VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 18th, 2018 #1
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default Classical Music Used to Be an Escape from Multiculturalism

When I listen to a classical music radio station, I don't want to hear about African or African-American anything. Classical music is one hundred percent pure unadulterated European culture. That is why I listen to it.

But now classical music radio stations run plugs for Martin Lucifer King's birthday, Black History Month, have commercials with rap muzik, and now, this:

Classical KUSC-FM - Ludwig Göransson Went to Africa to Find Black Panther’s Score

That really disgusts me.

Old February 18th, 2018 #2
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
When I listen to a classical music radio station, I don't want to hear about African or African-American anything. Classical music is one hundred percent pure unadulterated European culture. That is why I listen to it.

But now classical music radio stations run plugs for Martin Lucifer King's birthday, Black History Month, have commercials with rap muzik, and now, this:

Classical KUSC-FM - Ludwig Göransson Went to Africa to Find Black Panther’s Score

That really disgusts me.
Me too, it's bad enough most major cities have but one classical music station, maybe two, but when they spend hours of airtime telling lies and playing crud it's really infuriating.

If I want to hear the 'click and clack' race, they are on every other station, literally.

And no, the race that brought us 'click and clack' language and no written words did not give us Classical music. The rain stick and drumming are what they give when left to their own devices. When elevated by Whites they did create the banjo.

"Carmina Burana", "The Swan", "Claire De Lune".....no, niggers don't do that sort of thing.

They wuz kangs.....of clicking and clacking.

Old February 19th, 2018 #3
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Me too, it's bad enough most major cities have but one classical music station, maybe two, but when they spend hours of airtime telling lies and playing crud it's really infuriating.

If I want to hear the 'click and clack' race, they are on every other station, literally.

And no, the race that brought us 'click and clack' language and no written words did not give us Classical music. The rain stick and drumming are what they give when left to their own devices. When elevated by Whites they did create the banjo.

"Carmina Burana", "The Swan", "Claire De Lune".....no, niggers don't do that sort of thing.

They wuz kangs.....of clicking and clacking.
"Carmina Burana!!!!!" I always knew you were a woman apart from some others!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard "Overture: 1812" with a chorus singing the Russian folk songs and the "Hymn to the Czar" that ends the work? It's worth it!!!!

Liszt's "Les Preludes" is another fave of mine. And, "The Girl With Flaxen Hair" by Debussy is a fine compliment to "Claire De Lune."

Try also, "Der Erlkonig (The Erlking)," poem by Goethe, music by Schubert for a wild experience.

And don't miss "Scheherazade," a four movement symphonic tone suite by Rimsky-Korsakov. These are only a few of the scores of classics that are, in my book, not to be missed.

14/88

Erik

Last edited by Erik T. White; February 19th, 2018 at 02:39 AM. Reason: more info

Old February 19th, 2018 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post

Have you ever heard "Overture: 1812" with a chorus singing the Russian folk songs and the "Hymn to the Czar" that ends the work? It's worth it!!!!
No, I'd not heard it. Here is the opening to Tchiakovsky's 1812 Overture, has English translation:

Quote:
Liszt's "Les Preludes" is another fave of mine. And, "The Girl With Flaxen Hair" by Debussy is a fine compliment to "Claire De Lune."

Try also, "Der Erlkonig (The Erlking)," poem by Goethe, music by Schubert for a wild experience.

And don't miss "Scheherazade," a four movement symphonic tone suite by Rimsky-Korsakov. These are only a few of the scores of classics that are, in my book, not to be missed.

14/88

Erik
All good, 'Scheherazade' is interesting because it is a story from Iran before the Islamic invasion. From 'One thousand and one nights'. Some will say it is Arabic in origin, but it could be argued it's pre-Islamic Sassanian Persian.

Here is a throwback to when figure skating was White, they skated to White music and had to have clean lines and were trained in ballet off the ice.

Angela Nikodinov skating to one of my favorites, 'Cinderella' by Prokofiev.

Stravinsky's 'Firebird' also a favorite. So many people have skated to that and Bizet's 'Carmen' that it became redundant, but Prokofiev they haven't used enough IMO. His Romeo and Juliet is my favorite, too, over Tchiakovsky's. It's more melodramatic.

