VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 21st, 2020 #1
Gladiatrix

Default Purdue Pharma Will Plead Guilty to Federal Charges Stemming from Opioid Crisis, Pay $8 Billion Settlement

"Purdue Pharma, the maker of Oxycontin, has agreed to plead guilty to three federal criminal charges in an $8 billion settlement related to their role in the opioid crisis, Justice Department officials told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

The settlement is the strongest effort to date by the Justice Department to hold a major drugmaker accountable for the opioid crisis in the U.S. Opioid overdoses have caused roughly 470,000 deaths in the country since 2000, as prescription painkillers including Oxycontin and fentanyl have flooded the U.S. market. The crisis is ongoing, with opioid overdose deaths topping 50,000 in 2019 and additional deaths coming in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

Purdue will admit to reporting misleading information to the Drug Enforcement Administration in order to increase production of Oxycontin. The company will also admit to falsely portraying the efficacy of its efforts to avoid “drug diversion,” or any process by which a medication is transferred from the intended patient towards illegal use.

The Sackler family, whose members own Purdue, will not be exempt from criminal liabilities as part of the plea deal. A 2019 court filing reviewed by the AP stated that the family made $13 billion off sales of Oxycontin, although a lawyer for the family have claimed the actual revenue was far less after taxes.

As part of the plea deal, the Sacklers would eventually leave Purdue and the drugmaker would be transformed into a public benefit company, operated by a trust that would balance needs of the company against those of American consumers."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/..._term=21852891

Old October 21st, 2020 #2
Stewart Meadows

Ah yes, the crooked jewish Sackler family...

Quote:
The Sackler family is an American family, many of whom are known for founding and owning the pharmaceutical company Purdue Pharma. Purdue Pharma, and by extension some members of the family, have faced criticism and lawsuits regarding overprescription of pharmaceutical drugs, including Oxycontin, and Purdue Pharma's role in the North American opioid crisis.[1][2][3]
(...)
The Sackler family are descendants of Isaac Sackler and his wife Sophie (née Greenberg), Jewish immigrants to the United States from Galicia (now Ukraine) and Poland,[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackler_family

Thank you for starting yet another important thread, Gladiatrix. I appreciate your work.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #3
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Ah yes, the crooked jewish Sackler family...

Thank you for starting yet another important thread, Gladiatrix. I appreciate your work.
Thank you, Stewart. If only I could contribute 1/10 what you do.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #4
Paul Anthony
Banned

"Rumors Persist That The CIA Helps Export Opium From Afghanistan"

https://kitoconnell.com/2015/09/19/r...m-afghanistan/

Last edited by Paul Anthony; November 26th, 2020 at 10:45 PM.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #5
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
Thank you, Stewart. If only I could contribute 1/10 what you do.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm just sorry that some pro-jewish, anti-white troll gave you a thumbs down for your OP in which you spotlighted this crooked jewish pharmaceutical company.

Here's an older article about the Sacklers from Times of Israel:

Quote:
Who are the Sacklers, the family at the center of the opioid crisis?

Jewish family, founder of Purdue Pharma and famous for philanthropy, has become notorious for causing mass-scale drug addiction. Will institutions reject their donations?

By BEN SALES
30 May 2019, 4:23 pm

NEW YORK (JTA) — In the 1930s, Mortimer and Raymond Sackler traveled to Scotland for medical school because, they said, American universities wouldn’t admit them as Jews.

Eighty years later, academic and cultural institutions the world over are deciding whether to reject the Sackler brothers’ children — not because of their religion but because of their actions.

Mortimer and Raymond Sackler are the late patriarchs of a US family under fire now for its central role in the opioid addiction crisis, which has led to hundreds of thousands of American deaths. The brothers’ giant pharmaceutical company, Purdue Pharma, is the manufacturer of OxyContin, one of the leading opioids on the market.

Mortimer died in 2010 and Raymond in 2017. Now their widows, along with five of their children and one grandchild, are being sued by three US states for allegedly committing a range of fraudulent and deceptive practices in the marketing of OxyContin. Purdue reached a $270 million settlement with the state of Oklahoma in March.

