VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 31st, 2016 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post China warns George Soros: Don't go to "war" against our currency

China warns George Soros: Don’t go to ‘war’ against our currency | The Ugly Truth

China’s official newspaper warned billionaire investor George Soros not to bet against the Yuan in a front-page opinion piece, as China tries to boost confidence in its home currency, also known as the renminbi, which has dropped 5 percent since August.

“Soros’s war on the renminbi and the Hong Kong dollar cannot possibly succeed – about this there can be no doubt,” said the article titled “Declaring war on China’s currency? Ha ha,” published by People’s Daily, the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party.

The opinion piece is an attempt to convince investors that the renminbi is still a safe choice despite the currency’s 5.7 percent tumble since August. Meanwhile, China’s central bank has been dipping into its foreign exchange reserves and spending hundreds of billions of dollars trying to halt the currency’s slide.

China zeroed in on Soros after he told Bloomberg TV last week that he is betting against the S&P 500, Asian currencies, and resource-linked economies. Soros also said he is projecting a hard landing for China’s economy, highlighting it as one of the “root causes” of the risk-off market sentiment.

“The Chinese left it too long to address the changeover in the growth model that they have to adapt from – investment and export-led to domestic-led. So a hard landing is practically unavoidable,” he said on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “I’m not expecting it, I’m observing it.”

read full article at source: http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/20...-our-currency/

Old February 1st, 2016 #2
B. Amy

I was reading Trump's book, Make America Great Again.

Right off the bat you can tell he actually wrote it, sounds exactly like him which is rare, most of the books are ghostwritten by you know who.

but he is pushing that ridiculous idea that the chinese are ripping us off by devaluing their currency. WE are the ones ripping them off, by devaluing our currency which they hold trillions of dollars of.

but this article perfectly illustrates what a lie this is, and how it is the party line they all tow. This was the party line they told Bush adminstration, they said we, the US had to devalue our currency too and let the Fed start printing up money and handing it out to their friends. They said devalued US currency would allow people in other countries to buy our goods, increase imports. wtf? yeah, and we get ripped off , too while we're at it.

but this article proves it is the US and globalists like George Soros who devalue the Chinese currency, not the Chinese. And that the Chinese try to increase value of their currency, who wouldn't? God, what bold faced liars, telling presidents and 'our' top government leaders most ridiculous non sense. I mean, christ if this is what the PRESIDENT of the whole country is told and believes, fuck. I imagine everyone else on down the food chain is even more full of misunderstandings, no? but of course, who am I I couldn't possible understand such things. All I know is I want my money to be able to buy as little as possible.

Unless they mean the Chinese devalue their own currency through massive government spending. Not like the US would ever do that.

but when Chinese government pumps massive amounts of cash into economy they build a lot for it, they build replicas of Paris, London, Berlin and all that crazy stuff. That is their 'federal reserve' a reserve of real wealth they don't allow into market , they don't flood market with it and keep prices stable. Very intelligent managment, very organized.

Last edited by B. Amy; February 1st, 2016 at 08:08 PM.

Old February 1st, 2016 #3
B. Amy

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...k-yuan-vs.html

here is article claiming that China government has PLEDGED to devalue their currency.

Obviously someone is telling blatantl lies here. And I would doubt China is pledging in national media to tell everyone they are going to make their money worth less.

but just goes to show you how the globalist media is used to devalue currencies.

Quote:
Multibillionaire Soros, who is now 85, has gained a reputation as a currency speculator. Back in 1992 he bet that the pound would lose value, pushing the UK government to withdraw its efforts to artificially buoy its currency in the European Exchange Rate Mechanism. Soros successfully made $1 billion on the bet.

He also speculated against the Thailand baht ahead of the Asian financial crisis in 1997. Some Asian leaders openly blamed massive currency trading, and Soros in particular, for the debacle, with Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad even branding him a “moron” after the Malaysian ringgit’s collapse.

see they use the press to create self fullfilling prophecies, talk down their currency. sell it short on massive scale.

but as usual most disgusting part of it all is the armies of professional liars who are used to deceive the majority of people of all nations.

