Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 29th, 2014 #661
Thad Charles
Master Race

Been reading a lot of of Nietzsche lately. Feeling nihilistic and down lately. Need this.

Sorry to say the only entire work I've read of his was The Anti-Christian, and just bits and pieces of some other stuff. Looking over mostly Will To Power.

Old June 30th, 2014 #662
Lucian A.
Banned

Never forget your daily dose of vitamin N.

Old July 1st, 2014 #663
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

^ Too bad Will to Power is a convoluted work not written by the great man himself, but by his douchebag of a scheming sister; she merely looking to cash in on the fame of her infinitely brainier brother.

And did you know also that once Fritz flipped his wig and went totally insane, Elizabeth, the aforementioned douchebag, got it into her money-making head to charge the morbidly curious admission to catch a glimpse of her demented brother in the room he was confined to till his death?...like he was the main attraction at a freak show? What a fuckin' cunt...

Old July 1st, 2014 #664
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Charles View Post
Been reading a lot of of Nietzsche lately. Feeling nihilistic and down lately. Need this.

Sorry to say the only entire work I've read of his was The Anti-Christian, and just bits and pieces of some other stuff. Looking over mostly Will To Power.
Try Beyond Good and Evil when you get the chance, Thad. It's a mindblower-and-a-half, and the one work of FN's that most of his friends and acquaintances begged him not to have published; i.e., it's that good.

Old July 1st, 2014 #665
Thad Charles
Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
^ Too bad Will to Power is a convoluted work not written by the great man himself, but by his douchebag of a scheming sister; she merely looking to cash in on the fame of her infinitely brainier brother.

And did you know also that once Fritz flipped his wig and went totally insane, Elizabeth, the aforementioned douchebag, got it into her money-making head to charge the morbidly curious admission to catch a glimpse of her demented brother in the room he was confined to till his death?...like he was the main attraction at a freak show? What a fuckin' cunt...
Yeah, because it's written in aphorisms though makes it more accessible to me. It's easier on my brain for what I want now.. Not that The Anti-Christian was a hard read.

That's sick stuff...After reading a few works I'll get my hands on some biographies.
Quote:
Try Beyond Good and Evil when you get the chance, Thad. It's a mindblower-and-a-half, and the one work of FN's that most of his friends and acquaintances begged him not to have published; i.e., it's that good.
Sounds good to me! As I mentioned Will to Power is pretty smooth given its structure, I'll do Beyond Good and Evil next and soon.

I did find this quote from Zarathustra:
Quote:
I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him?
I certainly hope as I read Nietzsche's works he can teach me the Overman.

edit: just read that Will to Power is considered a forgery by some...fuck...just a series of notes. Half way through, who gives a shit, I was going to read it sooner or later

Last edited by Thad Charles; July 1st, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Old July 1st, 2014 #666
Jimmy Marr

Excuse me if I've posted about this book already in this thread, but I got a lot out of this little book, which I gather was largely based on Nietzsche's ideas:

http://www.amazon.com/Neo-Nihilism-P.../dp/B00HN844QI

The author also has spoken version of similar material on Youtube:

Old July 2nd, 2014 #667
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

An excellent analysis of FN's thought is Patricia Dixon's Nietzsche and Jung: Sailing a Deeper Night. "Deeper" isn't the word, as this work delves really deep into the psychology of Fritz's philosophy as interpretted by Jung, who was both a great admirer of, and greatly influenced by, The Man; and whose work -- FN, I'm talking about -- was at the same time complex and yet coherent to us mere mortals. I won't bullshit you, it's a very tough read (I myself couldn't grasp a lot of it and consequently skipped whole passages of the book), and it helps if you have all the synapses firing at once.

Whoops! almost forgot...

For the IT-addicted, here's a free ebook of Beyond Good and Evil, my favorite work of Nietzshe:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4363/4363

Old July 3rd, 2014 #668
Fico

So far I was read two books of Nietzsche:

1)Thus spoke Zarathustra-in this book "Zarathustra" in fact Nietzsche who isn't statisfied in society in who he live and trying tell to reader that man must be overcome and superman must come. I often saw wrong interpretation of Nietzsche superman of people who like NS philosophy that is supeman "over race",well this is wrong. Nietzsche want to see people who isn't manipulated of mass,he was against mass. Final part of the book (parth four) proves this when was Zahratustra saw high people who are left the mass (society in who they lived) and welcome to him because he told him that they want to see Zaratustra and Zarathustra called them "higher people" and he taught they about superman,but what was happened on the end? After evening entertainment Zahratustra only be awake in dawn when "higher people" slept,and he was awaken lion when was "higher people" awaken and came to Zahratustra and lion expelled "higher people" and Zarathustra mastered his last barrier-compassion to "higher people" and alone celebrated "big noon",but superman isn't found. Nietzsche proved here that he was big philosopher who sought someone who don't exist-superman who can be repulsive on manipulation of all people around him. Also in this book we can see that Nietzsche have really negative opinion about state in this period of his life.

