VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 27th, 2018 #21
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
Yes.

No beef w/ you pal , yet I don't really understand what a cat staring into the horizon of a sunset in the city has to do with the 'balance of the force' . .

Quote:
We have a very funny translation for the movie "Star Wars I", but only those who know Russian and watched famous Soviet movies (especially the movie Kin-dza-dza! 1986) will be able to evaluate it.

It is called Storm in the glass / Буря в стакане (2004).

Quote:
I've never heard of this band before. Now I know about it.
Ain't the "Grand Prix D'Eurovision De La Chanson" broadcast in Russia ?

( rethorical question , I admit ) . . .

Above one of the most famous "Grand Prix" songs . . .

Quote:
I did not understand the exact meaning of the question.

Do you want to know how Russia got to know the movies?

or

Do you want to know what impression the movies made in Russia?
. . . the impression

Quote:
Not bad. But not as fun as Dschinghis Khan
For the sake of completion . . .

Quote:
I do not know how they to do it in Germany.
Germany used to be called the "country of poets and thinkers . ."

Sometimes , maybe , they philosophize too much . . .

Believe me , I've heard interpretations about Star Wars I better do not even share here . . .

So , how is Star Wars as such received in Russia?

Oh , and as a musical "candy" for you , what do you think about this Star Wars related song ?

Old November 2nd, 2018 #22
ColdFire
Banned

Concerning this thread in general . .

Once again , how I view Star Wars as such . .

I do not know if there is something to the rumours that George Lucas' dad was a member of the KKK . .

Concerning George himself . .

I do not think he studied anthropology for nothing . .

He probably is deeply interested in . . ahemm . . 'human differences' . .

Also , he has that kind of stare in his eyes which is typical for groid-haters if you ask me . . .

( do not be fooled by him later supposedly giving groids a place in his life or in Star Wars , he has to keep it with the Hollywood kikes or his movies won't be published . . .)

Like I said , Star Wars is all about 'light' vs. 'dark'.

On all levels.

I don't think one could ever paint the bad guys darker and the good guys lighter tbh , even to the point of skin . . .

In fact it is light < - - - > dark thinking uplifted to a theological level.

The Jedi Knights are the guardians of the republic . . Inside the USA the KKK also takes the stand to be there to protect the Anglo-Saxon republic and it rejects darkies . . .

Also , look at the history of the Sith order . . .

A few betraying Jedi turned to 'the dark side' , came into contact with an ape-like humanoid species . . .

. . called 'the Sith' , in time even miscegenated with each other , giving the whole phenomenon the name 'Sith' . . .

Also , the bad guys are often portrayed as 'primitive savages' , swarthy and even with body paint . .

Old November 8th, 2018 #23
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
No beef w/ you pal , yet I don't really understand what a cat staring into the horizon of a sunset in the city has to do with the 'balance of the force' . .
In my opinion this photo contains serenity. And serenity is a sign of balance between opposing forces

Quote:
Ain't the "Grand Prix D'Eurovision De La Chanson" broadcast in Russia ?

Toto Cutugno- Insieme

( rethorical question , I admit ) . . .

Above one of the most famous "Grand Prix" songs . . .
I do not know. I haven't watched TV for a long time.

Toto Cutugno was well known in Russia in the 1980s. Eurovision contest is also well known in Russia.

Quote:
. . . the impression
Of course, these impressions ranged from "an unforgettable impression" to "this was the first movie during which I fell asleep."

This movie is addressed to young people. And young people get a stronger impression of it than adults people. You should also understand that Soviet youth watched this movie about 10 years after its creation. And their impression could not be as strong as in the United States during its creation.

For the first time, Soviet young people saw the movie in the youth program, which showed fragments of the movie for three minutes in 1989. The first official release of the movie on the screens of Soviet cinemas occurred in 1990.

These are Soviet posters for this movie

Shortly thereafter, video salons were opened by private entrepreneurs. And we just washed away with a wave of American movies. And against the background of this glut of movies for us, Star Wars were not something special, at least for me.