Before becoming notorious for painkillers, the Sacklers were noted for their philanthropy. So a range of museums and schools are grappling with what to do with the wings, schools and chairs named for them. A couple of Jewish institutions, including Tel Aviv University, face that dilemma as well.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/who-ar...opioid-crisis/

Gee, why would anybody have a problem with jews? It has to be "antisemitism". Yeah, that's it.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #6
SmithAlex
Banned

The New Jersey ATtorney General is a Sikh, Gurbir Grewa

he is KICKIN ASS and takin names. This country has got so many worthless black AA attorney generals now doing NOTHING , all sorts of crimes are exploding.

to get a genuine Eliot Ness in modern days is awesome, who cares if he's a Sikh or Hindu or WHAT. Trump is the big head fake, The Great White Head Fake, this guy is the REAL THING

Old October 22nd, 2020 #7
SmithAlex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
"Rumors Persist That The CIA Helps Export Opium From Afghanistan"

https://kitoconnell.com/2015/09/19/r...m-afghanistan/
hell i was watching Washington Journal at the goddamn Secretary of State was on there, he was saying the heroin farmers, dealers were allies in the war on terrorism. I mean, he just flat out said, yeah, we are helping the heroin dealers and they are helping the US catch the 'terrorists', the people who are resisting the invasion of their country by evil foreigners

I guess if you are against the COVID vax depopulation program you're a terrorist too, which means they gonna bring in black hawk helicopters and c130 gunshits and shoot you from 6 miles away, too

Old October 22nd, 2020 #8
SmithAlex
Banned

you know I've been visiting message boards full of real hard core kikescum and that is all they talk about, the 'street shitters' and 'chinks, gooks'.

Guess what?? you're not the only ones that see the Jew. the Hindus, Sikhs, Asians are startin to see them too, and the Jews are reacting predictably to them being seen.

so what are the white hicks going to do next? listen to kikes and go mass murder Mexicans because they see the jew? like they did to Muslims, and Germans, and French and Italians and Japanese and.....

oh now , India will see the Jew so retard American hicks will be told to hate Hindus, or Chinese

exactly what's going on, and the problem is it's not just the white hicks, the city slicker faggots are just as stupid and controllable, not sure what this control the jews have over the whites is, probably Christianity but it's a real thing, a real spell that translates to real power and money and property.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #9
SmithAlex
Banned

of course the Jews always get a toe hold in China or India or some place like that by nesting amongst the worst elements in any country, the worst criminals because you can't really get super rich quick by playing by the rules and being honest, that's not their goal to become middle class honest hard working they want it ALL and they want it NOW.

So it is a forever battle between the forces of good and forces of evil martialed and arranged and empowered by the Jews and his hordes of US criminally insane psychotic soldiers of SAtan.

Old October 22nd, 2020 #10
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
Thank you for your kind words. I'm just sorry that some pro-jewish, anti-white troll gave you a thumbs down for your OP in which you spotlighted this crooked jewish pharmaceutical company.
We both know who that troll is. He downvotes you a lot as well as another guy on here. He's a deranged wanker.

Old October 23rd, 2020 #11
Erik T. White

All those billions, if there are more monetary lawsuits, will not begin to pay for the lives lost and lives ruined by these demon jews!!!!!! I saw addicts on rounds who were taking 640 mg of Oxycontin (TM) in 24 hours orally PLUS shooting up the regular release form by dissolving it in water and self-administering it IV, adding another 40 - 60 mg PER DAY!!! (Total dose of 1340 mg/24 hours!!!) Some even went higher in their doses. Although this appears inconceivable, I saw the patients up close and personal. I also saw people who got oxycodone in combination with acetaminophen (generic for Tylenol (TM)) and they self-administered this combination intravenously. I've personally had to have rather large doses of opioids after surgeries in my life but I just don't have an addictive type of personality.

I'd like to see the jews responsible for the opioid abuse epidemic thrown into a medieval dungeon with all of the devices which cause harm. I saw nurses I liked on a professional level become addicts as well as people from all walks of life.

Just to make jews rich.