2)Anthicrist-extension of "Thus spoke Zahratustra",who didn't read "Thus spoke Zahratustra" can't understand "Anthicrist". On first book Nietzsche provoking people over Zahratustra and on second over "Anthicrist" (extremely negative creature ,source of all evil for Christians) with all means. On the end of the book Nietzsche established "new era" in who worth "Law against Christianity". Interesting is for me in numper 52 and 47 where he something like that God must be abolish If he exist-proof that is atheism belief that God doesn't exist. Probabbly in desperation he said in number 62 that Christianity is "immortal stain of humanity"-he maybe belive that Christianity will not be destroyed. In number 55 Nietzsche said that antisemite laying from principles.

Damage is that Nietzsche didn't live in Hitler time,I think that it will be very interesting what of book he would published If he would can. I will read out some books of him because he is interesting man for read. Maybe someone here have different rewiev about these two books who read more than I of Nietzsches books? In one picture I saw that Nietzsche have hiddent hand on heart,is it possible that behind Nietzsche standing some organization or he is icon for himself?

Old July 3rd, 2014 #669
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fico View Post

Damage is that Nietzsche didn't live in Hitler time,I think that it will be very interesting what of book he would published If he would can. I will read out some books of him because he is interesting man for read. Maybe someone here have different rewiev about these two books who read more than I of Nietzsches books? In one picture I saw that Nietzsche have hiddent hand on heart,is it possible that behind Nietzsche standing some organization or he is icon for himself?
Jews, and the French, were actually the people whom Nietzsche praised most; thought, in the former case, they the savviest; in the latter, they the most cultured and civilized. Sad to say he utterly depised the culture of his native Germany, and thought them barbaric in comparison with the two. But -- and this is a BIG but...

Early on in his career, while still a young philology prof at a German university, he gave a lecture in which he all but shit all over the Chosen. Richard Wagner, along with his wife Cosima, they being more or less sponsors of young Fritz at the time, and both perceiving the potential of the man, warned him in separate letters to back off from open criticism of jewry, as doing so would be nothing short of career self-destruction. FN apparently took this to heart, and ever afterwards praised the jew rather than castigating him.

As brilliant as the man was -- and a mind like his comes along maybe once in two or three hundred years, at best -- I've always hated that particular apsect of his character: the sacrificing of his innate beliefs in the hope of attaining fame and fortune via publication of his works. Then again, Nietzsche didn't live to see the birth of modern day Zionism; nor what the jew would pull off in the 20th century. If he had, my guess is that he would've change his views of the vermin lickety-split, fuck his career.

Old July 3rd, 2014 #670
Fico

Quote:
JSad to say he utterly depised the culture of his native Germany, and thought them barbaric in comparison with the two. But -- and this is a BIG but...
He charges Luther because religious reformation based on Christianity and said that Germans will be guilty If will be impossible faith against Christianity.

Quote:

Early on in his career, while still a young philology prof at a German university, he gave a lecture in which he all but shit all over the Chosen. Richard Wagner, along with his wife Cosima, they being more or less sponsors of young Fritz at the time, and both perceiving the potential of the man, warned him in separate letters to back off from open criticism of jewry, as doing so would be nothing short of career self-destruction. FN apparently took this to heart, and ever afterwards praised the jew rather than castigating him.
In which time they warned him to back off from open criticism of jewry? In book "Antichrist" he openly criticized jew priests that they are falsified history in number 26 and he is dissatisfied because Curch done nothing on this question. He charges for all priests and in "Law against Christianity" in fifth provision he said what must people doing with priests. In number 44 he said that is jewry centuries tehnique of laying with polish by most perfect mastery in Christianity.

Quote:

Then again, Nietzsche didn't live to see the birth of modern day Zionism; nor what the jew would pull off in the 20th century. If he had, my guess is that he would've change his views of the vermin lickety-split, fuck his career.
He didn't live to see the birth of modern Zionism but he openly speach that is Christian jew of "freely" faith and his negative role of Rome and tried ridicules Saul who is man in eyes of Nietzsche who want establish priests power.