"by deception though shalt wage war", Motto of the Mossad, also commandment of old testament.

Old February 2nd, 2016 #4
Darkvictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Amy View Post
I was reading Trump's book, Make America Great Again.

Right off the bat you can tell he actually wrote it, sounds exactly like him which is rare, most of the books are ghostwritten by you know who.

but he is pushing that ridiculous idea that the chinese are ripping us off by devaluing their currency. WE are the ones ripping them off, by devaluing our currency which they hold trillions of dollars of.

but this article perfectly illustrates what a lie this is, and how it is the party line they all tow. This was the party line they told Bush adminstration, they said we, the US had to devalue our currency too and let the Fed start printing up money and handing it out to their friends. They said devalued US currency would allow people in other countries to buy our goods, increase imports. wtf? yeah, and we get ripped off , too while we're at it.

but this article proves it is the US and globalists like George Soros who devalue the Chinese currency, not the Chinese. And that the Chinese try to increase value of their currency, who wouldn't? God, what bold faced liars, telling presidents and 'our' top government leaders most ridiculous non sense. I mean, christ if this is what the PRESIDENT of the whole country is told and believes, fuck. I imagine everyone else on down the food chain is even more full of misunderstandings, no? but of course, who am I I couldn't possible understand such things. All I know is I want my money to be able to buy as little as possible.

Unless they mean the Chinese devalue their own currency through massive government spending. Not like the US would ever do that.

but when Chinese government pumps massive amounts of cash into economy they build a lot for it, they build replicas of Paris, London, Berlin and all that crazy stuff. That is their 'federal reserve' a reserve of real wealth they don't allow into market , they don't flood market with it and keep prices stable. Very intelligent managment, very organized.
What's really dangerous about Trump is that he has a lot of stupid followers who believe him. Playing the Anti-China card is very stupid and very dangerous.

Old February 2nd, 2016 #5
Dan Hadaway

Quote:
And that the Chinese try to increase value of their currency, who wouldn't?
Sorry, but Trump is on point. If you are an import nation like Japan, you want to devalue your currency to keep your domestic industry alive by undercutting your competitors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_war

As the price to buy a country's currency falls so too does the price of exports. Imports to the country become more expensive. So domestic industry, and thus employment, receives a boost in demand from both domestic and foreign markets.

Old February 3rd, 2016 #6
Darkvictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hadaway View Post
Sorry, but Trump is on point. If you are an import nation like Japan, you want to devalue your currency to keep your domestic industry alive by undercutting your competitors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_war

As the price to buy a country's currency falls so too does the price of exports. Imports to the country become more expensive. So domestic industry, and thus employment, receives a boost in demand from both domestic and foreign markets.
The only reason everything is made in China, is because greedy people wanted to outsource work overseas to exploit cheap labor. If it is not China then it will be India or Vietnam. Trump's rhetoric makes no real sense. China is seen as somewhat of a competitor in the global stage that's all.

Old February 3rd, 2016 #7
8Man
"moderate" radical

Quote:
It still doesn't make much sense in the bigger/long-term picture. I can see currency devaluation (price-cutting) as a short-term tactic (ala Walmart) to drive out competition, but it makes no sense as a long-term strategy.

If currency devaluation is 'good', more should be better. Why not just give your resources away and work for free?

Old February 3rd, 2016 #8
Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post
It still doesn't make much sense in the bigger/long-term picture. I can see currency devaluation (price-cutting) as a short-term tactic (ala Walmart) to drive out competition, but it makes no sense as a long-term strategy.

If currency devaluation is 'good', more should be better. Why not just give your resources away and work for free?
Currency devaluation makes good sense if you've got high unemployment and idle industry. If you devalue your currency, your products become cheaper for other countries to buy, so your industry produces more, and unemployment is reduced. If you continue to devalue the currency after your industry/employment is maxxed out, you'd expect that to cause inflation, which you don't want.

