Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 10th, 2013 #1
Cora McGuire

Default Pax Dickinson fired over 'homophobic/sexist' tweets

New York Magazine reported Tuesday morning that Business Insider Chief Technology Officer Pax Dickinson has been forced to resign after his history of sexist and homophobic tweets drew industry-wide criticism on Monday. Henry Blodget, Business Insider’s CEO, confirmed Dickinson’s departure Tuesday afternoon, stating his tweets “do not reflect our values and have no place at our company.”

The controversy appears to have started after this year’s TechCrunch was roundly criticized for sexist and misogynist presentations. Tech Crunch apologized, but Dickinson mocked both the criticism and the apology on Twitter:

Of course someone decided to dig up some of his older tweets, and wow, lol, this guy really let it all hang out :

Lots more detail at site, but I have to say I admire his attitude in the face of his being let go:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/how-b...ers-cto-fired/

Old September 10th, 2013 #2
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Unnecessary self destruction, rather than let it all out he should have attempted to rise to the top, to rise to a position where he can make subtle changes, a race realist´s march through the institutions so to say.

Old September 10th, 2013 #3
Cora McGuire

But this is the problem with some "smart" people, isn't it? Here he is with all these brains and well earned success, but his understanding of the politically correct landscape upon which a White man operates now was warped. Was it his wealth and a (I assume) comfortable life that buffered him from seeing the hostile oncoming traffic that would end his career?

Why couldn't he foresee what anyone of us could?
Or maybe he just didn't give a shit?

Old September 10th, 2013 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Henry Blodget, Business Insider’s CEO, confirmed Dickinson’s departure Tuesday afternoon, stating his tweets “do not reflect our values and have no place at our company.”
When scamster Blodget grasps for moral high ground at your expense, you know it's a political lynching.

Old September 11th, 2013 #5
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora McGuire View Post
But this is the problem with some "smart" people, isn't it? Here he is with all these brains and well earned success, but his understanding of the politically correct landscape upon which a White man operates now was warped. Was it his wealth and a (I assume) comfortable life that buffered him from seeing the hostile oncoming traffic that would end his career?

Why couldn't he foresee what anyone of us could?
Or maybe he just didn't give a shit?
I´d guess he was arrogant, for some unfathomable reason he thought they wouldn’t get him. One thing´s for sure, he´s in deep shit, it´ll be a miracle if he ever finds employment in the journalism field again.

Last edited by Hugo Böse; September 11th, 2013 at 06:15 AM.

Old September 11th, 2013 #6
M.N. Dalvez

"Raped by a pack of niggers" and "his own fault for dressing like a whore" is stone-obviously a dig at Mel Gibson and his very well-publicised angry rant at his ex-wife over the phone.

He's not a 'race realist', just an idiot. What did he expect, free speech in the 'Kwa?

Too bad he lost his job over it, though.

Tags
business insider, feminism, free speech, pax dickinson, political correctness

Thread