VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 16th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Being a Man Thread

[this thread is for different things i come across where points can be made]

1) Real men don't let their wives dress them.

What a classic article for exposing the basic female mentality. Harbaugh is a football coach. He likes to wear pleated khakis, which he buys for $8 at Walmart.

This horrifies the woman. It reflects somehow on HER. (No, it doesn't.) She's horrified NOT at his appearance, but that he's wearing $8 khakis...from Walmart. Social fears!

Pleats are, at the moment, out of fashion. Women are horrified at the idea of not conforming to social mores they hear about on tv and fashion directions they read about in magazines. OMG, he's wearing pleats. That is so not done!

This woman is so upset she calls in to a local radio show to make it clear that she is NOT responsible for what he's wearing.

Here's what matters: how Jim Harbaugh looks.

Do you see a problem with that? I don't. I've seen many coaches with pants that are too short. Harbaugh's are long enough. They are pleated? Big deal. Maybe the guy likes pleats. He got them at Walmart? So what? Would you know that if someone didn't tell you? No. So quit fronting, style nigger. What, khakis are only not to be sniffed at if they come from Douschlin & Mathersby for $800 a pair, as befits a successful coach and his haughty frau? It is to laugh.

People don't have the same amount of money. You judge their appearance by their appearance - not on the amount of money you think their togs totaled. The minimum acceptable for a man is properly fitting clothes. The ideal is to have some kind of style, and execute it, well, stylishly. Not all can achieve that, it's no easier than other kinds of achievements. There is nothing obviously wrong with Harbaugh's clothing or appearance, and how much it cost is irrelevant except to silly snobs, like his wife.

But I repeat the lesson: don't let your wife choose your clothes. The vast majority of women have bad taste, while thinking they have good taste. They will execute their bad taste on your person and in your house if you let them. Don't let them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-faux-pas.html

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 16th, 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Old January 16th, 2014 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

His shoes don't look that great, but I believe he wears spikes for a functional reason, so that may be excused - it's necessary to his job, which entails running back and forth and screaming, like all good occupations.

Old January 16th, 2014 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

'It's not just any store,' she told the radio jocks. 'You have to find them at a Walmart. Eight dollars. Eight dollars!' she laments.

That is about as pure an expression of snobbery as you'll find. Are the pants bad? That's the relevant question. Not their cost. I grew up around cunts like this; Glen Ellyn, Illinois, is loaded with them.

I guarantee you - this woman doesn't know good from bad in anything, she judges purely by the surface - the designer label and the price. Most people are like this, unfortunately. They have no ability at all to judge the inherent value in damn near anything, they go completely by externals.

Many years ago, I bought some khakis from Nordstroms, a higher-end retailer. Guess what? Their cuffs frayed after very few wearings. So even though they were maybe $60 apiece, they fell apart disgustingly quickly. So price doesn't guarantee a damn thing.

Harbaugh looks fine. His wife has nothing to be embarrassed about. She's just a weak-minded snob.

Last edited by Alex Linder; January 16th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Old January 16th, 2014 #4
James Dovery

Those pants are $15. You can't get pants at walmart for $8, his wife just picked $8 out of thin air.

Thread