VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 28th, 2021 #81
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Healing bombs? CNN’s love affair with airstrikes continues, as network gushes over Biden attack on Syria

27 Feb, 2021 14:12

Joe Biden’s Syrian airstrikes were hailed by CNN as a masterstroke of diplomacy, delivered with “a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer.” Strangely enough, it sang the same song when Donald Trump launched his own strikes.

Delivered on Thursday by two F-15 fighter jets, Biden’s airstrikes knocked out several facilities the Pentagon says were used by Iranian-backed militias in Syria. The Pentagon described the strikes as “defensive” in nature, and as a response to rocket attacks on US and coalition troops in Iraq. A militia spokesman said one fighter was killed and several wounded.

CNN was ecstatic. In an article published on Friday evening, analyst Nick Patton Walsh described the attack as “minimally lethal” and “a small signal that the Biden administration is not gun-shy.” Unlike President Donald Trump’s “sledgehammer” diplomacy, the “scalpel”-like strike was a reasonable move in Biden’s efforts to bring Iran back into the 2015 nuclear deal, which Trump pulled out of in 2018.
(...)
That CNN supports Joe Biden, at least compared to Trump, is no surprise. But the liberal network seemingly has a soft spot for airstrikes as a diplomatic tool. When Trump launched his own strikes on the same militia in Syria in 2019, he received some rare praise from CNN.

Trump’s strikes were “a sensible use of force,” analyst Peter Bergen wrote at the time, in an unusual departure from the network’s usual anti-Trump hyperbole.
https://www.rt.com/usa/516769-biden-...s-praised-cnn/

Old March 2nd, 2021 #82
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
‘This is why Americans don’t trust media’: CNN’s Cuomo ripped for claiming he ‘obviously’ can’t cover brother’s scandals

2 Mar, 2021 14:56

CNN’s Chris Cuomo is igniting anger by claiming he cannot objectively cover the numerous sexual harassment and misconduct allegations against his brother, with critics pointing to past puffy interviews between the two.

Promising to “shoot straight” with his audience, Cuomo finally acknowledged the numerous scandals plaguing his brother Andrew Cuomo’s administration on Monday evening.

“Obviously I am aware of what’s going on with my brother,” he said. “And obviously I can’t cover it because he is my brother.”

Cuomo promised his network would “extensively” cover the ongoing situations with the New York governor, which now include an investigation into whether the administration covered up nursing home deaths from Covid-19 as well as multiple allegations of sexual harassment. Cuomo said he will get on other “news that matters,” but he cares “very deeply about these issues and profoundly so.”

Cuomo’s claim of not being able to objectively cover his brother has many on social media reminding him of past months of coverage, which include numerous interviews with the New York governor that ignored accusations related to nursing home deaths and other criticisms mostly in favor of questions about their mother and relationship statuses.
https://www.rt.com/usa/516991-chris-...other-covid19/

Old March 14th, 2021 #83
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Even as his own network HEMORRHAGES VIEWERS post-Trump, CNN’s Stelter questions Newsmax’s future after ‘ratings bonanza’ ends

13 Mar, 2021 18:53

CNN host Brian Stelter has analyzed the ratings losses of niche network Newsmax in the aftermath of former President Donald Trump’s exit from office, but his own team is taking the biggest viewership hit among major cable outlets.

A report this week by Variety Intelligence Platform (VIP) showed that three of CNN’s primetime shows were the biggest ratings losers between November 30-December 4, when Trump was still in office, and March 1-5. Programs hosted by Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper, and Don Lemon posted declines in viewership of 29%, 32%, and 33% respectively between the two periods, VIP’s data showed.
https://www.rt.com/usa/518044-cnn-po...-ratings-drop/

Old March 28th, 2021 #84
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Nolte: CNNLOL Primetime Ratings Back In Toilet — Where They Belong

JOHN NOLTE 25 Mar 2021

Far-left CNN’s ratings are back to catastrophic levels. For five years, the fake news channel had nothing to offer its moronic viewers other than hate, and the lies necessary to foment that hate, and now that the primary object of all the hate and lies (former President Trump) has left the stage, CNNLOL’s ratings are right back in the toilet — which is where this openly racist and violence-promoting outlet belongs.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...e-they-belong/

Old March 29th, 2021 #85
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
‘Hard-hitting analysis’: CNN blasted for piece explaining the ‘secret’ behind Joe Biden being so ‘popular’

29 Mar, 2021 16:30

CNN is being accused of pushing propaganda after publishing a fawning news ‘analysis’ attempting to explain that President Joe Biden’s recent poll success is due to him doing “popular things” on “popular issues."

