Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Clownage > Nutzpah Lounge
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: Have you ever used cannabis for recreational purposes?
Yes, in the past but I am no longer a user. 46 50.55%
Yes, I currently use cannabis. 17 18.68%
No, I have never used cannabis and don`t intend to do so. 27 29.67%
No, I have never used cannabis but I am open to doing so. 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 26th, 2008 #141
Elizabeth Fragale

I'll go ahead and reply to this.

I have smoked weed a few times. The last time I did it was when I was 17. I didn't particular enjoy any of occasions, even though I inhaled properly and had high quality stuff. I simply didn't enjoy the feeling. I made no more philosophical sense, music wasn't any better, and even food was the same as usual. It was overrated. I'd love to see placebo experiments done with marijuana.

It's the same way with drinking to me. I had my first glass of wine (given to me by family) when I was 5 or so, and therefore never associated alcohol with rebellion. I think that's a major reason so many people my age get drunk. The feeling I get when I drink is just not pleasant to me. It's not unpleasant though. I just can't justify having to taste something I find disgusting, and deal with being sick later on, for an hour of being dizzy and slow. The most I ever drank was 8 beers in two hours, while eating pizza, just to see if I could. I drank two vodka martinis with friends on my graduation night, then went to bed even though I had half a bottle left. That's the last time I drank, and that was over a year ago. My other friends just drank until they passed out, which I never could understand. There always seems to be a certain point with drinking in which it goes from being enjoyable, to being sickening and that point is well before you're actually drunk.

I don't think marijuana is as bad as alcohol, for obvious reasons. It should not be illegal. But it is a substance people do become dependent on. Potheads deny this, but I do think weed is a leading cause of a certain "lack of motivation" found amongst people. It seems to make people content with watching video games and listening to music, which they're able to justify with their stoner logic. But when these people come out of their haze they realized they've accomplished nothing, they're very unhappy. A life of simply getting high is not a full life no matter what people say. I've seen this happen too many times to people who had true potential.

But, that doesn't happen to all people. Those who are able to handle marijuana without becoming dependent on it, or messing their lives up because of it, do have strong willpower. They just have to remember when they're praising this herb for what it can do, their message is also going out to the people who *can't* responsibly use. What works for them, won't work for the people who will make weed their crutch and excuse for being a failure. The amount of people who weed helps is far outnumbered by the amount it hurts.

That's my stance on the issue. I always feel as though I'm the only "moderate" when it comes to things like this. Most people are either very for, or very against it.

I will say this, we evolved without needing psychoactive substances (not including medicines). We can get along just fine without them. If you can't relax or party without getting stoned or drunk first, something is wrong with you. That's where the "responsible use" thing comes in again. Do you have fun with your friends, and you use marijuana responsibly to enhance that? Fine. Can you not have fun with your friends unless you're under the influence? You shouldn't be smoking anything.

The people who don't use any substances at all, are the ones I respect the most.

Old November 28th, 2008 #142
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Fragale View Post
It was overrated. I'd love to see placebo experiments done with marijuana.
Conduct the experiments on foreign shores. Keep us updated on the results.

Old November 28th, 2008 #143
Anne

www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/544684

Pot stash found with Caucasian mummy who was probably a shaman.

I still think alcohol should be imbibed by men more often than pot. And M.J. should only be indulged in by religious people.

Women, especially young ones, should avoid alcohol, since even the recommended amounts can cause fertility problems and may even contribute to breast cancer.

Old November 28th, 2008 #144
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/544684

M.J. should only be indulged in by religious people.
Now that's the way to fill the coffers In The Shadows.

Some are burning inside to know.

Last edited by Mike Mazzone of Palatine; November 28th, 2008 at 01:11 PM.

Old February 7th, 2018 #145
Smokey420

Default I use Cannabis

I believe in Jesus and use Cannabis as well and yet there are some here who believe that I should be murdered because they hate that I use a green herb and love my enemies as Jesus commanded?

Jesus said Love your enemies, do good to those that hate you, pray for those that despitefully use you and persecute you and bless those which curse you.

If you truly were believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God then you would love your enemies as Jesus commanded so why do you call him Lord, Lord and not do the things in which he says?

Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Old February 10th, 2018 #146
Randolph Dilloway
Banned

Old February 10th, 2018 #147
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey420 View Post
I believe in Jesus and use Cannabis as well and yet there are some here who believe that I should be murdered because they hate that I use a green herb and love my enemies as Jesus commanded?

Jesus said Love your enemies, do good to those that hate you, pray for those that despitefully use you and persecute you and bless those which curse you.

If you truly were believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God then you would love your enemies as Jesus commanded so why do you call him Lord, Lord and not do the things in which he says?

Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
I, for one, sir, am sold.

I now believe (((Yeshua))) is my savior, and will look for a pot dealer, hasta pronto.

I'll give 'my enemies' a big hug, perhaps starting with an MS-13 member or gorilla pimp.

If I'm never heard from again, give all my loot to Hagee, so we can send the Jews to Jerusalem and Yeshua can come back to sit on his throne....which doesn't even fit the book of Daniel. Oh darn, I talked myself out of being a sunbeam for Jesus, yet again, with that darn thing humans call "thinking."

Old February 10th, 2018 #148
A.G.

Yes as teenager, because I was in bad company and they made me do it, but it was also my fault because I seeked that company to be "cool" and "impress" my peers that im "cool". Since Im 20 not anymore thats 15 years by now that I didnt smoked weed.

Old February 11th, 2018 #149
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default There'll be plenty of time for doobie rollin'.....

...when you're livin' in a van down by the river.

Thread