Old February 20th, 2018 #5
Michael Jeffrey

That's how it is here as well. The classical music radio station is affiliated with NPR, so naturally you hear very liberal news segments in between musical pieces. It's so bad that I choose not to listen to that station. I have tons of classical music compact discs in my car. Most of them I had bought quite cheap at Goodwill and thrift shops. Sometimes at work I will plug my phone into the auxiliary of my radio and play some classical music through Jewtube.

Old February 20th, 2018 #6
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

I have CD's, too, but there's something about having an announcer select and talk about the music that you don't get with CD's. You learn a lot of interesting things about the music and the composers, you get to listen to a larger selection of music than your private collection, unless your private collection is huge, you don't have to shuffle through your CD's to decide what to play, and you get to be surprised by a favorite work you haven't heard in a while.

There are no Classical FM stations in range of my car antenna, and the last Classical AM station that I could pick up in my car changed format a while ago, so, for twelve dollars a month I can listen to satellite radio in my car, Channel 76 Symphony Hall and Channel 75 Met Opera Radio. Since the stations are by paid subscription, it is only music and relevant commentary, no extraneous liberal propaganda. One of the hosts is Jewish and a Hollowhoax supplier, but he never talks about that on the air. There is occasionally a promotion for another satellite station, like the new Beatles channel, but that's about it.

Okay, I spoke too soon. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page for Symphony Hall, it shows a couple of photos of Black musicians. But I don't have to look at that in my car.

Old February 20th, 2018 #7
L. Edwards
Migrant White worker

Default Prokofiev - Romeo And Juliet - Montagues And Capulets

This is one of my favorite classics too. I first heard this on symphony on a TV program in high school, "the World at War, I think... They played this orchestra piece as an theme song for the above while showing a battle ship ponderously plowing through these huge waves in an ice storm. I always associated the music with something to do with some epic ocean odyssey or war. I never knew the origins till now. Now that I know the title, Romeo And Juliet - Montagues And Capulets" it still makes me think of ship caught in a tempest. Love this music though.....

Old February 21st, 2018 #8
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Edwards View Post
This is one of my favorite classics too. I first heard this on symphony on a TV program in high school, "the World at War, I think... They played this orchestra piece as an theme song for the above while showing a battle ship ponderously plowing through these huge waves in an ice storm. I always associated the music with something to do with some epic ocean odyssey or war. I never knew the origins till now. Now that I know the title, Romeo And Juliet - Montagues And Capulets" it still makes me think of ship caught in a tempest. Love this music though.....
Yeah, it fits. The two warring families create a situation where the two lovers never have peace, like the raging sea.

"Bolero", another song people should hear, from Maurice Ravel. Although repetitive, it builds. Music used to have 'layers', rather than such simple mindedness.

People either love or hate this, lol.

Old February 21st, 2018 #9
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Yes, there is a purpose to that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Bijeliti View Post
I have CD's, too, but there's something about having an announcer select and talk about the music that you don't get with CD's. You learn a lot of interesting things about the music and the composers, you get to listen to a larger selection of music than your private collection, unless your private collection is huge, you don't have to shuffle through your CD's to decide what to play, and you get to be surprised by a favorite work you haven't heard in a while.

There are no Classical FM stations in range of my car antenna, and the last Classical AM station that I could pick up in my car changed format a while ago, so, for twelve dollars a month I can listen to satellite radio in my car, Channel 76 Symphony Hall and Channel 75 Met Opera Radio. Since the stations are by paid subscription, it is only music and relevant commentary, no extraneous liberal propaganda. One of the hosts is Jewish and a Hollowhoax supplier, but he never talks about that on the air. There is occasionally a promotion for another satellite station, like the new Beatles channel, but that's about it.

Okay, I spoke too soon. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page for Symphony Hall, it shows a couple of photos of Black musicians. But I don't have to look at that in my car.
Aside from what I put in bold, which is all true, they also take away the sense of community that comes when people are all doing something at the same time.

Now that people select and stream their own media, it's both good and bad: you can stay away from the crap you hate, but you also lose that sense of community, when all were watching or listening to something. Sense of unity gone.

