Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 11th, 2004 #1
konkwista88

Default some ideas

I think there should be a few minor changes to make the VNN main page more appealing. Perhaps the most recent cartoon/promo on the front page itself, before the latest news stories. Also convert the promos/cartoons selections from "list" to "thumbnail"...

If you are a newcommer to the VNN page and are only somewhat aware of race and jews, how would you react?

I think this is the question that should be focused on while the tabloids are being distributed.

Take my advice for what it is worth

Old November 12th, 2004 #2
konkwista88

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Old November 12th, 2004 #3
kabinger

I think more of a newbie introduction to the jewish question in general is in order. Good points.

Old November 27th, 2004 #4
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Kind Lampshade Maker

Free WN music cell phone ringtones for new subscribers

Old November 27th, 2004 #5
brutus

brutus

RE: konkwista88

Quote:
I think there should be a few minor changes to make the VNN main page more appealing. Perhaps the most recent cartoon/promo on the front page itself, before the latest news stories. Also convert the promos/cartoons selections from "list" to "thumbnail"...

If you are a newcommer to the VNN page and are only somewhat aware of race and jews, how would you react?

I think this is the question that should be focused on while the tabloids are being distributed.
Take my advice for what it is worth
My wife and I are distributing the tabloid. And we are very mindful of your concerns.

We realize that this tabloid’s content as well as the VNN website is geared for the smarter individual and not the masses.

The tabloid’s target market strategy is to seek-out the brighter Whites, and initiate them with our cause. They will have the wherewithal to assimilate the revolutionary purpose of the material and see it’s relevance to the insane world that they are living in.

Most intelligent racially unaware Whites know that there is something terrible afoot in the world...........and they also instinctively know that the media isn’t being truthful with them. When they read the tabloid, they will see the logical propositions and brilliant truth contained within the words and naturally want to seek out more of the same.

As a cause..............We need to reach out to the White people with brains because they are our potential leaders. In turn, they are the people capable of self-motivation and who will eventually assist in the task of helping us attract the masses to our cause.

My wife and I are going to college campuses and handing the tabloid out, only to White men. If they want to engage us in a conversation we will oblige, keeping it non-confrontational and stressing love of our race. If they care to debate the issues at length, we respectfully point to the VNN website address on the front page of the tabloid and suggest that they visit, explore and ask their questions on the VNN forum, because all of the answers will be found there.

We also drive to the more upscale housing developments and toss rubber-band-bound rolled-up tabloids by the mailboxes.

We are planting seeds...............and we realize that many will fall upon the barren rock, and we don’t let that bother us. We are looking for those fertile minds in which our message will grow exponentially much like a nuclear chain reaction. The tabloid is the detonation device.

Old November 27th, 2004 #6
SkinnyMonkey

Total redesign of VNN main site is in order. There are several willing designers who are eager to do the work, but Alex won't allow it. I know, because I am one of them. Tom88 is another. I don't think Alex means to intentionally hamper our tabloid distro efforts by letting VNN languish with an early 1990's era interface; I think he just doesn't realize how bad it looks. Content is critical, but first impressions matter.

Old November 27th, 2004 #7
Abzug Hoffman

Abzug Hoffman

Try taking out all the stuff that is vulgar and stupid.

Old November 28th, 2004 #8
Paul Drake
Senior Heathen

Paul Drake

Nothing at all wrong with the 'look' or 'feel' of the Main Page. Nothing wrong with the content either. Regular, consistent up-dating will add more to itz professionalism and appeal than any cosmetic or substantive alterations. Professionalism is the operative word here.

NO HOPE WITHOUT ROPE

Old November 28th, 2004 #9
Angler

Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzug Hoffman
Try taking out all the stuff that is vulgar and stupid.
Profanity in particular should be a no-no.

Folks, I can curse like a sailor too, but when used to excess in a paper meant for public consumption, it will cause words like immature and fanatics to cross peoples' minds. The tabloid should be made to appear as sober-minded as possible. Let the revelatory nature of its content be what shocks people. Using profanity unnecessarily -- and it almost always is unnecessary -- makes one's efforts look cheap.

Just my humble opinion, no offense meant to anyone....

Old November 28th, 2004 #10
SkinnyMonkey

"Professionalism is the operative word here."

If most people think VNN looks professional, then I guess it's ok. However, I suspect most people are a bit more perceptive than Alex or yourself and they recognize the amateur design and layout for what it is. The content will not be effective if wrapped in a shitty package itz.

Old November 28th, 2004 #11
brutus

brutus

RE: SkinnyMonkey

Quote:
"Professionalism is the operative word here."

If most people think VNN looks professional, then I guess it's ok. However, I suspect most people are a bit more perceptive than Alex or yourself and they recognize the amateur design and layout for what it is. The content will not be effective if wrapped in a shitty package itz.
Isn’t it true, that most anything could be better then it is presently? There is more brainpower and professionalism behind the tabloid effort and concept then many are apparently aware.

The tabloid is a work in progress venture and in my personal opinion, it is a home run for the first two issues. The best I’ve ever seen? Yes, as far as an “all-White Publication” is concerned, it is terrific.

Is there need for improvement...........Yes, of course there is need for improvement, only a simpleton would say otherwise. And I strongly agree with some of the other's opinions and recommendations.

It will get better and constructive criticism motivated by the desire to see the tabloid become a success, is most welcome.

Old December 3rd, 2004 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

It's not true that I'm not open to changes. But last time I tried to change, it cost me a year's worth of original material, and lots of lost time. I don't need that kind of change. VNN has always been driven by smart material aimed at those who get it.

My first goal is the protection of what VNN currently has, and only secondly do I seek to improve it. Most of you cocksure you know how to improve VNN don't know what makes it valuable in the first place. Slickness and photos do not make for quality in what VNN is trying to do. That said, if we can come up with a way to add more content more easily, and remove some of the busy work that attends the current process, then we will.

Old December 3rd, 2004 #13
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler
Profanity in particular should be a no-no.

Folks, I can curse like a sailor too, but when used to excess in a paper meant for public consumption, it will cause words like immature and fanatics to cross peoples' minds. The tabloid should be made to appear as sober-minded as possible. Let the revelatory nature of its content be what shocks people. Using profanity unnecessarily -- and it almost always is unnecessary -- makes one's efforts look cheap.

Just my humble opinion, no offense meant to anyone....
seeing as how I have over 6500 posts, and about one in ten has the word "fuck" in it, I am really ]fucking offended at that! LOL

Just kidding.

Old December 3rd, 2004 #14
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder
It's not true that I'm not open to changes. But last time I tried to change, it cost me a year's worth of original material, and lots of lost time. I don't need that kind of change. VNN has always been driven by smart material aimed at those who get it.

My first goal is the protection of what VNN currently has, and only secondly do I seek to improve it. Most of you cocksure you know how to improve VNN don't know what makes it valuable in the first place. Slickness and photos do not make for quality in what VNN is trying to do. That said, if we can come up with a way to add more content more easily, and remove some of the busy work that attends the current process, then we will.
Jawohl, und do zey remember ze old Atari look, before the last facelift? People loved the old "garage band" look and style of VNN too!

Thread