“Biden’s secret to success is simple: he’s addressing the issues Americans care about, while his weaker issues are those that most Americans don’t seem as worried about,” CNN’s breakdown reads.

The article cites a recent ABC/Ipsos poll that showed Biden leading on issues like the handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, but earning majority disapproval on situations like the migrant surge at the US/Mexico border and his handling of gun violence.
(...)
CNN’s praising piece on Biden’s alleged super-popularity set off more than a few alarm bells on social media, with the left-leaning network being accused of acting as a propaganda arm for the administration.

“Making North Korea state media blush,” one Twitter user wrote in response to CNN’s “popular” analysis.
https://www.rt.com/usa/519527-cnn-joe-biden-popular/

From the comment section:

Quote:
I thought the secret was anonymous mail-in polling. We know he is doubly popular with many people, even the deceased.
Quote:
The secret is Joe Biden is not popular. Unless, of course, you want someone to laugh at. In that case he is a great uniter.
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that reports like that just boost their ratings through the roof. I'm surprised that they are still around. Who's watching them?
Quote:
Corporat ran CNN is Comecast owned, a liberal ran mouthpiece, lots of degenerats on the payroll like the other slop trash msnbc.
Quote:
Biden's popularity is a well kept secret indeed.
Quote:
What secret. he just have to pass the approval of AIPAC and the J mafia will take care of putting him on the top. its not brainer.
Quote:
over at cnn the truth is whatever the boss decided it to be

Old March 30th, 2021 #86
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Michael Flynn’s family sues CNN for $75 million over making them out to be QAnon supporters

26 Mar, 2021 16:01

Two family members of former national security advisor Michael Flynn say CNN deceptively edited a video to make them look like QAnon supporters, and they are now suing the network for $75 million.

Jack and Leslie Flynn, brother and sister-in-law of the former White House official, filed the lawsuit in US District Court in New York City, alleging defamation at the hands of CNN over a month-old report.
https://www.rt.com/usa/519306-michae...lawsuit-qanon/

Old April 5th, 2021 #87
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘We’re All Dealing with Some Post-Trump Stress Disorder’

PAM KEY 4 Apr 2021

CNN’s Jim Acosta said Sunday on “Reliable Sources” that many within the news media were dealing with “post-Trump stress disorder” in the aftermath of Donald Trump’s presidency.

Anchor Brian Stelter said, “Do you feel like you are rundown, your lineup is really different than it would have been in the Trump years?”

Acosta said, “When you asked me if I was rundown, I was wondering if you were asking me how I felt during the Trump era. I think we’re all dealing with some post-Trump stress disorder.”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ress-disorder/

Old April 5th, 2021 #88
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Wolf Isaac Blitzer (born March 22, 1948) is an American journalist, television news anchor and author who has been a CNN reporter since 1990, and is currently Principal Anchor at the network.[1] He is the host of The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer and until 2021, served as the network's lead political anchor.
(...)
Fluent in Hebrew, Blitzer also published articles in several Hebrew-language newspapers. Under the name Ze'ev Blitzer, he wrote for Al HaMishmar. Using the name Ze'ev Barak, he had work published in Yedioth Ahronoth.[11] Ze'ev (זאב) is the Hebrew word for "wolf", and Barak (ברק) is the Hebrew word for "lightning" (which in German/Yiddish is Blitz/blits).

In the mid-1970s, Blitzer also worked for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) as the editor of their monthly publication, the Near East Report.[12][13] While at AIPAC, Blitzer's writing focused on Middle East affairs as they relate to United States foreign policy.[14]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Blitzer

Old April 13th, 2021 #89
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
‘Our focus was to get Trump out of office’: CNN technical director admits network is ‘PROPAGANDA’ in new Project Veritas VIDEO

13 Apr, 2021 20:55 / Updated 54 minutes ago

An undercover video released by Project Veritas shows CNN technical director Charlie Chester revealing how the network purposefully painted Joe Biden in a positive light to get Donald Trump out of office.