Conversely, if you increase the value or your currency, you'll lose jobs to other countries.

Incidentally, that is exactly the reason why Greece is in such deep shit - they need to devalue their currency, but they can't, because they use the same currency as the rest of Europe.

The problem now is that most of the world has got idle industry or unemployment, so most of the world would like to devalue their currency relative to everyone else, which is obviously impossible. The world can now produce more than it can afford to consume, and almost every economy is fighting for a bigger slice of the production.

Old February 3rd, 2016 #9
Dan Hadaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvictory View Post
The only reason everything is made in China, is because greedy people wanted to outsource work overseas to exploit cheap labor. If it is not China then it will be India or Vietnam. Trump's rhetoric makes no real sense. China is seen as somewhat of a competitor in the global stage that's all.
First off, forget that part about Japan being an import country.

Yes, as an individual you want your money to buy as much as possible. But that's exactly it. The US and Chinese economies are not individuals. China wants to SELL. And it's only going to sell if it can undercut the competition. If it can't undercut the competition then not only will it not be able to sell, Chinese industry and manufacturing will go to where-ever the cheapest is.

Yea, it sucks to be a peasant and have your currency buy less. But that's too bad for you because there are bigger players at hand.

We want the US dollar to be strong because we are a consumer nation. We want to buy as much as we can with as little dollars as possible. That's why we farmed out all our manufacturing to China. Because they make it cheap. But it's not as simple as just cheaply constructed products. There are quality products from China, the computer your using to type this is probably made in China. The lower the value of the Chinese Yuan is, the more we can buy. But now it's gone to the extreme and bit us in the butt.

One way to effectively bring back industry is to reverse this course. You can't just slap on a tariff and presto change-o we have our jobs back. What Trump is trying to do is make America competitive in the manufacturing arena again. Because we just can't compete when they have de facto slave labor that pays workers 1$ a day in South Asia.

I have no doubt that many people, especially big money kikes like Sheldon Adelson, stand to lose a lot of money with his proposals since they are so radically different than what we've been doing.

Quote:
If currency devaluation is 'good', more should be better.
It's not that it's good or bad. It's just another factor in market competition.

Old February 3rd, 2016 #10
Darkvictory

Quote:
First off, forget that part about Japan being an import country.

Yes, as an individual you want your money to buy as much as possible. But that's exactly it. The US and Chinese economies are not individuals. China wants to SELL. And it's only going to sell if it can undercut the competition. If it can't undercut the competition then not only will it not be able to sell, Chinese industry and manufacturing will go to where-ever the cheapest is.

Yea, it sucks to be a peasant and have your currency buy less. But that's too bad for you because there are bigger players at hand.

We want the US dollar to be strong because we are a consumer nation. We want to buy as much as we can with as little dollars as possible. That's why we farmed out all our manufacturing to China. Because they make it cheap. But it's not as simple as just cheaply constructed products. There are quality products from China, the computer your using to type this is probably made in China. The lower the value of the Chinese Yuan is, the more we can buy. But now it's gone to the extreme and bit us in the butt.

One way to effectively bring back industry is to reverse this course. You can't just slap on a tariff and presto change-o we have our jobs back. What Trump is trying to do is make America competitive in the manufacturing arena again. Because we just can't compete when they have de facto slave labor that pays workers 1$ a day in South Asia.

I have no doubt that many people, especially big money kikes like Sheldon Adelson, stand to lose a lot of money with his proposals since they are so radically different than what we've been doing.

It's not that it's good or bad. It's just another factor in market competition.
You are insanely naive, Donald Trump represents the 1 percent who outsourced everything. His own "products" are made outside of the US. Donald Trump is just another egotistical delusional narcissist who is running for president to feed his ego. His policies are very unrealistic, trust me, even if he gets elected things won't change.

Tags
china, george soros

Thread