VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 29th, 2021 #521
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
LOL

Upset by its name, I think, not its performance. The outcry over it made me wish I was a gambler so I could pull their trigger some more.
What's in a name? there is a horse in Ireland also a chaser called 5 Chimneys I have never heard of "upset" in regard to a racehorses name

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 29th, 2021 #522
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
What's in a name? there is a horse in Ireland also a chaser called 5 Chimneys I have never heard of "upset" in regard to a racehorses name
Maybe they were Scottish.

I just found it so funny to see the outcry that it should be renamed.

Old October 29th, 2021 #523
andy

Quote:
Maybe they were Scottish.

I just found it so funny to see the outcry that it should be renamed.
You should stay away from jocks a more miserable whining demographic unknown on earth

Old October 29th, 2021 #524
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
You should stay away from jocks a more miserable whining demographic unknown on earth
Seeing that my DNA results say I am 5% Scottish, I am now 5% offended.

I am also 7% Irish - any suggestions?

Old October 29th, 2021 #525
Henry.

Quote:
Don't let John Tate know that.

Old October 29th, 2021 #526
andy

Quote:
Seeing that my DNA results say I am 5% Scottish, I am now 5% offended.

Keep it to yourself that you were that insecure about your own racial origin you had a DNA test.

Old October 29th, 2021 #527
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Keep it to yourself that you were that insecure about your own racial origin you had a DNA test.
I most certainly was not insecure! I did it for genealogical purposes and very helpful it was too.

Old October 29th, 2021 #528
andy

Quote:
I most certainly was not insecure! I did it for genealogical purposes and very helpful it was too.
Therapeutic reassurance always a help i 'spose.
your genes know nothing of nationality perhaps they should (it would solve many problems) but they do not.
I Found more satisfaction and confirmation in my blood group which supported other cultural and natural evidence not previously explained by surname and location.

Old October 29th, 2021 #529
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Therapeutic reassurance always a help i 'spose.
your genes know nothing of nationality perhaps they should (it would solve many problems) but they do not.
I Found more satisfaction and confirmation in my blood group which supported other cultural and natural evidence not previously explained by surname and __cpLocation.
Well, it shows you enough nationality if you have enough DNA matches with other people on whichever site you use. I found enough matches at the second/third cousin level of the right McD's in Co. Clare to fill in quite a significant gap, for example. A gap caused in part, I might add, by the catholic church taking it upon themselves to register folk with completely the wrong names such as a William being baptised Willelmus and also by the census defining women by their marital status - Widow Surname was how one of my ancestors was documented.

I've never understood your thing with the blood groups. Which blood group is acceptable and which is a definite no-no?

Old October 29th, 2021 #530
andy

Quote:
Well, it shows you enough nationality if you have enough DNA matches with other people on whichever site you use. I found enough matches at the second/third cousin level of the right McD's in Co. Clare to fill in quite a significant gap, for example. A gap caused in part, I might add, by the catholic church taking it upon themselves to register folk with completely the wrong names such as a William being baptised Willelmus and also by the census defining women by their marital status - Widow Surname was how one of my ancestors was documented.

I've never understood your thing with the blood groups. Which blood group is acceptable and which is a definite no-no?
Like everything else subjective opinion but a good introduction for cause and effect processes for blood type determining diet, disease prevention, even lifestyle and personality (opinion).
That said I can see the biddies of county Clare cackling at one of "their own"

https://www.thrombocyte.com/a-positi...od-type-facts/

The peasants of Ireland were ill served by the Catholic Church in Ireland as they were by the Protestant Church. Both are power structural systems of control for the ruling class and still are today.

Favouring the left seen as a natural reaction by later born Celtic children(pre 45 eugenics) as a genetic reaction to the inherent weakness of the left noted in Celts as far back as the Roman's known in the 20th century as marie tooth syndrome.

Old October 29th, 2021 #531
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Like everything else subjective opinion but a good introduction for cause and effect processes for blood type determining diet, disease prevention, even lifestyle and personality (opinion).
That said I can see the biddies of county Clare cackling at one of "their own"

https://www.thrombocyte.com/a-positi...od-type-facts/

The peasants of Ireland were ill served by the Catholic Church in Ireland as they were by the Protestant Church. Both are power structural systems of control for the ruling class and still are today.

Favouring the left seen as a natural reaction by later born Celtic children(pre 45 eugenics) as a genetic reaction to the inherent weakness of the left noted in Celts as far back as the Roman's known in the 20th century as marie tooth syndrome.
I think mine is O - I know it's the most common group. I'm going to have a google around and see if I can find a similar site for my group.

You're right on the protestant church being the same as the catholic church - I think what it was - certainly in the 1700s and 1800s - the clergy were usually one of the very few who could actually write and they put down Latin names in the registers rather than the more common form. The peasants couldn't read the certificate so couldn't correct it and no harm was done until hundreds of years later when folks are digging around in the records.

Funny - I never thought being left handed was genetic but I've seen enough marriage certificates where the signature (or more commonly the His/Her Mark) was smudged (always a sign of a lefty using a right handed nib) that I've come to the conclusion it must be genetic.

Old October 29th, 2021 #532
Henry.

Oh fuck. Is it neg?

Old October 29th, 2021 #533
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
Oh fuck. Is it neg?
I think it might well be, why? I know it's the one they can give to anybody if I were to donate it.

Old October 29th, 2021 #534
Henry.

Quote:
I think it might well be, why? I know it's the one they can give to anybody if I were to donate it.
That's the one. I believe it's more common in Ireland than modern London.

Last edited by Henry.; October 29th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

Tags
betting, friday, gossip, horse racing, jokes, nutzpah, off topic, post anything, random, satire, spoof

Thread