In a conversation with a Project Veritas journalist, Chester can be seen on video admitting CNN worked to make Trump look “unfit for office,” while simultaneously portraying Biden as healthy to combat fears the 78-year-old was not up to holding the presidency.

“Look what we did, we [CNN] got Trump out. I am 100% going to say it, and I 100% believe that if it wasn't for CNN, I don't know that Trump would have got voted out…I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that,” Chester says in the video.

He also detailed bringing in “medical people” to tell a story that was “all speculation” about Trump’s hand shaking.

“We were creating a story there that we didn't know anything about. That's what – I think that’s propaganda,” he said.
https://www.rt.com/usa/520945-projec...tas-cnn-video/

Old April 14th, 2021 #90
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN’s Oliver Darcy Hangs Up on James O’Keefe When Asked for Comment on Director Admitting Network Pushed ‘Propaganda’ and ‘Fear’ to Defeat Trump

JACOB BLISS 14 Apr 2021

Oliver Darcy, a CNN senior media reporter, hung up the phone on James O’Keefe of Project Veritas when asked for a comment on CNN’s Technical Director, Charlie Chester, using the network for “propaganda” and “fear” to push former President Donald Trump out of office.

The video shows O’Keefe in front of multiple screens as he proceeds to call Darcy to ask for a comment on Project Veritas’s recording of Chester saying he used the network for “propaganda” and “fear” to push former President Donald Trump out of office.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-defeat-trump/

Old April 15th, 2021 #91
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
'Fear really drives numbers': CNN director calls Covid-19 'GANGBUSTERS WITH RATINGS,' latest undercover video reveals

14 Apr, 2021 20:07

CNN purposely stoked fears over the Covid-19 pandemic to boost ratings, partly by constantly displaying a death tracker, network technical director Charlie Chester said in the latest undercover video posted by Project Veritas.

“Covid? Gangbusters with ratings, right? Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side,” Chester said in the video, which was posted on social media on Wednesday.

The CNN employee also revealed that he had mixed feelings about the death tracker. “I’ve even looked at it and been like… let’s make it higher,” he said. “Like, why isn’t it high enough, you know, today? Like, it would make our point better if it was higher. And I’m like, what am I f**king rallying for?”

Chester conceded to the undercover Project Veritas reporter that despite such concerns, hyping fear yields higher ratings, which helps keep him employed. He noted that on many occasions where his director has told him to remove the Covid-19 death tracker from the screen, the network’s chief (Jeff Zucker) has called on a special red “bat phone” to order that it be restored.
https://www.rt.com/usa/521055-cnn-co...ering-veritas/

Old April 21st, 2021 #92
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
'Woke imperialism strikes again': CNN faces backlash after it defends keeping US troops in Afghanistan by citing women’s rights

11 Apr, 2021 04:12 / Updated 10 days ago

An attempt by CNN to rally against the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan on the pretext of protecting women’s rights there has drawn pushback, with netizens criticizing the notion as driven by an imperialist agenda.

“Concerns mount that US withdrawal from Afghanistan could risk progress on women's rights,” read the headline on the article published by the cable news channel on Saturday. Citing a chorus of Democratic and Republican lawmakers as well as several Afghan officials, the piece makes a case for keeping American troops in the war-ravaged country until “the conditions on the ground are right – regardless of the date on the calendar.”

Noting that US President Joe Biden signaled that the May 1 deadline for the troop pullout will unlikely be met, CNN argues that “a precipitous withdrawal” would have spelled doom for “hard-won gains for women and civil society in Afghanistan.”

“It’s disgusting the way the corporate press serves as the propaganda wing for endless war,” a libertarian commenter chimed in, while another took issue with the pretext CNN cited to delay the withdrawal. “Woke imperialism strikes again,” he tweeted.