Now that people are either going to 'ghetto' it up or go their own way, you don't have that unless people start creating it again, via smaller media outlets--they will try and control any that become big. Sirius or Clear Channel radio are like NBC or CBS, all have a pre-approved 'format' and anything popular is taken over by the giants or it disappears. That's something in media that needs to change.

Old February 21st, 2018 #10
Gladiatrix

Quote:
"Carmina Burana!!!!!" I always knew you were a woman apart from some others!!!!!!!!!

Erik

Old February 21st, 2018 #11
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
Aside from what I put in bold, which is all true, they also take away the sense of community that comes when people are all doing something at the same time.

Now that people select and stream their own media, it's both good and bad: you can stay away from the crap you hate, but you also lose that sense of community, when all were watching or listening to something. Sense of unity gone.

Now that people are either going to 'ghetto' it up or go their own way, you don't have that unless people start creating it again, via smaller media outlets--they will try and control any that become big. Sirius or Clear Channel radio are like NBC or CBS, all have a pre-approved 'format' and anything popular is taken over by the giants or it disappears. That's something in media that needs to change.
Another problem with consolidation of local radio stations is that everything local is either scrubbed or faked. For example, the announcer for a "local" radio station may be in a studio hundreds or thousands of miles away, reading from a script about some local events that he knows nothing about. When there is some emergency, and people tune in to get information, they only hear the host saying, "hey check out this event tonight, it's really great," when, in fact, a snowstorm or tornado has resulted in everything's being closed, but the host is totally clueless. It's all faked.

Old February 21st, 2018 #12
steven clark

Default Classical Music Used to be an Escape from Multiculturalism

I listen to tons of classical, and am really into baroque (now called 'early' music). I especially love Telemann. His trumpet concerto for three trumpets is a great way to start the day, but he has a lot of texture and variety, but is always optimistic. I just wrote a play about him.

I really detest Bolero. Maybe it's because it was used as a theme in a Dudley Moore movie years ago, but I have to switch the dial when it comes on. It seems the French composers have a thing for Spanish music. I don't.

I'm not much into Carmina Burana. Sounds like a lot of shouting.
As for modern composers, I do like Holst. He wrote a lot more then The Planets, and if you want to cheer up, listen to his suite 2 for wind band.

Also, the 1812 Overture sounds great with the choral parts. I wouldn't translate it. I always see the piece as a tone painting of War and Peace.

As for stations, we have a local station, and they play a lot of the same stuff over and over and over. Brahms, Shostakovitch, Sibelius...really, the same fucking pieces day after day...you can almost set your clock by them. They used to be part of the Lutheran church here, but the church sold the air time to a Christian Rock (ugh!) station to make more moola, and they kept the music library. So, the new station is slowly building what they've got.

They also, like most classical stations, do a lot of jazz, which I don't like. I think it's overrated, but jazz is kind of the official national music.
They also have the public events stuff, which is three thousand percent liberal, but the music is pretty good and they keep to it. It's also nice having announcers who are free from all that breathless American buy! get! sell!

when I lived in Boston, they had three classical stations. In Columbia, a nearby college town, the NPR station mixed classical in, and it was endurable.

As for our symphony, with a new director, they put in more 'new' music, which is usually bad. They also have more themes for black music, such as it is, and now do 'movie nights', where the orchestra plays to a film, be it Hitchcock or Star Wars...and they LOVE John Williams and his overblown Star Wars gloop.

There is an attempt to placate blacks, but they don't care about classical, and there's no audience. Same with Muslims. The Orientals, though, are a steady audience and have performers, as well as composers.

The big problem with classical is they audience is older. There are tons of young performers, but people who attend are geriatric. We used to have classical as part of our pop culture, but no more. Now, it's all rap or, when you want to be profound, jazz.

Old February 21st, 2018 #13
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

I love Bolero, but I've never seen the Dudley Moore movie. The composer himself thought the composition was overrated.

