VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 19th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Country music

Country music . .

. . orginal American music one might say.

Country music itself drew hard on the folklore the European settlers brought with themselves.
The main influence I believe . . Irish folk . .

Country music itself often displays the banjo.

Then there is the 'commercialized' version with electric guitars for example.

Like many things, even country music evolved.

. . it surely did evolve from its 'original' state . .

. . when country music was mainstream , i. e. the 'Wild West' , there were no electric guitars . .

Today they can be found in Country.

- - -
I heard that even until the 1950s , i. e. a time when the 'Wild West' was long passé , some towns in America still held on to 'country-celebrations' . . .

- - -

. . what do you think about country ?

It is indigenous Euro-American music if you will . .

As I have said on this forum before , the Irish I suppose culturally were the biggest Euro-American influence even to the point that 'Irish english' , i. e. the prounciation of Ireland , more or less became standard for North American English as opposed to British English which must still have prevailed at the time of the early colonies . .

All of American 'Wild West' culture is so reminiscent of Ireland , lol

Drinking whiskey , dancing reel , the 'redneck / hillbilly' culture lol , playing banjo . .

Which is explainable through the fact that from 1800 on more and more Irish settled there . .

The American 'Wild West' started at about 1800 , had its 'high phase' at about the middle of that century and officially 'ended' at 1900 when the west-expansion was finished . .

- - -

Still , country music is a part of Euro-American heritage. .

How do you view it ?

Old September 19th, 2019 #2
Owain Jones

You don't half post some made up nonsense.

Country music had nothing to do with the "Wild west", the two barely overlapped in history, or geography, nor is it particularly Irish, the Scots & English having a bigger contribution to it's rise.

Thread