Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 9th, 2021 #1
Lutador Branco

Default Emperors of ancient times - Real Faces

Last edited by Lutador Branco; April 12th, 2021 at 10:37 PM.

Old April 10th, 2021 #2
Ray Allan

I have seen the Roman Emperors video before, but the women were new.

They should have used Joaquin Phoenix or Christopher Plummer for Commodus. And Richard Harris or Alec Guinness for Marcus Aurelius. From Gladiator (2000) and Decline Of The Roman Empire (1964). Or Sophia Loren for one of the women.

Are those human models or very good computer animation?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 10th, 2021 #4
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I have seen the Roman Emperors video before, but the women were new.

They should have used Joaquin Phoenix or Christopher Plummer for Commodus. And Richard Harris or Alec Guinness for Marcus Aurelius. From Gladiator (2000) and Decline Of The Roman Empire (1964). Or Sophia Loren for one of the women.

Are those human models or very good computer animation?

Comrade Ray, to answer your question, this is the description of the professional responsible for the images:

''Panagiotis Constantinou
I was feeling bored one day and as a history enthusiast took up the challenge to recreate the real faces of roman emperors using several graphic design and video animation software. In my surprise, as these faces came to life I could see that to be a roman emperor you needed to be imposing, to have good, strong facial features.
You can clearly see the shift from the intelligent, philosopher, handsome look of the late 2nd Century AD emperors and the later rugged, heavy build faces of the so called "barracks emperors" during the 3rd century crisis.

Panagiotis Constantinou
Was created by using and modifying photos from ancient roman statues and accurate descriptions of the time about the subjects' physical appearance. Beginning with the Triumvirate, the Julio - Claudian dynasty and ending with Nero.
You may download hi-def photos for free here: https://belacheur.wixsite.com/designs...

Panagiotis Constantinou
A closer look, a detailed examination of emperor Nero's physical appearance as well as the important women in his life. The results were a bit surprising for we have shaped the wrong idea of his physical appearance by watching relevant historic films and documentaries.''

Old April 10th, 2021 #5
Lutador Branco

Description of the professional responsible for the images:

''Panagiotis Constantinou

A closer look, approaching and examining other statues and busts of Caligula, using a better process to produce a more accurate result, the real face of emperor Caligula, using several graphic design tools and animation software.''

Old April 11th, 2021 #7
Miguel Dias

Talking

Ave Imperium Romanorum!
Good to see actual truth.
Thanks, one gets confused about romans.
romans werent as different to Britons as one would think.
Europeans share much in common even when different phenotipically.
could you please do constantine the greats face?

Old April 11th, 2021 #8
Paul Anthony
Banned

I have a lot of respect for the "Roman Empire" but one needs to understand that they were involved and occupying North africa, the middle east, and what is today called "israel." The "Roman Empire" pushed a lot of the people living in those lands into Europe, which was largely "Roman Empire" of that time. So you wonder why the Spanish and Sicilians have a tan?!?

Old April 11th, 2021 #9
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Dias View Post
Ave Imperium Romanorum!
Good to see actual truth.
Thanks, one gets confused about romans.
romans werent as different to Britons as one would think.
Europeans share much in common even when different phenotipically.
could you please do constantine the greats face?

Constantine the Great is in the first video at 4:19.

Old April 11th, 2021 #10
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
I have a lot of respect for the "Roman Empire" but one needs to understand that they were involved and occupying North africa, the middle east, and what is today called "israel." The "Roman Empire" pushed a lot of the people living in those lands into Europe, which was largely "Roman Empire" of that time. So you wonder why the Spanish and Sicilians have a tan?!?

The Romans were not as strict about a national people's conscience as the Spartans were, but I imagine that there was a good preservation of the Aryan race within Italian territory itself.

Old April 12th, 2021 #11
Ray Allan

Interesting how Mr. Constantinou gave Caligula that evil-looking smile. I remember John Hurt's portrayal of him in I, Claudius where he did the same thing.

Old April 12th, 2021 #12
Lutador Branco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Interesting how Mr. Constantinou gave Caligula that evil-looking smile. I remember John Hurt's portrayal of him in I, Claudius where he did the same thing.

I also liked Panagiotis Constantinou's work on Caligula.

Old April 12th, 2021 #13
Lutador Branco

Panagiotis Constantinou

I was always wondering how the famous queen of Egypt really looked like, so I did my best to recreate her face as well as the faces of some other Ptolemy kings mixed with some historical facts about that Hellenistic kingdom.

Last edited by Lutador Branco; April 12th, 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Old April 12th, 2021 #14
Lutador Branco

Panagiotis Constantinou

This is perhaps the second part of the Ancient Greek real faces project, which analyses after a lot of research of historical sources that resulted with a design of Alexander the Great's real face, along with some facts about the Macedonian Greek king.

Last edited by Lutador Branco; April 12th, 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Old April 13th, 2021 #15
Ray Allan

An interesting "what if" of history is had Alexander not died suddenly and mysteriously at age 32, would he after consolidating his empire in the east, eventually turned west and conquered southern and western Europe, including Italy and a small city-state called Rome? Alexander was almost certainly aware of Rome's existence, Greece had contact and trade with the Romans and the Etruscans for a long time and Greeks already founded cities in Sicily and southern Italy. Had that happened the Roman Empire may never have arose and history would be quite different.

Old April 13th, 2021 #16
James Radov

The vid poster didnt like me making fun of his video and "axing where is we niggers wuz Caesars".. how quickly cunts deny "racisums" no matter the European topic..

Old April 13th, 2021 #17
Gladiatrix

Quote:
There were no Arabs in those lands back then. That came when the Muslims came in from the East. Same with Turkey.

Old April 13th, 2021 #18
Paul Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
There were no Arabs in those lands back then. That came when the Muslims came in from the East. Same with Turkey.
Well I was actually talking 2000 yrs back. There were no muslims 2000 years ago, but many of the tribes and people across N. africa and what today is israel were pushed into Roman territorys (modern europe) by the Romans.

The first Christians going back 2000 (in Rome) were'nt exactly Europeans!

Old April 13th, 2021 #19
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Well I was actually talking 2000 yrs back. There were no muslims 2000 years ago, but many of the tribes and people across N. africa and what today is israel were pushed into Roman territorys (modern europe) by the Romans.
They were different than the Arabs of today.

Old April 13th, 2021 #20
Paul Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
They were different than the Arabs of today.
Sure, but I don't think I said anything about arabs or muslims?!

Thread