“Equity, inclusion, and de-colonization requires the continued occupation Afghanistan,” journalist Michael Tracey wrote, paraphrasing the CNN message.
https://www.rt.com/usa/520718-afghan...ithdrawal-cnn/

Old May 8th, 2021 #93
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
‘I have some bad news’: Edward Snowden rips ex-CNN White House reporter for saying journalists don’t expect govt spying & lying

8 May, 2021 17:24

American whistleblower Edward Snowden and many others mocked a former CNN White House correspondent for insinuating that US government lies and spying were unique to the Trump administration and reporters don’t expect it.

Michelle Kosinski, who worked as CNN’s White House correspondent between 2014 and 2019, claimed on Saturday that “as an American journalist, you never expect” your “own govt to lie to you,” “hide information the public has a right to know,” and “spy on your communications.”

“Trump’s unAmerican regime did all of these. No one should accept this,” she concluded.

Kosinski was quickly ridiculed, both for suggesting that American journalists were so naive and for making government surveillance and disinformation appear exclusive to former President Donald Trump’s brief administration.

Whistleblower and former CIA employee Edward Snowden – who leaked information about the National Security Agency’s mass surveillance program on civilians and had to flee the US – told Kosinski, “I’m afraid I have some bad news.”
https://www.rt.com/usa/523274-journa...d-govt-spying/

Old May 20th, 2021 #94
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN’s Chris Cuomo blasted for advising NY gov brother on ‘defiant’ response to sexual harassment allegations in strategy calls

20 May, 2021 19:33

CNN host Chris Cuomo is being blasted over a report that he’d helped advise his brother, New York governor Andrew Cuomo and senior members of his staff about how to respond to numerous sexual misconduct allegations.

The CNN anchor took part in multiple conference calls with his brother’s top aide, communications team, lawyers, and other advisers, after multiple women, including ex-staffers, came forward with various stories of alleged sexual misconduct and harassment at the hands of the governor, who is now facing multiple other investigations, including one into the reporting of Covid-19 deaths in New York nursing homes during the pandemic.

Cuomo advised his brother Andrew to take a “defiant position,” according to the Washington Post which cites multiple anonymous sources with knowledge of the strategy calls. Two people present on the call said Cuomo used the term “cancel culture” when talking about the accusations. Andrew would go on to use the same term, one typically employed by conservatives, when denying wrongdoing.

Gov. Cuomo has also faced pushback from activists when addressing his accusations, even being accused recently by critics of trying to redefine sexual harassment by saying that if he made someone “uncomfortable” and it was not his intent to be inappropriate then he is not guilty of harassment.

CNN has acknowledged that their nightly anchor took part in these calls and deemed them “inappropriate.”
https://www.rt.com/usa/524373-chris-cuomo-brother-cnn/

Old May 22nd, 2021 #95
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN’s Cuomo: I’m ‘Sorry’ for Putting My Colleagues in ‘Bad Spot’ by Being on Calls with Brother and His Staff – ‘I Must’ Be There for Family

IAN HANCHETT 20 May 2021

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” host Chris Cuomo admitted that he was on calls with his brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and some of his staff, and said that such conduct “was a mistake. Because I put my colleagues here, who I believe are the best in the business, in a bad spot.” Cuomo also said that him offering his brother advice “is no revelation.” And stated that he hasn’t tried to influence CNN’s coverage of his brother.
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...re-for-family/

Old May 26th, 2021 #96
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Worse than FOX?! CNN insiders livid as Cuomo family doesn’t have to follow network rules

26 May, 2021 02:38 / Updated 21 hours ago

Helen Buyniski is an American journalist and political commentator at RT.

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo and his brother, New York Governor Andrew, have been scolded for using the network’s resources to strategize about his sex harassment cases – but insiders fear they’re stuck with the pair’s odious antics.

The Cuomos apparently had the full run of CNN’s remote capabilities, giving Andrew some extra legal strategy from his brother (who was a lawyer before joining CNN) and offering Chris access to the governor’s top aides, according to several people familiar with the talks.

