VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th, 2009 #1
OTPTT
Banned

Default Nigress Runs Over Her 11 Year-old Niglet On Purpose

Child's death investigated

Officials say mother admitted to running over 11-year-old son

As police spent Monday trying to piece together why a mother would run down her 11-year-old child in a sport utility vehicle, family members expressed shock and disbelief at the brutal act.

[Hint: ]

Sandra Renia Joseph, 49 of Lafayette has been charged with first-degree murder after her son Sam Udomeh was found dead Saturday in a rural area outside Grand Coteau.

Samuel's father and stepmother, Fidel and Felicia Udomeh, said the news came as a shock to them.

"I didn't think she would have done anything to hurt Sam," Felicia Udomeh said. "I thought she would have taken her own life before the child's. I didn't think it was that bad."
Investigators say the boy was standing beside a metal farm building when his mother's vehicle struck him with great force.

Joseph, a former Lafayette police officer, has no criminal history in St. Landry Parish or Lafayette Parish.

Investigators are trying to find out what led to the child's death.

"I met with the lady's family today - her mother, father and brother - they were very disturbed," St. Landry Parish Sheriff Bobby Guidroz said Monday.

"Anytime a mother takes her own child's life, there is a possibility of mental issues. I think that is the case here," Guidroz said.

According to Guidroz, the mother admitted during questioning that she ran over the child on purpose.
Joseph is being held in the St. Landry Parish Jail without bond.

Felicia Udomeh, said Sam, a Paul Breaux Middle School sixth-grader, was an "energetic and loving" child.

Last edited by OTPTT; February 25th, 2009 at 09:55 AM.

Tags
crime fighter, diversity, great news, social services

Thread