Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 6th, 2022 #1
alex revision

Default What does Prime Minister Liz Truss mean for the UK's Jews?

What does Prime Minister Liz Truss mean for the UK's Jews?

The incoming Tory leader has a promising track record on issues close to British Jewry

Liz Truss and the Jews

Speaking last month to the JC, she revealed her long-standing friendships in Leeds, where she grew up. “I had lots of Jewish friends at school. One of my close friends eventually moved to Tel Aviv, actually. I saw him quite recently when I was on an official visit – I met up with him and he’s now a patent agent in Tel Aviv.”

She also recalled how her boss at Shell was an Orthodox Jew, calling him “the best boss I ever had and a very big influence on me. I remember that at work it was great during the winter because he would leave early for Shabbat every Friday. In the summer he was there until much later. That was one of my first experiences seeing how Jewish life could be incorporated into corporate life and it really impressed me how proud he was of his religion.”

https://www.thejc.com/news/politics/...kLJGCHmBhp9N3F

Old September 23rd, 2022 #2
alex revision

Prime Minister and Chancellor show support for Holocaust Educational Trust as dinner raises over £1 million

Liz Truss writes in the dinner brochure. Kwasi Kwarteng tells the 700 guests he could not think of a 'worthier cause' to champion

Liz Truss showed her support for the work of the Holocaust Educational Trust with a message to its dinner on Tuesday, at which Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng was the keynote speaker and more than £1 million was raised.

Writing in the dinner brochure, the Prime Minister said she would never forget her visit to Yad Vashem and had been “privileged” to meet Shoah survivors.

“These terrible events cannot fade into the past. We must always remember. That is why educating people is vital so that every generation knows the cost to humanity of these hateful and heinous crimes.

https://www.thejc.com/news/community...U4rmXnjEq3Q5XS

Thread