VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 19th, 2020 #61
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
https://www.rt.com/russia/510142-sap...orno-karabakh/
The incident happened on Thursday on the road outside of the village of Shusha, with the blast delivering heavy wounds to the officer, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Friday.

Roadside IED, eh...

Old December 29th, 2020 #62
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Russia will intervene on Yerevan’s side if Azerbaijani troops move across border, Armenian PM Pashinyan insists

28 Dec, 2020 14:26

By Jonny Tickle

Armenia’s Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has said that Moscow will intervene if foreign forces encroach on his country’s territory. Russian peacekeepers are currently deployed on the Azeri-Armenian contact line.

Speaking to state-funded TV on Sunday, Pashinyan expressed his confidence in Russia's willingness to get involved in case of such an incursion.

In particular, Pashinyan was speaking about Syunik Province, in the country's southernmost region, which sits on the border with Azerbaijan. As a consequence of the autumn war between Baku and Yerevan, many villages in the province are now a stone's throw from Azerbaijani military positions and border posts. In some situations, such as the village of Shurnukh, the new border passes right through.
https://www.rt.com/russia/510924-yer...rder-conflict/

Old January 19th, 2021 #63
Stewart Meadows

Published today on the jewish news site JTA:

Quote:
In Azerbaijan, patriotic Jewish soldiers are poster children of the war with Armenia

BY CNAAN LIPHSHIZ JANUARY 19, 2021 5:18 PM

(JTA) — For decades, Rabbi Zamir Isayev has prayed on Shabbat mornings for the government of his native Azerbaijan, a Muslim-majority nation situated northwest of Iran.

Amid the recent deadly fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan over disputed territory, he has added a special prayer for the well-being of Azerbaijan’s soldiers, which he follows up with his regular prayer for Israeli troops.

“Israel is my country as a Jew. Azerbaijan is my country as an Azeri,” Isayev, 40, told the Jewish Telegraphic agency. He was born in Baku, the Azerbaijani capital, but grew up in Israel and served in its army.

Isayev’s patriotism is typical of Azeri Jews, one of the world’s oldest Jewish communities, whose synagogues often feature Azeri and Israeli flags as well as pictures of community members who gave their lives fighting for Azerbaijan and before that the Soviet Union.
(...)
“Azerbaijan has a lot of minorities: Russians, Christians, Iranians, even Armenians,” Isayev said, “but the Jews are seen here as especially loyal and cherished allies. We’re not just another ethnic minority here.”
(...)
Even when Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union, Jews were allowed to keep practicing their faith, making it an exception among Soviet republics.
https://www.jta.org/2021/01/19/globa...r-with-armenia

Old February 26th, 2021 #64
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Azerbaijan’s Jews postpone public Purim events in deference to national memorial day

FEBRUARY 25, 2021 9:48 AM

(JTA) — Leaders of the Jewish community of Azerbaijan have postponed public celebrations of Purim because the joyous Jewish holiday coincides this year with a national day of mourning.

This is the first time in many years that Purim falls on the anniversary of the Khojaly Massacre, an atrocity that occurred on Feb. 25, 1992, in which Armenian troops killed 613 Azerbaijanis in the city of Khojaly, according to Rabbi Zamir Isayev, chairman of Georgian Jewish community of Azerbaijan.

“This year, we are observing all the commandments of Purim indoors, but we’ve moved public displays to Feb. 28,” he said.

On Purim, Jews are commanded to drink alcohol, and it is customary to dress up, pull pranks and give out sweets and other gifts.
(...)
Children attending the two Jewish schools and the Jewish kindergarten of Baku, where most of Azerbaijan’s some 8,000 Jews live, asked students not to come wearing costumes, as they normally do on Purim, Isayev said.
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/azer...l-memorial-day

Old March 28th, 2021 #65
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Armenian PM Pashinyan to resign ahead of fresh election as protests & constitutional crisis rage on in wake of war with Azerbaijan

28 Mar, 2021 12:18 / Updated 9 hours ago

Nikol Pashinyan, Armenia’s embattled prime minister, has pledged to resign next month and prompt an election, amid pressure in the wake of the disastrous defeat to Azerbaijan in last year’s war over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh.