My conclusion about Nietzsche for now is that he was nihilist who want something what isn't be possible on his time,supermans who have own rules,not ships who follow someone,but big question is: is this realistic expect or nihilistic unrelistic fanthasy? For me this is unrealistic fantashy because my expirience say that exist leaders and followers (pastors and ships) and that they can't cgange its roles.

Last edited by Fico; July 3rd, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

Old July 3rd, 2014 #671
Jimmy Marr

I looked at Beyond Good and Evil, but after reading the reviews followed a suggestion to purchase the Kindle version of Modern Library's Basic Writings of Nietzsche.

More Nietzsche for my nickel, and I was able to start reading it right away.

Old July 3rd, 2014 #672
Fico

I'm trying to find link for download book named "Medusa's Head or Conversations Between Aleister Crowley and Adolf Hitler " author is John Symonds. If someone have link for this I will be very thankful. Whether someone here know some about this book or relationship between Crowley and Hitler?

Old July 5th, 2014 #673
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:

In which time they warned him to back off from open criticism of jewry? In book "Antichrist" he openly criticized jew priests that they are falsified history in number 26 and he is dissatisfied because Curch done nothing on this question. He charges for all priests and in "Law against Christianity" in fifth provision he said what must people doing with priests. In number 44 he said that is jewry centuries tehnique of laying with polish by most perfect mastery in Christianity.

Yes, both Richard and wife Cosima Wagner most certainly did warn FN in letters to back off from open criticism of jewry.

Read what they said here in post #14 in my thread on Nietzsche from late 2010: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=120118. Also check out post #6 in which Fritz, though bordering on insanity at the time, said "I will simply have all anti-Semites shot."

And I admit that I was dead wrong in saying that FN never again criticized the jews openly; but he was forever displaying mixed feelings on God's Precious; he both praised and loathed their sentiments and accomplishments.

see here: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...Nietzsche.html

Old July 5th, 2014 #674
Fico

Quote:

And I admit that I was dead wrong in saying that FN never again criticized the jews openly; but he was forever displaying mixed feelings on God's Precious; he both praised and loathed their sentiments and accomplishments.

see here: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...Nietzsche.html
Jews are the oldest folk today and many I saw many people who isn't proo-jewish who praised their survival through millennia so it isn't strangely that Nietzsche also praised them because of this. As we can see,Nietzsche didn't care about Wanger think because he wrote "Anthicrist" and I put you some number of Nietzsche criticism of jewry who have been enough directly. This link who your put here didn't mention book "Nietzsche cons Wanger" (I didn't read this) and I think that someone who has read this can tell us more about this (As tittle of book say,we can conclude that Nietzsche have been cons of Wanger opinion). I think that Nietzsche didn't like for example Germans because they are Christians who have roots in jewish Torah (old testament),not because they are Germans. I wrote somewhere that Nietzsche called Vatican that on death conviction german emperor and all antisemith but I don't know is it truth. If it is truth,this means probabbly from Nietzsche "ten orders of free mind" from first number where write "nations don't love nor hate". I brought my global conclusion in perivous post about Nietzsche so I will not repeat again and I think that we all can agree with this.

Last edited by Fico; July 6th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

Old July 6th, 2014 #675
Thad Charles
Master Race

Quote:

2)Anthicrist-extension of "Thus spoke Zahratustra",who didn't read "Thus spoke Zahratustra" can't understand "Anthicrist".
I understood it fine. They're sequential?

Don't you need to be very well-read in philosophy to understand Zarashustra? That's what I heard, perhaps someone can shed some light.

Old July 7th, 2014 #676
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
I think that Nietzsche didn't like for example Germans because they are Christians who have roots in jewish Torah (old testament),not because they are Germans.
No, FN disapproved of German culture because he found it w/o taste, vulgar; backwards in comparison to that of France, which he found to be superior to all others in Europe.

Again, from Beyond Good and Evil (aphorism #254):

http://nietzsche.holtof.com/reader/f...76eeb512e.html

Old July 7th, 2014 #677
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Last night started an interesting little novel: a recently discovered unpublished manuscript penned by Jules Verne; found in 1995 by his great-grandson in a safe belonging to the novelist (and which had to be cut open with a torch as JV had stashed the key where no one could find it) titled Paris in the Twentieth Century. And when I say "little" novel, I mean just that. Though 220 text pages, it's double-spaced print with wide margins, averaging ten words per line; and which is why I'm halfway through it.