Quote:
For the sake of completion . . .

Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan
I have heard this song many times
Only then I did not know it name and the name of the musical band.

Quote:
Germany used to be called the "country of poets and thinkers . ."

Sometimes , maybe , they philosophize too much . . .

Believe me , I've heard interpretations about Star Wars I better do not even share here . . .

So , how is Star Wars as such received in Russia?
I have already answered this question above.
I can add that I watched a lot of American movies for the first time in a video salon:

Back to the Future, The Thing, Lethal Weapon, Rocky, Mad Max, Indiana Jones, Tango & Cash, The Terminator, RoboCop, Rambo, Ghostbusters, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Overboard, Commando, The Running Man, Over The Top, Predator, Conan the Barbarian, Red Heat, Alien, Dune, Escape from New York, Red Sonja, Dead Heat, A Fish Called Wanda, License to Drive, Twins, Brewster's Millions, Think Big, Ruthless People.

This is certainly not a complete list. And I received this injection consisting of movies not gradually over many years, but over a rather limited amount of time. Against this backdrop, Star Wars is just one of the good movies.

Quote:
Oh , and as a musical "candy" for you , what do you think about this Star Wars related song ?

Pretty Fly For A Jedi - Music Video
Of course I heard the original of this song.

I do not understand the sounds of English words well. Therefore, I can not perceive the whole meaning of the video.

Old November 8th, 2018 #24
ColdFire
Banned

Cool A long time ago , in a country far , far in the east . .

Quote:
In my opinion this photo contains serenity. And serenity is a sign of balance between opposing forces
Well . . . .

. .

. . for the record , do you happen to know where this picture hails from ?

( I tried to figure it out by trying to decipher the inscription on the shop above the cat's head ( if it is cyrillic , chances are , the picture was taken in Russia ) , yet even though I zoomed the picture I couldn't decipher it . .) . .

Quote:
I do not know. I haven't watched TV for a long time.
Neither have I , dude . .Yet the Grand Prix is famous and usually is announced long before. .
Quote:
Toto Cutugno was well known in Russia in the 1980s.
I think this is one of the most famous song worldwide . .

Quote:
Eurovision contest is also well known in Russia.
Thanks for clarifying . .

Quote:
Of course, these impressions ranged from "an unforgettable impression". . .

. . couldn't resist

Quote:
. . to "this was the first movie during which I fell asleep."
. . annoying . .most annoying . .

. .

Quote:
This movie is addressed to young people. And young people get a stronger impression of it than adults people. You should also understand that Soviet youth watched this movie about 10 years after its creation. And their impression could not be as strong as in the United States during its creation.

For the first time, Soviet young people saw the movie in the youth program, which showed fragments of the movie for three minutes in 1989. The first official release of the movie on the screens of Soviet cinemas occurred in 1990.

These are Soviet posters for this movie

The pictures are interesting . . Yet , TBH , I do not really get a clue out of them ( apart from the fact of me being next to illiterate in cyrillic . . lol . . Gotta admit )

Quote:
I have heard this song many times
. . not surprising . .

It was a smash hit back then . .

Even though it deals with one the most cruel men in history . .

Genghis Khan . .

On this occasion I would like to make you a witness of me thanking our Russian brothers and sisters for fighting the Mongols for eons . .

Quote:
Only then I did not know it name and the name of the musical band.
Be sure to check out more of their stuff . . .

Quote:
Of course I heard the original of this song.

I do not understand the sounds of English words well. Therefore, I can not perceive the whole meaning of the video.
http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/%22Weir...Fly_For_A_Jedi

. .

Oh , and for the record . .

Last edited by ColdFire; November 8th, 2018 at 01:19 PM.