However, the Armenian leader said he has no intention to relinquish power. Instead he plans to remain as acting prime minister during the campaign before the general election, which he plans to contest. Pashinyan, who has been perceived as pro-Western, had earlier promised to hold the ballot on June 20.
https://www.rt.com/russia/519425-arm...n-resignation/

Old April 4th, 2021 #66
Paul Anthony
Banned

Unhappy

Fears grow WW3 could be triggered 'in a month' as Russian military seen 'on the move'

"Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer has warned WW3 could be sparked by rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine – and things could really kick off in early May."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wor...gered-23847342

Old April 4th, 2021 #67
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Anthony View Post
"Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer
He is a representative of the Russian branch of Western propaganda.

Jamestown Foundation Non-Resident Senior Fellow Pavel Felgenhauer

So what he says is what your government wants to tell you ostensibly on behalf of Russia. But Russia has nothing to do with this.

Old April 4th, 2021 #68
Paul Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
He is a representative of the Russian branch of Western propaganda.

Jamestown Foundation Non-Resident Senior Fellow Pavel Felgenhauer

So what he says is what your government wants to tell you. Russia has nothing to do with this.
Ahhh.. I'll take your word on that! To be honest I don't picture World War 3 starting over Ukraine!

Old April 4th, 2021 #69
Paul Anthony
Banned

Smile

To be fair to Alex Him, he woke me up to the fact Bulgaria was never a Soviet member Country. I didn't believe him at first, but I did some research and asked some of the older people there who lived through that time and Alex Him was correct!

Old April 4th, 2021 #70
Alex Him

Cool

Quote:
To be fair to Alex Him, he woke me up to the fact Bulgaria was never a Soviet member Country.
This is a clear illustration of your level of knowledge about the USSR.

Quote:
I didn't believe him at first, but I did some research and asked some of the older people there who lived through that time and Alex Him was correct!
This information could be checked on the Internet within two minutes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...e_Soviet_Union

Old April 4th, 2021 #71
Gladiatrix

Quote:
To be fair to Alex Him, he woke me up to the fact Bulgaria was never a Soviet member Country. I didn't believe him at first, but I did some research and asked some of the older people there who lived through that time and Alex Him was correct!
It was part of the Iron Curtain though.

Old April 5th, 2021 #72
Paul Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
It was part of the Iron Curtain though.
See that's where I got confused! I'm not a master chess player like Alex Him. Ahh.. but I do love the Balkans, and Black Sea! That's where I'm home!!

Old April 7th, 2021 #73
Paul Anthony
Banned

Finding info on the Ukraine/Russia situation in European MSM is difficult. I had to sift through all the "corona" bullshit first. I hate BBC and they give me a headache but they admit Russia is amassing troops near the boarder with Ukraine.

Russian 'troop build-up' near Ukraine alarms Nato

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56616778

Bildt: Kremlin escalating conflict with Ukraine is dangerous

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-56653029

Old April 10th, 2021 #74
Paul Anthony
Banned

MSM/Western reports are conflicting on the numbers but this British newspaper from 1 day ago says as many as 100,000 trooops on the Russian border. If this is true, given Russia's history they don't usually play around.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...dimir-23880564

Old April 10th, 2021 #75
Alex Him

Quote:
MSM/Western reports are conflicting on the numbers but this British newspaper from 1 day ago says as many as 100,000 trooops on the Russian border.
I was forced to translate it myself.

Comment by the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, on the actions of Kiev and Western countries to escalate tensions in Ukraine

April 7, 2021 - 18:00

We drew attention to the aggressive information campaign recently started by Ukraine and a number of Western countries that are trying to accuse Russia of escalating tensions in the Donbass and on the Russian-Ukrainian border. The aggravated situation in the east of Ukraine, provoked by the Kiev authorities themselves, as well as the planned military training activities of the Russian armed forces, which are regularly carried out on Russian territory during this period of time and do not exceed the scale of past years, were chosen as an excuse.

