Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 17th, 2018 #1
steven clark

Default Chappaquiddick

Okay, we dump on the Kennedys. surely, you'll watch this. The film by John Curran deals with Teddy Kennedy on that fatal night on July 18, 1969.
Jason Clarke, an Australian actor, plays Teddy and does the accent well, and captures Teddy's indecision. You can say the Kennedys are a realistic version of the Godfather, and Teddy is Fredo.
He stumbles out of the water after the car sails off the bridge, lights still on, makes his way back to the beach house where he and Mary Jo Kopechne left after a party, she one of the 'boiler room girls', used for Bobby's campaign, and now phasing into Teddy's presidential run.
Teddy meets Joe Gargan, a half-relative and spear carrier. His first words after leaving the sunken car? 'I won't be president.'
The film isn't pro or anti Kennedy, and has a cold, analytical view of what happens…or doesn't. Teddy spends hours deciding what to do, rows back to his hotel, freshens up, sleeps, and, yes, finally tells someone Mary Jo is now sleeping with the fishes…but she was at the wheel.
The Kennedy machine springs into action and does CYA, and this is the movie's strong point. it shows us how the liberal/deep state operates in saving one of their own. Teddy comes across, at the very least, as a befuddled heel determined to 'take control' of events. Everyone, from McNamara to Sorenson and the slowly disgusted Gargan do what they think matters…it's the wrong thing to do, but to them it looks like the right thing from where they're standing. Teddy is a man with a terrible idea, recognizes it for what it is and then goes all out to do it anyway. All of this sounds like how the same crowd handled Vietnam. He talks about the tragedy of being a Kennedy. He wears a neck brace at the funeral…while looking around in back wearing the brace. He says he had a concussion and can't remember anything. All the while it comes out that Mary Jo didn't drown, she was suffocated by running out of air, and could have been rescued…if Teddy had fucking rescued her.
Like I said, this is a wonderful film showing how liberals work, how they save the sacred Kennedy. it's pretty much how they work with Clinton and yes, the holy, sacred Obama. Humanity means nothing. The image everything.
Meanwhile, Teddy goes for help and spiritual support to Joe Kennedy, suffering from a stroke and only says one word to Teddy: 'Alibi,' like 'Rosebud' in Citizen Kane.
While all this happens, the moon landing gobbles up all the media time, helping the team to save their somewhat jaded knight…and it was 1969, and Vietnam was going strong, as were summer riots…it was the sixties, and I remember all of this, and how Chappaquiddick was flushed away, just like the USS Liberty was when the israelis 'mistakenly' attacked it.
The moon landing also makes a strong coda in the film, showing John Kennedy overshadowing Teddy now and forever.
This is a film that shouldn't have been made, and yet got through. It has a quiet power and the camera is, like a director of mine told me, a character, watching and commenting on everyone.
Also, you get to see how Kennedys were simply worshipped then. They could do no wrong. Again, good to view in the Trump era, when he is despised and these same retainers of the Holy Family can't wait to destroy him. The period is recaptured well, and a strong cast shows us some good old fashioned sleazy history.
As for Teddy? He went on to become the 'Lion of the Senate.' i remember when he ran in 1980, and a reporter asked him why he wanted to be president, and I saw Teddy just stare at the camera, unable to answer.
Well done, Fredo.

Old April 17th, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 20th, 2018 #3
Susan

1969 was also the summer of Charles Manson and Woodstock. A lot going on. Kennedy was a lucky muthafucka.

Old April 20th, 2018 #4
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
1969 was also the summer of Charles Manson and Woodstock. A lot going on. Kennedy was a lucky muthafucka.
Not to mention Apollo 11 was two days away from the Moon landing when Teddy went off the bridge. On July 16th, two days earlier, he wasn't in Florida to witness the launch that his brother Jack inspired, since it was now Tricky Dick Nixon's show.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 22nd, 2018 #5
littlefieldjohn

Ted Kennedy was driving drunk resulting with a woman drowning upside down in a car. Should have been charged and convicted.

'Jack''s dad rigged the 1960 presidential election, more of a "trick" gotten away with than anything the jew press can pin on Nixon.

The latter years of the American 1960s - the truth has yet to be told.Maybe never will be.

Last edited by littlefieldjohn; April 22nd, 2018 at 04:54 PM.

Thread