The conferences included not only both Cuomos, but Andrew’s top aide and communications team, lawyers, and a bevy of outside advisers, according to people who came forward to the Washington Post to speak on their content. Chris’ co-workers were apparently deeply upset in having their workplace coopted by a political figure – and one under investigation for sexual harassment, at that – and women’s group UltraViolet ultimately came forward to denounce the incestuous situation.
https://www.rt.com/usa/524789-cuomo-...scandal-calls/

Old June 12th, 2021 #97
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Jeffrey Ross Toobin[1] (/ˈtuːbɪn/; born May 21, 1960) is an American lawyer, author, blogger, and legal analyst for CNN.[2] During the Iran–Contra affair, he served as an associate counsel in the Department of Justice.
(...)
Toobin was born to a Jewish family[4] in New York City in 1960,[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Toobin

Quote:
‘Excessive punishment’: CNN brings back pundit Jeffrey Toobin, 8 months after he exposed himself on Zoom call with colleagues

10 Jun, 2021 21:28 / Updated 1 day ago

CNN has begun rehabilitating the public image of disgraced legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, bringing him back on air and ending a banishment that began after he was exposed masturbating on a Zoom call with co-workers last October.

“What the hell were you thinking?” host Alisyn Camerota asked Toobin on Thursday in an on-set interview. Toobin, whose title of chief legal analyst was restored by CNN, said he obviously “wasn't thinking very well or very much,” then pointed out that he thought he had turned off the call and wasn’t visible to other participants.
https://www.rt.com/usa/526251-cnn-brings-toobin-back/

From the RT comment section:

Quote:
StedmanMcGraw 1 day ago
Jewish privilege.
Quote:
Bob Vila 1 day ago
He did it on purpose for his own enjoyment. It wasn't like oops I forgot where I was.
Quote:
Inside Job 1 day ago
They call him Jeffrey Tooinch.

Old June 21st, 2021 #98
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN’s Acosta: ‘You Have to Wonder’ if Trump Rallies This Summer Will Lead to Riots Like 1/6

PAM KEY 18 Jun 2021

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta said Friday on “The Situation Room” that if former President Donald Trump does political rallies this summer, “you have to wonder” if there will be riots like January 6 at the U.S. Capitol.

Anchor Wolf Blitzer said, “How incredible is it to see some of these Republicans actually going along with all these conspiracies?”

Acosta said, “They’re living in a different world. They’re in the Q-niverse, I guess you could call it. It’s important to note at the beginning of January 6, some of these same Republicans were blaming it on Antifa. Now they’re blaming it on members of the FBI. You have to wonder who’s next?”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...iots-like-1-6/

Old June 22nd, 2021 #99
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
‘Your show’s f**king terrible’: Joe Rogan pounces on Brian Stelter, says CNN host ‘not a real human’

18 Jun, 2021 11:41

Podcast superstar and MMA commentator Joe Rogan took the gloves off while ranting about CNN presenter Brian Stelter, mocking the TV pundit for his slumping viewership and lack of personality.

While bantering with progressive commentator Kyle Kulinski, Rogan recalled a panel discussion on Stelter’s ‘Reliable Sources’ from January, during which participants lamented the fact that YouTube content creators were raking in more views than traditional network news programs.

"They were describing it as if they're entitled to viewers,” Rogan said, recalling the exchange. “They were saying, ‘There are people on YouTube right now that get more views than this show.' This is because the market has spoken and your show's f**king terrible. Brian Stelter's show keeps slipping and slipping and slipping in the ratings.”

He added that Stelter’s colleague, Don Lemon, exhibited a similar lack of self-awareness.
https://www.rt.com/usa/526934-rogan-...r-cnn-ratings/

Old July 13th, 2021 #100
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
CNN Medical Analyst Wen: Life ‘Needs to Be Hard’ for Unvaccinated Americans

PAM KEY 11 Jul 2021

CNN medical contributor Dr. Leana Wen said Friday that life needs to be “hard” for Americans who have not received a coronavirus vaccine with “twice weekly testings.”
(...)
It needs to be hard for people to remain unvaccinated. Right now, it’s kind of the opposite. It’s fine. It’s easy if you’re unvaccinated. You can do anything you want to do anyway. At some point, these mandates by workplaces, by schools, I think it will be important to say, hey, if you want to opt-out, you have to sign these forms, get twice weekly testing. Basically, we want to make getting vaccinated the easy choice.
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...ted-americans/

Tags
cnn, fake news, jeff zucker, jim acosta

Thread