View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2014 #10
Jimmy Marr

Below is the excised correspondence which took place as a series of exchanges via Facebook's message system.

Quote:
You do not have permission to use my likeness for any political purposes. Please remove any reference to me from your material. This is a professional request, please don't escalate it to a legal request.
Professional request?
When did hushing up news become a profession?

Quote:
You are not broadcasting any news. You do not belong to a credentialed news organization. There is no "fair use" coverage for you.

In addition, describing me as "anti-white" could be libelous.

You gonna write or litigate? If you do produce anything, send me a link as a professional courtesy.

Quote:
What I do is none of your concern. If you choose to decline my simple, polite request, I have been advised by the journalism school to consult with the university legal department. Your call, I just thought you might respect a professional request, man to man. I'm not some kid, and I'm not a trouble maker. I don't appreciate being involved or exploited for political purposes.

As far as production goes, your pictures ran on the university news website for a day. Dust in the wind, long since replaced.
You can't tolerate being "exploited" by me on behalf of our common ethno-genetic interests, but you're perfectly willing to offer up both of us as political fodder to institutional anti-Whiteism? Brilliant!

Quote:
I asked nicely. Your response is your choice. Good day.
You fail to see that I'm engaging you out of genuine concern for our mutual well being rather than out of fear of litigation. You did the same thing on the day we met. Even though I told you that I was recording you for the sake of documentary content rather than for security purposes as you suggested and offered you the opportunity to go off the record.

Quote:
Somebody with your history should be more familiar with fair use standards. I'm not going to discuss the matter with you any further until I have met with the legal department's journalism representative. It's my understanding that you may have violated my rights in two ways, and that needs to be resolved.