Old November 10th, 2018 #25
Ray Allan

Question for Alex Him: Have you ever seen Solaris and the 1964 Czechoslovak film Ikaria XB-1, known in the US as Voyage to the End of the Universe? Both very good, but I never read Stanislaw Lem's original novels both films were based on.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 10th, 2018 #26
Crowe

The Empire = evil nazis. And The Republic = allies. The entire narrative is just a semitic "feel good" story, that used actual historical fiction as a basis for the Science Fiction story. That's why I hate Star Wars. And that's why we should attack Star Wars.

Old November 10th, 2018 #27
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Well . . . . . .

. . for the record , do you happen to know where this picture hails from ?

( I tried to figure it out by trying to decipher the inscription on the shop above the cat's head ( if it is cyrillic , chances are , the picture was taken in Russia ) , yet even though I zoomed the picture I couldn't decipher it . .) . .
https://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1091

Quote:
The pictures are interesting . . Yet , TBH , I do not really get a clue out of them ( apart from the fact of me being next to illiterate in cyrillic . . lol . . Gotta admit )
It informs about the same things as on other posters:
a name of the movie,
a country that made the movie,
a genre of the movie,
names of the director and actors.

The genre is defined here as a galactic western.

Quote:
On this occasion I would like to make you a witness of me thanking our Russian brothers and sisters for fighting the Mongols for eons . .
Thank you.
But this is not our achievement; this is our destiny.

Old November 10th, 2018 #28
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Question for Alex Him: Have you ever seen Solaris and the 1964 Czechoslovak film Ikaria XB-1, known in the US as Voyage to the End of the Universe? Both very good, but I never read Stanislaw Lem's original novels both films were based on.
Of course, I know the name of Stanisław Lem. But I did not read his books and did not watch these movies.

Have you read "Plutonia" by Vladimir Obruchev?

Old November 11th, 2018 #29
Ray Allan

Quote:
Of course, I know the name of Stanisław Lem. But I did not read his books and did not watch these movies.

Have you read "Plutonia" by Vladimir Obruchev?
I have not read this book. I will have to look it up.

Old December 17th, 2018 #30
ColdFire
Banned

@ Alex and Ray . .

. . but I think we might all agree that 'Battlestar Galactica' just sucks . . .

Old December 17th, 2018 #31
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
@ Alex and Ray . .

. . but I think we might all agree that 'Battlestar Galactica' just sucks . . .
I have not watched this movie.

Old December 18th, 2018 #32
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

Quote:
I have not watched this movie.
. . actually a movie and a T.V. series both . .

But . .don't worry man . .you ain't missed anything

TBH , I think only intergalactic jerks might enjoy this cheap Star Wars copy

I think ,should "aliens from outer space" ever visit our earth and they are exposed to an episode of "Battlestar Galactica" they'd probably be like. .
. . . probably in a way not even the late Perry Rhodan could ever contrive . . .

Old December 20th, 2018 #33
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

@Alex . .

Just wondering . .

How is 'Stargate' received in Russia ?

. . you know , that stuff . .

. . ?

And . . how 'big' is the science-fiction genre in Russia anyway . .?

. .after all , you had the first man in space . .

Remember ?

Mister Gagarin

Old December 21st, 2018 #34
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
@Alex . .

Just wondering . .

I don’t remember whether I ever watched the whole movie or only watched fragments of it.

That there are several series on this topic I did not know until this moment.

I am not able to assess the impact of the movie on the Russian public. I don’t even know in what units of measurement it would be possible to measure the degree of such impact. Obviously it was smaller than Star Wars.

Nevertheless, there are clubs of fans of this franchise on the Internet.

Quote:
I guess it is much smaller. However, somehow it is difficult for me to evaluate, since I do not belong to the number of fans of science-fiction.

I was fond of science-fiction mainly in childhood. At that time, my father bought mostly foreign science fiction books and I read them, especially Harry Harrison and Robert Sheckley.

I was greatly impressed by novel of Theodore Thomas and Kate Wilhelm The Clone.

Quote:

Remember ?

Mister Gagarin
Are you seriously?

If you are serious, I would recommend that you stay away from Ray.

