Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 3rd, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post You Can Buy A House For One Dollar Or Less In Economically Depressed Cities All Over America

You Can Buy A House For One Dollar Or Less In Economically Depressed Cities All Over America

Michael Snyder

The Economic Collapse

February 3rd, 2014

Would you like to buy a house for one dollar? If someone came up to you on the street and asked you that question, you would probably respond by saying that it sounds too good to be true.

But this is actually happening in economically-depressed cities all over America. Of course there are a number of reasons why you might want to think twice before buying any of these homes, and I will get into those reasons in just a little bit.

First, however, it is worth noting that many of the cities where these “free houses” are available were once some of the most prosperous cities in the entire country. In fact, the city of Detroit once had the highest per capita income in the entire nation. But as millions of good jobs have been shipped overseas, these once prosperous communities have degenerated into rotting, decaying hellholes. Now homes that once housed thriving middle class families cannot even be given away. This is happening all over America, and what we are witnessing right now is only just the beginning.

The photo that I have posted below was sent to me by a reader just the other day. It is a photo of a house in Yakima, Washington that is apparently being given away for free. At one time it was probably quite a lovely home, but now nobody seems to want it…

This piqued my curiosity, so I started doing some research and I discovered that homes all over the nation are being sold off for a dollar or less. The following are just a few examples…

- Buffalo, New York : “The Urban Homestead Program that is offered by the City of Buffalo enables qualified buyers to purchase a home that has been deemed ‘homestead eligible’ for $1.00, and there are plenty of properties left. There are three main requirements when purchasing a homestead property; the owner must fix all code violations within 18 months, have immediate access to at least $5000, and live there for at least three years. You also have to cover the closing costs of the purchase.”

- Gary, Indiana : “Officials say that a third of the houses in Gary are unoccupied, hollowed dwellings spread across a city that, like other former industrial powerhouses, has lost more than half its population in the last half-century.

While some of those homes will be demolished, Gary is exploring a more affordable way to lift its haggard tax base and reduce the excess of empty structures: sell them for $1.”

- South Bend, Indiana : “How could you refuse this offer? The city of South Bend, Indiana wants to give this handsome circa-1851 Italianate farmhouse away to anyone willing to properly restore it. Aside from the boarded up windows (the boards are painted to look like real windows), the place is in pretty good shape, with a completely restored exterior, new roof, and all new HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. All you’ll need to do is restore the gutted (but clean as can be) interior.”

- Detroit, Michigan : “Now that the motor city has effectively run out of gas and declared bankruptcy, some rather eye-popping deals are presenting themselves to first time home buyers who appreciate the challenge of a fixer-upper.

Hundreds of Detroit homes currently listed on Zillow have asking prices below $5,000, with at least one seller so desperate as to offer his house for just $1, ABC News reported.”

—–

And guess who is selling more “one dollar homes” than anyone else?

If you guessed “the federal government” you would be correct.

Right now, the federal government is selling foreclosed homes to low income families all over the country for just one dollar …

HUD’s Dollar Homes initiative helps local governments to foster housing opportunities for low to moderate income families and address specific community needs by offering them the opportunity to purchase qualified HUD-owned homes for $1 each.

Dollar Homes are single-family homes that are acquired by the Federal Housing Administration (which is part of HUD) as a result of foreclosure actions. Single-family properties are made available through the program whenever FHA is unable to sell the homes for six months.

By selling vacant homes for $1 after six months on the market, HUD makes it possible for communities to fix up the homes and put them to good use at a considerable savings.

Before you get too excited, there are a whole bunch of reasons why you wouldn’t want to actually buy any of these one dollar homes.

First of all, most of them have been totally trashed. Just to get them up to livable condition would take thousands of dollars in most cases. Many of them are full of asbestos, and severe wiring and plumbing issues are quite common.

Secondly, you assume all of the liability for a home when you buy it. So if a homeless person stumbles in and injures himself, you could be liable for his injuries.

Thirdly, many of these homes are in very high crime neighborhoods. In some of these areas, people will literally rip up and carry away anything that is not bolted down.

Fourthly, property taxes are very high in many of these cities. Local governments are desperate to get people into these homes so that they can get the taxes flowing again. In many cases, what you would pay in taxes for a year is more than the true value of the home itself.

So, like I said, these homes are not the “great deal” that they may appear to be at first glance.

But that is not really the issue.

The real question is this: What is causing our communities to decay so dramatically?

And of course a big part of the answer is that the middle class in America is dying .

According to Time Magazine , one new report has discovered that nearly half the country is constantly living in a state of “persistent economic insecurity”…

But as evidenced by a report out Thursday from the Corporation for Enterprise Development, nearly half of Americans are living in a state of “persistent economic insecurity,” that makes it “difficult to look beyond immediate needs and plan for a more

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/you-c...america_022014

Old February 3rd, 2014 #2
Soldatul Vostru
Banned

It's a governmental scam... stay away from their "one dollar" homes.

Old February 3rd, 2014 #3
Crowe

That is $1 with a whole lot of strings attached.

And you couldn't pay me to live in Gary Indiana or Detroit.

Old February 3rd, 2014 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

It's not really a scam, but it's not really $1 either. Even when it's not racial. Whoopee, you own a $1 home in, say, Rome, New York, home of a deserted military base. No jobs, four feet average winter snowfall, yee-ha, it's the dolce vita for you...

Why is the federal government involved in housing in the first place?

It's unconstitutional.

And, as always, they've fucked it up. They force the lowering of credit standards, then they end up with millions defaulting on loans. And of course, they start wars, leading to interregional population shifts (niggers moving South to North), then those niggers in time destroy Detroit, Gary, South Bend, etc. Then the feds peddle the houses left behind for pennies.

The US federal government is a monstrosity.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. It was eye-opening to me, traveling to Kalamazoo for that rally years ago, to see just how nigged-out that entire southern rim of Lake Michigan is. I bet a lot of you would be surprised how many useless niggers infest South Bend, Ind., and northern Indiana, SW Michigan generally.

Last edited by Alex Linder; February 16th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Old February 16th, 2014 #5
robert burns

Probably why I see so many guys from Michigan moving here Alex. Some are retired auto workers so receive a good pension. They can live good here but from talking with them the best thing they like is the low nigger population around here.

A couple do bitch about the heat and humidity in the summer but love the winter!

Old February 16th, 2014 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert burns View Post
Probably why I see so many guys from Michigan moving here Alex. Some are retired auto workers so receive a good pension. They can live good here but from talking with them the best thing they like is the low nigger population around here.

A couple do bitch about the heat and humidity in the summer but love the winter!
Where is "here"?

Old February 16th, 2014 #7
Thad Charles
Master Race

I'd love to see one of those house flipping TV shows go to these areas. They can show them dodging bullets and those roaming nigger gangs.

I don't know about South Bend. It is the home of Notre Dame for what it's worth. Buffalo isn't all that bad. The other two are far beyond the pale though.

Old February 17th, 2014 #8
Karl Lueger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsFeed View Post

- Detroit, Michigan : “Now that the motor city has effectively run out of gas and declared bankruptcy, some rather eye-popping deals are presenting themselves to first time home buyers who appreciate the challenge of a fixer-upper.

Hundreds of Detroit homes currently listed on Zillow have asking prices below $5,000, with at least one seller so desperate as to offer his house for just $1, ABC News reported.”
supposedly chinese are buying huge amounts of real estate in place like D..
not sure how true that is?

Rambo, John J.

Tags
City, Happening, House, Per capita income, Requirement

Thread