We consider such a policy of disinformation and propaganda as actions designed to create the necessary information background and divert attention from Kiev's military preparations in the Donbass, Ukrainian sabotage of the implementation of the Minsk agreements and an increase in the military activity of NATO countries in Ukraine.

Currently, Kiev continues to pull new forces and weapons to the contact line in Donbass and violate the ceasefire.

At the same time, there is an increase in the activity of the armed forces of NATO countries on the territory of Ukraine and in the Black Sea in the immediate vicinity of the Russian borders. In 2021, it is planned to conduct seven joint exercises on Ukrainian territory with various countries of the alliance. Intelligence activities of foreign states in Ukraine along the borders with Russia and the line of contact in Donbass have significantly intensified, using aircraft and electronic equipment. Financial and logistical support of the Ukrainian armed forces from NATO countries, the supply of lethal weapons, and the training of Ukrainian military personnel by Western instructors continue.

All this does not contribute to security in the region, the settlement of the conflict in Donbass and causes serious concern on the Russian side. We call on Ukraine and the NATO countries to end the hysterical Russophobic propaganda campaign, to stop military preparations and the escalation of tensions in Donbass and to refrain from actions that could lead to destabilization of the situation in eastern Ukraine. We stand for the settlement of the conflict in Donbass exclusively by peaceful means on an uncontested basis of the Minsk Package of Measures, approved by UN Security Council Resolution 2202.

The sourse of information - https://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy...ent/id/4667010

Old April 10th, 2021 #76
Paul Anthony
Banned

I appreciate you took the time to translate but it's a bit difficult to understand. Correct me if I'm wrong..

1. The article claims Ukraine violated the "ceasefire?"

2. Are there currently Russian troops on the border and how many??

Old April 10th, 2021 #77
Alex Him

Quote:
I appreciate you took the time to translate but it's a bit difficult to understand. Correct me if I'm wrong..

1. The article claims Ukraine violated the "ceasefire?"
Ukraine violates this constantly.

Here is the website of the representative office of the Donetsk People's Republic in the Joint Control and Coordination Center - https://dnr-sckk.ru/

For example

Daily summary of ceasefire violations for the period from 03:00 April 9 to 03:00 April 10

The Representation of the Donetsk People's Republic informs: over the past day, the total number of violations of the indefinite ceasefire by the Armed Forces of Ukraine was 3 times.

On the territory of the DPR, in violation of the Minsk agreements, as well as the armistice agreements, the following weapons were used:

Horlivka direction: automatic grenade launcher system (AGS) - 35 grenades.

Donetsk direction: mortars 82 mm - 1 time (2 mines); AGS - 6 grenades.

Mariupol direction: hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher (RPG) / automatic anti-tank grenade launcher (SPG) - 5 grenades; AGS - 20 grenades; small arms - 1 time.

The following areas / settlements were in the shelling zone from the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: Dolomitnoye, Veseloe, Leninskoye.

No civilian casualties or damage to civilian infrastructure were recorded during the reporting period.

The total number of ammunition used by the Armed Forces of Ukraine is 68 units.
https://dnr-sckk.ru/ezhednevnaya-svo...-10-aprelya-2/

Quote:
2. Are there currently Russian troops on the border and how many??
I don't know where we can get official information about the number of Russian troops in certain areas.

Old April 10th, 2021 #78
Paul Anthony
Banned

Okay, but can you Alex confirm there are Russian Troops (doesn't matter how many) on the border ready for a conflict??

Old April 10th, 2021 #79
Alex Him

Quote:
Okay, but can you Alex confirm there are Russian Troops (doesn't matter how many) on the border ready for a conflict??
I have no information on this matter.

Old April 10th, 2021 #80
Paul Anthony
Banned

Okay, what do you think? Are we headed for a major war on the Eastern/Russian border??

I can tell you if a majoy war does break out Burgas Bulgaria seems to me to be a major target so I won't be going there!

Thread