neo-Nazi Heritage Front back in the early 1990s. In those days, this fellow was quite literally the voice of Canadian racism: He personally narrated the daily outgoing message on the Heritage Front’s telephone hotline (this being the way that bigots social networked with one another in the days before the internet). In the process, he earned at least one criminal conviction on contempt charges.
Schipper explained to me that his career as an anti-Semite originated in the fact that he was an ethnic gentile who’d been adopted by a Jewish family when he was just 6 weeks old. “I didn’t look Jewish, you know?” he said, pausing so I could assure him on this apparently important point. “I just didn’t fit in.”
“There’s only one Jew who was ever gassed to death,” he went on. “That was Caryl Chessman — the rapist guy who went to the California gas chamber in 1960. The Auschwitz stuff is all BS.”
Throughout all this, Gary never stopped smiling. His only sour note came when he lamented the fact that Ezra Levant was getting all the attention for bucking the human-rights censorship system, something he’d been doing for years.
If I were a truly righteous Jew, I would have let the little bigot have it, broken hand and all. But at 4am, it wasn’t in me. The whole scene was just too surreal for an impromptu Holocaust-awareness lecture.
There are no real walls in the triage area: To the extent anyone receives treatment, it is behind a curtain, not a door. As Gary finally slept, I could hear the drunk from earlier on, now snoring it off next door.
.. more at: My educational night at the ER with weirdos, pill-poppers and a musical holocaust denier

Thread