Old October 23rd, 2020 #12
Paul Anthony
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithAlex View Post
hell i was watching Washington Journal at the goddamn Secretary of State was on there, he was saying the heroin farmers, dealers were allies in the war on terrorism. I mean, he just flat out said, yeah, we are helping the heroin dealers and they are helping the US catch the 'terrorists', the people who are resisting the invasion of their country by evil foreigners

I guess if you are against the COVID vax depopulation program you're a terrorist too, which means they gonna bring in black hawk helicopters and c130 gunshits and shoot you from 6 miles away, too
Back in the early 2000s I lost most of my Right-Wing friends because I never bought into the "war on terror" and I never liked the bushes. 9/11 was an inside job. The bushes are globalists. And here we are fighting a n3w world ord3r take over where little greta will become president.

Old October 23rd, 2020 #13
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking opioids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
All those billions, if there are more monetary lawsuits, will not begin to pay for the lives lost and lives ruined by these demon jews!!!!!! I saw addicts on rounds who were taking 640 mg of Oxycontin (TM) in 24 hours orally PLUS shooting up the regular release form by dissolving it in water and self-administering it IV, adding another 40 - 60 mg PER DAY!!! (Total dose of 1340 mg/24 hours!!!) Some even went higher in their doses. Although this appears inconceivable, I saw the patients up close and personal. I also saw people who got oxycodone in combination with acetaminophen (generic for Tylenol (TM)) and they self-administered this combination intravenously. I've personally had to have rather large doses of opioids after surgeries in my life but I just don't have an addictive type of personality.

I'd like to see the jews responsible for the opioid abuse epidemic thrown into a medieval dungeon with all of the devices which cause harm. I saw nurses I liked on a professional level become addicts as well as people from all walks of life.

Just to make jews rich.
My neighbor is a surgeon that works in the burn center of a big NYC hospital who became addicted to opioids, he's been in rehab a number of times and just cant kick it. He's always offering me a couple of oxy's the way some friends offer you weed or a beer but I politely refuse.

On the other hand, my late wife who was prescribed all kinds of pain meds for her RA and hardly ever used them. After she died I found thousands of pills stashed in her closet which I flushed down the toilet to the total chagrin of some family and friends.

Me, I love the burn of pain ...I hope that I go out in bloody fucking agony knowing I was betrayed by my closest associates, the way Julius Caesar did. The real war in this life is within yourself most people don't see that.

My hounds now call me for their morning Scooby snacks ...

Last edited by T.Garrett; October 23rd, 2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Old October 23rd, 2020 #14
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking bad doggies

Which reminds me, I have to chain these nigger hating canines up good next week lest some little black kid trick o treatin here ends up dinner for 'em

Old October 23rd, 2020 #15
T.Garrett
Banned

Thumbs down snarky bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
We both know who that troll is. He downvotes you a lot as well as another guy on here. He's a deranged wanker.
Not that it really matters, I down thumb everything you write on VNNF same as you do me ...Stewy, no. You are a liar.

Old September 2nd, 2021 #16
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Opioid crisis settled? US judge grants Sackler family IMMUNITY in $4.5bn bankruptcy deal for OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma

2 Sep, 2021 03:12 / Updated 14 hours ago

Purdue Pharma, the maker of the powerful opioid OxyContin, will be dissolved after a federal judge approved a $4.5 billion settlement deal with the firm’s owners, who will be granted immunity from future lawsuits in exchange.

Judge Robert Drain of the US Bankruptcy Court in White Plains, New York authorized the settlement on Wednesday, forcing the Sackler family – which owns Purdue – to shell out more than $4 billion and dissolve the company after a flurry of lawsuits linked to OxyContin and its role in America’s opioid crisis.

