Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 8th, 2016 #1
Crowe

Default #1 Bacon lovers topic (and pork) + recipes

I know I'm not the only one here who loves this non-kosher delicacy. This topic is to discuss ways to prepare bacon, or dishes where bacon is the king. I'm a firm believer that bacon makes anything better.

A lot of people cook bacon in a skillet, but I do mine in the oven.

- Temps varies. 350 F for really thin bacon, 325 F for slightly thicker bacon, or 300-310 F for that REALLY thick deli sliced bacon (1/8th" thick or so).

- Times vary. 350 F for 24-25 minutes for thin bacon. 325 F for 30-32 minutes for thicker bacon, and 300-310 F for 40-45 minutes for really thick bacon.

Pros for cooking it in the oven over a skillet:

- Less of a mess to clean up. Pour the grease into an empty coffee can or something, then toss the foil in the garbage.

- If cooked properly the bacon is cooked more evenly.

Another way I cook bacon is to fry it in a deep fryer. There used to be a little country store near me that would do fried bacon, and they coated the bacon in mustard, then dipped it in flour. Best stuff in the world.

- Use thin sliced bacon.
- Coat the bacon in mustard (I use Dijon mustard, but yellow mustard works).
- Lay some flour out on a tray, then coat the bacon really good, mash it in with a fork. You can add some other spices to it if you want.
- You NEED a deep fryer, pan frying just doesn't do it as well.
- Set the deep fryer to 350 F.
- Drop the bacon in one at a time to keep them from sticking, try to lay them in there long ways. Fit as many as you think you can.
- Once the breading is golden brown, the bacon is done.
- Fried bacon will keep for a long time. Its almost like a bacon jerky. It will remain crunchy for a week or 2 in the fridge, you can bag it up and grab a piece out and eat it without heating it up.

Last edited by Crowe; January 12th, 2016 at 01:15 AM.

Old January 8th, 2016 #2
Dawn Cannon

Default Bigos

Bigos, a Polish Hunter’s Stew

http://paleoleap.com/bigos-polish-hunters-stew/

Old January 8th, 2016 #3
Crowe

Here is another recipe, I stole from my uncle. Its man food.

Baked bean casserole

Ingredients:

- Large can of Bush's baked beans.
- 8 pieces of bacon, precooked and broken up into bits. I use thick, peppered bacon.
- 1/4 cup of mustard
- 1/4 cup of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce (smoky)
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 yellow onion diced up
- Durkee crunchy onions (enough to coat the top)
- No additional salt required. The bacon, BBQ sauce, crunchy onions and the beans already got enough salt.

Preheat oven to 350 F

#1 - Take a deep enough pan (couple inches deep) and mix the beans, bacon bits, mustard, garlic powder, BBQ sauce, white vinegar and diced onions. Spread it evenly.

#2 - Take the brown sugar and sprinkle it on top.

#3 - Take the durkee onions and spread them on top

#4 - Cook @ 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Leave it open, don't cover.

Last edited by Crowe; January 8th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

Old January 8th, 2016 #4
keifer

Baked Cowboy Antelope wrapped in Bacon.
Start a campfire. Get some coals. Brush them aside and dig a hole where the fire was. Wrap the roast that is wrapped in bacon in tin foil. Put the roast in the hole and cover it with some dirt and then brush the coals over top. Continue with the camp fire.
It can be a bit of a guess as to know when the food is done cooking.
If I remember correctly, it took about an hour.
If I did it again, I would cut the roast in half and cook two separate pieces. This to minimize cooking time and more importantly, get more bacon flavor spread out a little more evenly.

Old January 11th, 2016 #5
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
Baked Cowboy Antelope wrapped in Bacon.
Start a campfire. Get some coals. Brush them aside and dig a hole where the fire was. Wrap the roast that is wrapped in bacon in tin foil. Put the roast in the hole and cover it with some dirt and then brush the coals over top. Continue with the camp fire.
It can be a bit of a guess as to know when the food is done cooking.
If I remember correctly, it took about an hour.
If I did it again, I would cut the roast in half and cook two separate pieces. This to minimize cooking time and more importantly, get more bacon flavor spread out a little more evenly.
That sounds good. There might be some herbs/plants/spices you could forage in your general area to throw in it. I know around here wild onions are plentiful, so is mint and several types of berries. You could stuff some stuff inside of the meat as well. I've stuffed garlic and onions inside of meat before and it came out pretty good.

Old January 11th, 2016 #6
Squarehead Chris

I hate to get somewhat off topic here, but pork butt, a cut that is frowned upon by many people is actually a lean cut of pork that you can do countless tasty things with.
And unlike cured bacon, it's still pretty cheap.

Try some boiled in a pot of water until tender, and then shred it up with fork. Then, in the same pot, add soy sauce and natural hickory smoke flavor to taste and some chopped up White cabbage. Continue to cook until the cabbage is tender but crisp, then drain and serve.
In Hawaii, this is called "Kailua pig", a cheap and tasty wholesome meal that even the kids love.

P.S. You can put the pork butt in the pot dry with a little oil and brown it up real good at high temp before you boil it and shred it up, extra good.
But watch out with that concentrated hickory smoke stuff, a little bit goes a long way.

Last edited by Squarehead Chris; January 12th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.

Old January 12th, 2016 #7
Crowe

I usually cook pork butt really slow. I'll sear it in a skillet and brown it all the way around, then wrap it up in foil and cook it at 280F for 6 hours. When you pull it out, you can coat it in BBQ sauce, set it on a rack and the broil it for a few minutes to caramelize the sauce. I do the later when I cook ribs as well, both beef and pork ribs.

Poke belly is great stuff too. Gotta braise it and cook it for a long time for it to come out right or its not worth a damn. Last time I cooked some pork belly it took about 8 hours. Similar method to how I cooked the pork butt. You can literally prepare that the night before, toss it in the oven in the morning, and come home from work and it'll be done.

A lot of the myths about pork being unhealthy to eat are just complete bullshit put out by kikes who have an invested interest in getting people to buy kosher foods because they have a rabbinical seal of approval (taxes to kikes). Just another huge jewish racket. Eating non-kosher is eating White. I'm not gonna pay extra for something just because it has a rabbi's seal of approval on it. Fuck them.

Last edited by Crowe; January 12th, 2016 at 01:26 AM.

Old January 29th, 2016 #8
keifer

The wife made a pork butt roast. Potatoes grn beans carrots onions.
It was very good, lean and falling off the fork tender. Thanks for the recommendations.

Thread