VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 6th, 2011 #21
Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
From a man who commissioned a painting of Marlene Dietrich.
Strange...Marlene Dietrich was an anti-Nazi propagandist who worked for communist Jews (aren't they all) and was very sympathetic to gypsies.

Everyone must know this...it's a fact.

Old June 7th, 2011 #22
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
Strange...Marlene Dietrich was an anti-Nazi propagandist who worked for communist Jews (aren't they all) and was very sympathetic to gypsies.

Everyone must know this...it's a fact.
You'd have enjoyed that thread. (I think it was before you joined.) It was a doozy - he completely refused to accept the whole Bernays/March for Freedom caper which is a documented fact of history and then had a painting of a smoking Dietrich commissioned in order to somehow win the argument. His position was that Bernays didn't break the taboo of women smoking - women would have smoked in public anyway and I was personalising the argument because I was a smoker, therefore I automatically lost.

Old June 7th, 2011 #23
andy

Fuck me the peters and lee of the ultra right

Chase them into the swamps

Old June 7th, 2011 #24
Barbie C.
Banned

Andy probably likes her for her rendition of this:

Old June 7th, 2011 #25
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Another Eastenders storyline features a gay couple, one of them muslim. (Note that they couldn't get a muslim actor to kiss another male actor, so they had to get an Italian to play him) and how dreadful that they can't have a baby. They've done surrogacy, that didn't work, so now they're looking at adoption. The nation has its fingers crossed that the muslim's parents stop their ridiculous bigotry and come through with the references and picture of happy home life that is needed.

Casualty touched on people smuggling last night with a depiction of terrible scars on an African (?) woman's back. Her sisted had died in the lorry they were smuggled in, so she hummed "Abide with me" to get her through her loss. Did you get that, nation? "Abide with me". She's a christian, just like you.
Last negro I paid any attention to while I was in London last month was at Holborn tube station on the central escalator thumping a niglet hard while doing some loud creative swearing.

The Beeb wouldn't cover that and nor would 'The Tube'. Instead they'd cover the drunk European people at Victoria tube station after the last train had gone being told by a kindly negro that this was the case.

Image is everything, reality is negotiable.

Old June 7th, 2011 #26
Henry.

This Commie Jew, Abraham Polonsky, wrote an anti-Nazi film for Dietrich in 1947. It was called Golden Earring, and she played a Hungarian gypo fighting 'Nazis.

Polonsky was once described as 'the most dangerous man in America' and in the interview below @11 min he tells how when he asked Marlene Dietrich for a kiss, she put him on his back and forced her tongue right down his Jewish throat.

What a classy Ayran, eh

Old October 13th, 2011 #27
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
Bev, what you are describing is (Frankfurt) Max Horkheimer's Critical Theory which is really the shaming and humiliating of white people. A form of psychological warfare that can be grounds for civil and even criminal action if one partner in a relationship tried to do something similar against the other (partner).

Here's a 27 page pdf you might find to be of interest.

http://gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/kellne...orysociety.pdf
First, sorry for the whiplash at seeing an old thread resurrected. (I was looking for where I had mentioned Eastenders and the mixed race "gay marriage" storyline.)

If a partner can sue the other one for perpetrating this sort of psychological warfare on them, why can't we sue the <in this case the BBC> the relevant body for doing it to us? Probably a rhetorical question, I know.

Could you get a court to agree that you had been pyschologically damaged by this type of enforced acceptance of culture? Not in Britain. I just want to get this down before it disappears, so it's a bit of a "stream of consciousness" post, not really organised or formulated in my mind, as of yet.

We don't have to enter into a contract with the BBC. We can kick the TV into touch and not buy a licence - I mean, if Asda contionually provided you with manky food, you'd soon say "sod this" and stop going there - the same applies to the BBC. But does it? If you want to watch, say, just sporting or educational channels on Sky, you still need a licence for the Beeb, even if you never watch the Beeb.

So you can just say to yourself - w"ell, I'm not watching Eastenders, but I do like Watchdog, and the news, or other BBC programmes" - then you're only using half of what you pay for. Is that right? Or is it comparable to buying a bag of Revels and throwing the coffee one away (and the orange one, if you spot it in time)?

And, to tie in with the last post, why are we constantly reminded of the attitudes of the stars? It's somehow considered a virtue of Dietrich's that she was a rabid anti-nazi. Who can forget the hilarity surrounding Mel Gibson's comment about jews and wars and the subsequent failure of his career - one minute he was pictured and photographed as a heart-throb and the next minute you never saw a picture of him where you didn't first-glance mistake him for a scruffy Saddam. Beckham and his media-described stylish and meaningful tattoos. Galliano and his terrible, terrible comments. Influencing the way we think by using the people we "know".

Tags
critical theory pdf, television

Thread