If you liked 1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451, odds are you'll like this one too. It's a gripper, and I should be done with it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Paris in the Twentieth Century: Jules Verne, The Lost Novel: Jules Verne, Richard Howard: 9780345420398: Amazon.com: Books Paris in the Twentieth Century: Jules Verne, The Lost Novel: Jules Verne, Richard Howard: 9780345420398: Amazon.com: Books

Old July 7th, 2014 #678
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:

Don't you need to be very well-read in philosophy to understand Zarashustra? That's what I heard, perhaps someone can shed some light.
It's not requisite that in order to fully grasp Zarathustra you need be well-read in philosophy, but a really good bio of the man, one that walks a novice through FN's oftentimes complex thought, would be a great help; and the one I recommend most is Friedrich Nietzsche by Curtis Cate.

For the life of me I couldn't figure what Fritz meant in Zarathustra when he had a black snake crawling in that young shepherd's mouth, until I had it explained to me by Cate...

An old man happens by and tries to pull the snake out himself, but all was in vain. He yells at the kid to bite down hard: "Bite the scaly fucker's head off!"(or words to that effect), says Gramps. The shepherd does so and spits it out. Turns out in this particular parable the kid represents modern day man; the snake, the restrictive social values that threaten to uproot, destroy humanity. The old man's advice of biting the snake's head off is Nietzsche's way of telling man to change his values before it's too late. Now if I hadn't read Cate I wouldn't have been able to figure that shit out -- who the hell would?

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; July 7th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Old July 7th, 2014 #679
Fico

Quote:
Yes,they're sequential and for understand this you must read out only third sentence in "Anthicrist" in foreword but If you start read "Anthicrist" before "Zahrathustra" you can gave wrong impression what I had seen with big part of people who are close for opinion about protection of race. It will be better that people understand that Nietzsche was nihilist,this don't mean that he didn't belived in nothing but it mean that he belived in new man (superman) who isn't follower,then creator who always creates and chrashes existing "valuses".

Quote:
Don't you need to be very well-read in philosophy to understand Zarashustra?
No,for understand Zarathustra you must known basic believes in Zarathustrianism and understand that Zahratustra is in this book in fact Nietzsche as he is also "Anthichrist" in second book who are sequential.

Quote:
That's what I heard, perhaps someone can shed some light.
I also heard this about men when I wanted to read this book,but after I had read full book I understood that he didn't understand "Zarathustra" because he strong belive that Jews are selected by God and this Nietzsche chrashes and say that is God dead and waiting superman who he didn't find,well If someone can't understand Nietzsches "Zarathustra" I am not wrong,Nietzsche said that this book is for evryone and for anyone,someone can understand this book someone can't,we aren't equal.

Quote:
No, FN disapproved of German culture because he found it w/o taste, vulgar; backwards in comparison to that of France, which he found to be superior to all others in Europe.

Again, from Beyond Good and Evil (aphorism #254):

http://nietzsche.holtof.com/reader/f...76eeb512e.html
As evryone advance If they want in someone thus progressed author who write books. I invite on book "Anthichrist" in my conclusions about his opinion about Germans,why? Because "Anthichrist" is one of the last book published on time in his life and for me this look like as that Nietzsche want at last write about his clashing with priests who preached distorting Christianity and his followers. If you didn't read this book you can know because she is short and you can read out this for maximum three days,he accused Germans that they will be wrong If Christianity will not be destroyed,but also he told that Christianity is immortal stain of humanity and after he told this I think that he didn't belive that Christianity must be destroyed because of key word "immortal",however Niettzsche will be soon insane and that will be end of him If we look time in which wherre published "Anthicrist" and some other books in end of career.

Last edited by Fico; July 7th, 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Old July 8th, 2014 #680
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:

As evryone advance If they want in someone thus progressed author who write books. I invite on book "Anthichrist" in my conclusions about his opinion about Germans,why? Because "Anthichrist" is one of the last book published on time in his life and for me this look like as that Nietzsche want at last write about his clashing with priests who preached distorting Christianity and his followers. If you didn't read this book you can know because she is short and you can read out this for maximum three days,he accused Germans that they will be wrong If Christianity will not be destroyed,but also he told that Christianity is immortal stain of humanity and after he told this I think that he didn't belive that Christianity must be destroyed because of key word "immortal",however Niettzsche will be soon insane and that will be end of him If we look time in which wherre published "Anthicrist" and some other books in end of career.
Point is, you said that FN "didn't like" the Germans because they're Xtians who have their roots in the Torah (and the French are, what exactly? Hindus? with roots in the Vedas?). He admired the French specifically because he thought them superior to his countrymen in philosophy, morals, poetry, literature, music, theater, etc. But as it appears as though you're not willing to concede much, if anything at all, I'm going to drop the subject. You win.

Thread