“This is a bitter result,” Drain said of the deal, which released the Sacklers from future liability in opioid-related civil cases. The judge noted that Purdue’s products had contributed to a “massive public health crisis” that’s led to hundreds of thousands of overdose deaths and a wave of addiction, and voiced frustration that large amounts of the Sacklers’ family fortune is stored in offshore accounts.
https://www.rt.com/usa/533702-purdue...id-settlement/

Old June 1st, 2023 #17
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
The Sacklers, Jewish family behind OxyContin, will pay $6B in deal that shields them from lawsuits

BY ANDREW LAPIN MAY 31, 2023 6:20 PM UPDATED JUNE 1, 2023 9:50 AM

The Sackler name was on a number of institutions, including this wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City that hours the famed Egyptian Temple of Dendur. (Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

(JTA) – The Sackler family, the Jewish billionaires whose marketing of the painkiller drug OxyContin fueled the United States’ ongoing opioid epidemic, will receive full immunity from all civil legal claims in exchange for spending up to $6 billion on addiction treatment and prevention programs.

The decision to grant immunity by a federal appeals court panel Tuesday effectively ends the thousands of civil lawsuits that have been filed against Purdue Pharma, the Sacklers’ company, over opioid deaths.

But it clears the way for the company to declare bankruptcy, a move considered essential to a plan to pay out billions of dollars to help states and communities address the opioid crisis. Of the up to $6 billion allocated under the deal, about $750 million will go to people who became addicted to OxyContin, and to family members of people who died from overdoses.

The ruling reverses a lower court’s 2021 ruling that bankruptcy proceedings were an improper tool for shielding wealthy private citizens from legal repercussions. It does not grant members of the Sackler family immunity against possible future criminal charges.
https://www.jta.org/2023/05/31/unite...-from-lawsuits

Old June 1st, 2023 #18
Farwell Kirk

Our current opioid problem is entirely the fault of Biden and the Democrat party because of the erasing of our Southern border. Is anyone going to sue them for billions of dollars?

Old June 1st, 2023 #19
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwell Kirk View Post
Our current opioid problem is entirely the fault of Biden and the Democrat party because of the erasing of our Southern border. Is anyone going to sue them for billions of dollars?
The globalist jews, their Chinese communist partners and Beijing Biden are working together to harm (white) Americans.

Quote:
REPUBLICANS Published April 27, 2023 12:00pm EDT

House Republican proposes bill to let Americans sue foreign countries like China, Mexico over fentanyl

China produces much of the fentanyl that is often trafficked into the US through Mexico

By Lacey Christ | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Lance Gooden, R-Texas, is introducing a bill that would allow civilians to seek justice from "persons, entities, or countries that knowingly or recklessly contribute" to the trafficking of fentanyl.

The ‘‘Justice Against Sponsors of Illicit Fentanyl Act of 2023’’ would provide victims of the fentanyl crisis "full access to the court system" to pursue civil claims against fentanyl traffickers and enablers, according to the bill text.

The fentanyl crisis kills nearly 200 Americans every day, according to the Department of Justice. Despite evidence that the People's Republic of China is the primary manufacturing source for illegal fentanyl, there is no venue for Americans to take on legal claims against the communist regime.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...-over-fentanyl

Old December 5th, 2023 #20
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Supreme Court presses Purdue Pharma on absolving Sackler family of opioid liabilities

Alexis Keenan·Reporter
Tue, December 5, 2023 at 12:17 AM GMT+1

The US Supreme Court heard arguments Monday in a case that could decide if the billionaire Sackler family that controlled OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma can use bankruptcy to shield their personal fortunes from future opioid-related liabilities.

At the heart of the case is the power of federal bankruptcy courts to sign off on settlement agreements that absolve parties outside the bankruptcy of legal responsibility without the consent of litigants. The agreements, known as third-party releases, have been used in bankruptcy proceedings for decades to end mass tort litigation against insolvent companies — and to distribute their assets to injured victims.

In exchange for a release from such claims, the Sacklers agreed through a series of negotiations to pay $6 billion to opioid victims and their families, as well as to state and local governments. The funds are meant to compensate victims for opioid-related injuries and deaths and to help the governments establish aid programs to combat opioid addiction.

According to the US Trustee, the supermajority of personal injury claimants who voted yes to the settlement included less than 50% of those eligible to vote. Other claimants wished to opt out of the settlement agreement and retain their right to sue.

During arguments, justices across the political spectrum questioned whether Congress, by passing bankruptcy laws, meant to deprive personal injury victims of their right to sue third parties not subject to the bankruptcy proceedings.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/supre...dfMAyu34OH8jK1

Thread