The local orchestra where I live puts on an excellent Christmas concert every year, but last year they announced it would be a Christmas and Hanukah concert, so we went to the Christmas concert in a nearby city. Even in that concert, they sneaked in one Hanukah song. It sounded exactly like the Jewish wedding/bar mitzvah song. You just can't get away from this stuff.

The local ballet took on a prominent Black male dancer a few years ago, at which point we stopped going. The last time we went, at the end of the performance I would conspicuously not applaud when the Black dancer took his curtain calls, while the woman setting next to me applauded extra loud for the Black dancer.

Old February 21st, 2018 #14
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Haha, yes, Bolero is a love it or hate it song.

It can divide the room just like the racisms.

Old February 21st, 2018 #15
Ray Allan

'Bolero' was indeed used in the movie 10 with Dudley Moore. What happened to Bo Derek? Never saw her in any other movie. She's about 60 years old now.

I also like Gustav Holst's 'The Planets.' Probably because I'm a space geek and a medley of all the pieces from it was used in The Right Stuff, along with Debussy's 'Clair de Lune.'

Many radio stations today are automated and/or broadcast from a distant location, not a local one. My brother used to work as a DJ years ago and was put out of a job due to it. I agree the niggerfication of classical music is disgusting. I just listen to it on my own tapes and compact discs and don't bother with radio.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Last edited by Ray Allan; February 21st, 2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: forgot to add "old"

Old February 21st, 2018 #16
steven clark

I have an extensive collect of CDs and cassettes, most of the latter of music long lost because lot of discs haven't been converted to CD. I saw libraries pitch out entire collections when they switched over. I always taped my LPs.

Some of the early baroque recordings used modern instruments and sound pretty good. Much of early music is obsessed with being 100 percent authentic. It has its points.

Bo Derek has been off and on TV. She was in a Tarzan film that was considered one of the worst bombs ever, and she's pretty bad, but when she gets a good script, she's okay. She was in a TV drama a few years ago, and I saw her in The Queen of Swords in 2001, a female Zorro show. She did a good job, especially fencing and riding, as she's an equestrienne and fences.

Yeah, the classical groups all do the Hanukah shit now. Guess they don't want to piss off one of their major contributors.

A good book to read is Mozart in the Jungle: Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music by Blair Tyndall, an oboist. Very fun describing music life and the classical world (mostly starving artists), and has a good analysis why arts funding led to a lot of orchestras folding up. When she started playing oboe on Broadway (Miss Saigon), she really made good money.

Old February 21st, 2018 #17
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven clark View Post
Yeah, the classical groups all do the Hanukah shit now. Guess they don't want to piss off one of their major contributors.
But how many Jews go to Christmas concerts? Who attending the concert actually wanted to listen to that? We were sitting in the concert hall listening to beautiful Christmas music, and all of a sudden the violins fell silent, and the horns started blaring out this loud, obtrusive stuff. I felt as if I had been transported to a Jewish wedding. It totally clashed with the rest of the music.

What was the point of all that except to annoy the people in the audience? If Jews want to listen to that stuff can have their own concerts, and, I promise you, they won't be listening to Silent Night.

Old February 22nd, 2018 #18
steven clark

It's annoying, especially since Hanukah music is pretty lame, but you have to remember the arts crowd is into the 'inclusive' shit. Also, like the story Sleeping Beauty, if you forget to invite off one of the witches, things will happen to you.

I do a lot of folk dancing, English as well (the kind you see in the Jane Austen movies), and this one Jew guitarist took over the group and drove out the leaders. He put his Jewish friend in as a caller (who calls the dance), and NO one gets to call without the boss's permission.
The Christmas dance was changed to a 'holiday' dance, and the guitarist always includes a Hanukah dance amidst the Greensleeves and etc., some crappy dance where everyone circles around in some jigged up tune...that's the epitome of Jewish dance, the houra...which they got from someone else. When it comes up, I take a long trip to the bathroom. A girlfriend of mine refused to go to the balls again.

People in the arts, like college administrators, are a soft target.

Old October 4th, 2018 #19
john smith rgb

great post; bumped

Old October 25th, 2018 #20
Erik T. White

A very nice overture by a French composer, "Overture to Zampa":

One can read about the opera here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zampa

I hope the overture is enjoyed!!!!

Thread