I find it hard to imagine what he will do to you for such "blasphemy" when you meet him.

Old December 21st, 2018 #35
ColdFire
Banned

Smile

Quote:
I don’t remember whether I ever watched the whole movie or only watched fragments of it.

That there are several series on this topic I did not know until this moment.

I am not able to assess the impact of the movie on the Russian public. I don’t even know in what units of measurement it would be possible to measure the degree of such impact. Obviously it was smaller than Star Wars.

Nevertheless, there are clubs of fans of this franchise on the Internet.

I guess it is much smaller. However, somehow it is difficult for me to evaluate, since I do not belong to the number of fans of science-fiction.

I was fond of science-fiction mainly in childhood. At that time, my father bought mostly foreign science fiction books and I read them, especially Harry Harrison and Robert Sheckley.

I was greatly impressed by novel of Theodore Thomas and Kate Wilhelm The Clone.

Are you seriously?

If you are serious, I would recommend that you stay away from Ray.

I find it hard to imagine what he will do to you for such "blasphemy" when you meet him.
Alex ,

I responded privately ( PM) to a certain fragment of your post. .

Hope you don't mind . .

Old December 27th, 2018 #36
ColdFire
Banned

. . what makes me wonder is why nobody has claimed Lucas is a jew in this thread . . .

He is always under the suspicion of being one . .

. .with a last name like 'Lucas' . .

. .

. . but no ,he is of mostly Anglo-Saxon and Swiss- German ancestry . . .

Also , he doesn't look kike at all . .

He was even raised methodist ( ! ) . .

. . that's the symbol the Methodists use . .

. .like I said ,not sure about the claims of George Lucas' dad being in the KKK yet the founder of the second era klan was one methodist priest , William Joseph Simmons . .

Old February 17th, 2019 #37
ColdFire
Banned

. . correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Lucas also use 'prominent' names/expressions for his 'bad guys' in Star Wars ?

The 'Sith' phenomenon could be a name allusion to 'Set' ( isn't there a 'satanic' organisation out there called 'The Temple Of Set' ? ) . .

Or even the names of existing tribes of 'darkies' as allusion for his Sith-phenomenon . .?

For example there is a Sith-tribe in his saga called the 'Massassi' . . maybe a name-allusion to the African tribe of the 'Maasai' ?

Anyway . . I think the basic concept which could be seen shining through Star Wars ( despite later being touched by political correctness ) is. . The 'good' guys = 'light'- figures ; the bad guys = swarthy , primitive savages . . .

Last edited by ColdFire; February 17th, 2019 at 02:31 AM.

Old February 17th, 2019 #38
Ray Allan

Talking ColdFire--Sinner! Blasphemer!

Quote:
@Alex . .

Just wondering . .

. . ?

Remember ?

Mister Gagarin
I just now saw this post. Yes, Gagarin was the first man in space...but the photo is the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova.

Old February 17th, 2019 #39
ColdFire
Banned

Smile Ray = detective mind topped only by "Holmes" . . better be sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I just now saw this post. Yes, Gagarin was the first man in space...but the photo is the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova.
Holy swastika . .! Great allfather Wotan . .!

(whichever you prefer, lol )

. .how could I be so blind . .

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not too keen on post-war Soviet history . .

Otherwise such a mistake wouldn't have occured . .

lol

Just googled Google Images for "gagarin" and . . .

. . I was merely familiar with the name "Gagarin" . .

Thanks for detective work ,Ray

Old February 17th, 2019 #40
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Holy swastika . .! Great allfather Wotan . .!

(whichever you prefer, lol )

. .how could I be so blind . .

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not too keen on post-war Soviet history . .

Otherwise such a mistake wouldn't have occured . .

lol

Just googled Google Images for "gagarin" and . . .

. . I was merely familiar with the name "Gagarin" . .

Thanks for detective work ,Ray
Yuri has a fan base.

https://yurisnight.net/

Thread